joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just set and forget, really no discussion about it. He saw the third-most stacked boxes with Foles out, but now that he's back, teams can't overcommit on run D now since Foles has demonstrated that he can burn you through the air. Fournette's also avg'ing 6 targets/game, so his floor is one of the safest out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Any last minute thoughts on this matchup? What are the odds Indy stops the run today?

I'd say they were pretty good at stopping the run. Foles sucks, bring back Minshew or LF's value is done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I'd say they were pretty good at stopping the run. Foles sucks, bring back Minshew or LF's value is done. 

My worry all along was that Indy would shut down the ground game. I knew they were solid against the run, but in the end, I just thought Fournette was in a respectable offense that could move the ball and score a few TDs. Should've went with my gut and started Bell over LF. Matchup and volume won out.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything to worry about here? Or just a bad game and Foles shaking off rust? Didn’t get to watch the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Anything to worry about here? Or just a bad game and Foles shaking off rust? Didn’t get to watch the game. 

He’s a bust.  It’s hard to win if you don’t score td’s.  He’s not getting the volume yards anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ran the ball 5X in the first half and 9X total, not a recipe for success when Fournette is in the backfield.

Poor game management, hopefully that changes next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

He’s a bust.  It’s hard to win if you don’t score td’s.  He’s not getting the volume yards anymore 

lol, expert analysis here folks, the man is a bust

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve gar said:

They ran the ball 5X in the first half and 9X total, not a recipe for success when Fournette is in the backfield.

Poor game management, hopefully that changes next week.

Agree, fully.  Alarm bells are not (yet) sounding.  Game script/ "New" QB taking reigns/returning from a major injury = performance abnormalities.  (Let's go with that!...:))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same coach who got fired in Minny last year for throwing too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's no longer set/forget if you have legit other flex options imo. Things don't get any easier the next 2 weeks v TEN/TB. He hit rock bottom today and may stay there a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

He's no longer set/forget if you have legit other flex options imo. Things don't get any easier the next 2 weeks v TEN/TB. He hit rock bottom today and may stay there a while.


That's just crazy talk . He’s a solid RB2 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

He’s a bust.  It’s hard to win if you don’t score td’s.  He’s not getting the volume yards anymore 

RB10 (ADP around RB13/RB14) with a 10-week low of 9 fantasy points is a bust. I see we’re still playing games in this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

RB10 (ADP around RB13/RB14) with a 10-week low of 9 fantasy points is a bust. I see we’re still playing games in this thread.

Whatever makes you feel better pal.  The current season totals are skewed because guys like Kamara, Saquon, Conner, DJ got injured.  No way is he rb10 or an rb1 moving forward, which is all that really matters at this point.  Yes he had a nice start but his best games were almost 2 month ago.  He’s tailing off because his team is terrible and gamescript is taking over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Whatever makes you feel better pal.  The current season totals are skewed because guys like Kamara, Saquon, Conner, DJ got injured.  No way is he rb10 or an rb1 moving forward, which is all that really matters at this point.  Yes he had a nice start but his best games were almost 2 month ago.  He’s tailing off because his team is terrible and gamescript is taking over.  

Not a single game this season with less than 12 PPR points, pacing SEVENTY RECEPTIONS. This is something no one anticipated out of him. RB9 with 1 rushing TD. On pace for a shade under 1400 yards, averaging 4.7YPC, something no one said he could do. this guy was a late 2nd or 3rd round pick in basically all leagues. 

What more do you want from him besides TD's which he is due to positively regress in? You are literally talking out of your a$$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Damien William's thread spooges their drawers over usage like Fournette's floor game.  The over-reaction here is silly.  The only thing that concerns me is they ran the ball 9 times in a game that was basically a one score game throughout.  Hoping that is not a trend, but vs. Tennesse and Tampa Bay do not scare me at all, he's a set and forget.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Whatever makes you feel better pal.  The current season totals are skewed because guys like Kamara, Saquon, Conner, DJ got injured.  No way is he rb10 or an rb1 moving forward, which is all that really matters at this point.  Yes he had a nice start but his best games were almost 2 month ago.  He’s tailing off because his team is terrible and gamescript is taking over.  


Welcome to Overreaction Monday.

 

”No Way is he RB10 or RB1 moving forward”...Wrong.  
 

I think he’ll be right about that spot overall, and look at his playoff schedule... there aren’t 10 RBs I’d rather have than him.  The next two weeks might be closer to floor games, but then Weeks 14, 15 & 16 could be huge.  I already have a playoff spot locked up in both my leagues, and Fournette’s reliability is a big reason why.

 

He hasn’t scored less than 9.2 points in half-PPR all season (yesterday was his worst game), and his numbers in PPR are even better. That’s the definition of a solid RB. He’s a low-end RB1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone that is disappointed in their back end 2nd round RB being an (at worst) top 10 RB is out of their damned mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact...Kalen Ballage and Fournette had the same amount of PPR points yesterday (12.7) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motown_Magic said:

Not a single game this season with less than 12 PPR points, pacing SEVENTY RECEPTIONS. This is something no one anticipated out of him. RB9 with 1 rushing TD. On pace for a shade under 1400 yards, averaging 4.7YPC, something no one said he could do. this guy was a late 2nd or 3rd round pick in basically all leagues. 

What more do you want from him besides TD's which he is due to positively regress in? You are literally talking out of your a$$

I’m talking out of mine?  You’re the one banking on the mythical touchdown regression.  It’s cute in like week 6 but we’re going on the whole season now.  At some point you realize this is who he is.  A really good player on a terrible team that gets minimal scoring opportunities.  What’s really regressing is his yardage.  He was on a torrid pace early in the season which obviously isn’t sustainable.  Now his ceiling is significantly lowering unless he scores td’s, which he’s not. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Fun fact...Kalen Ballage and Fournette had the same amount of PPR points yesterday (12.7) 

 

Ballage had the most Matt Asiata statline ever yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

I’m talking out of mine?  You’re the one banking on the mythical touchdown regression.  It’s cute in like week 6 but we’re going on the whole season now.  At some point you realize this is who he is.  A really good player on a terrible team that gets minimal scoring opportunities.  What’s really regressing is his yardage.  He was on a torrid pace early in the season which obviously isn’t sustainable.  Now his ceiling is significantly lowering unless he scores td’s, which he’s not. 

if you think a healthy fournette pacing 250+ touches is going to finish with 1 TD and us expecting some positive regression here is unrealistic, then I dont know what to tell you. 

This man is a bellcow and will finish top 5 in RB touches barring injury. I would be willing to bet- never in NFL history has a back had 250+ touches and only finished with 1 TD. The receptions may drop, but it's a matter of time before he sees the end zone. Fact of the matter is he has been a very solid return on investment for where he was drafted, and that is the point here. Once again, I dont know what else you can realistically expect from a guy drafted between 22-30th overall.People wanted a low end RB1, high end RB2, he has been that and more. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.