Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Freddie Freeman 2019 Outlook

Surprised to see Freddie doesn't have a thread yet. 

2018 was a bit of a disappointment. After hitting 34 HRs in 2016 and 28 in 117 games in 2017, Freeman only hit 23 last year despite not missing a game. The BA is great...hitting .300+ for the last three seasons, and he produces Rs and RBI. Now he's even tossing a handful of SBs. But I know we'd all like more than 23 HRs from our 1B, especially after hitting 14 through June. 

So do we see Freeman get back up to the 30 HR range? Was his July-Sept HR swoon a temporary hiccup? If he can keep the dd SBs and get back to the 34 HRs he hit in 2016, that would be studly. 

If i recall correctly, he did get hit on the wrist again last year right? Just this time, he didn't miss any time?

I don't know if it had been talked about at all, either by himself or others, but is it possible that played a role in the lack of HRs? Sapped some power, even though it didn't force him to miss time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

If i recall correctly, he did get hit on the wrist again last year right? Just this time, he didn't miss any time?

I don't know if it had been talked about at all, either by himself or others, but is it possible that played a role in the lack of HRs? Sapped some power, even though it didn't force him to miss time?

I remember fearing he was out when this happened , all the number were the same except for home runs , explains why there was no legitimate concern 

He is currently ranked the number one 1B in all of baseball hopping over Goldy on many platforms this year so yeah no concerns at all. 

And I didn't find him the least disappointing last season.  He played through his injury just to help my fantasy team after all.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He may not hit 30 homers again.  His biggest assett is somewhat hidden...giving you 600ab of hitting over .300 or near .400obp

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He is currently ranked the number one 1B in all of baseball hopping over Goldy on many platforms this year so yeah no concerns at all. 

And I didn't find him the least disappointing last season.  He played through his injury just to help my fantasy team after all.  😎

46 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

He may not hit 30 homers again.  His biggest assett is somewhat hidden...giving you 600ab of hitting over .300 or near .400obp

what BBT said.  i think he was injured.  i think in a full healthy year on a good team where he cant be pitched around he will hit 30-35 homeruns. i mean he was a 970 and 990 OPS guy the previous 2 years and 940 the first half of last year... 16 homers vs 7

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

He’s only hit more than 30 homers once.  He also played 162 games last season.  Could he hit more than 30?  Yes, but he’s more of a Joey Votto than a masher.  

Just now, kidtwentytwo said:

He’s only hit more than 30 homers once.  He also played 162 games last season.  Could he hit more than 30?  Yes, but he’s more of a Joey Votto than a masher.  

so he hit 34 in 2016 then he hit 28 in 2017 but that was only 440 at bats.  so give him another 150 at bats and hes closer to 35 again.

then this past year i think he was on pace for another 30 ish but something(injury) zapped some power in 2nd half.

so i think this shows hes become a 30 HR guy if healthy based on the last 3 years.  guys do add power into their mid 20s as they may get bigger/stronger etc.

• Like 2

Apparently, Freddie didnt get the league-wide juiced ball, full on assault on pitchers memo...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Apparently, Freddie didnt get the league-wide juiced ball, full on assault on pitchers memo...

his early season power drain is a tad disconcerting but I am sure he will come around.

2 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

his early season power drain is a tad disconcerting but I am sure he will come around.

Yea, I know, lol.

Im just a bit worried that he hasnt been the same, HR wise since his wrist injury.

6 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Ask and thou shall receive.

3 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Ask and thou shall receive.

I'll be right back, I'm heading to each of my players threads to comment about how they're not hitting home runs!

Freeman is a beast. No shares of him this year though unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Best 1B in fantasy 

perhaps but Goldschmidt and Bellinger may give him a run for that honor

On 4/24/2019 at 6:38 PM, Simsanityy179 said:

Not worth my 16th pick , I’ll pick the under for 25hrs

Incredible how he’s been amazing since I said this 

5 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Incredible how he’s been amazing since I said this 

Bash him some more please 😂 I could use a few SBs and some more home runs before the AS break.

• Haha 1

Freddie Freeman went 2-for-4 and scored a run during Wednesday's win over the Cubs.

He doubled in the third inning and got to ride home on a three-run bomb off the bat of Nick Markakis. Freeman continues to rake and is trending toward what could be the best season of his career. He has a .313 batting average with 21 home runs, 61 RBI and 60 stolen bases in a powerful Braves lineup. 

Jun 27, 2019, 12:57 AM ET

What if that wasn't a typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2