SpecialFNK

Dansby Swanson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Baseball Batman said:

About as quiet as a breakout season can get. This isn't a prediction, but it is a current pace - 35 HR, 114 RBI, 90 runs, 16 SB, .270/.323/.509

And backed by expected stats...so he hadn’t gotten lucky either...

• Like 1

Just picked him up for $1 in a keeper league.

I was comparing season Runs/RBI totals around the league and most good players are at 30/30 at least at this point, and he's at 36/43.

I dropped Ahmed Rosario for him. Rosario has a ton of potential, but Swanson is out producing him in the 5 categories we track: Runs, RBI, HR, SB, Avg.  He also bats higher in the order than Rosario.

In fact on this date, he is nearly identical to Rhys Hoskins stats (+5 more steals)!!!

Edited by Sabo-metrics

I have also picked him up and won't drop him, but don't really need him - So tempted to play him for Machado this week who hasn't done a thing in comparison - Of course, SD has 3 @COL so I can't do that.  🙄

I’m curious as to how someone this productive into June.. highly rated prospect, admittedly more for defense, is still available in a league. He has been ultra productive all year in a very good offense. 

Edited by Daytraders2019

7 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

I’m curious as to how someone this productive into June.. highly rated prospect, admittedly more for defense, is still available in a league. He has been ultra productive all year in a very good offense. 

I think you were talking to me - I picked him up a few weeks ago mostly to keep him away from others rather than really needing a stick.  He was highly rated, but had not done much with it - maybe he is a bit of a late bloomer ( at least compared to when he got to MLB)

SS is so deep that this guy is difficult to trade for any value.  In my 12 team league, he's currently ranked 10th in points (and that doesn't include Lindor who started the season late but is clearly more valuable).  He's also ranked ahead of Baez but I assume that won't last much longer.  So basically he's the 12th ranked SS, which is nice but not enough to get anything back.  

• Like 2

Still raking. Seems to be settling into the .260-270 range for his batting average. 

On pace for 105 runs, 28 HR, 99 RBI, 13 SB. 

The #2 spot in the lineup is ideal for fantasy purposes, behind Acuña Jr. and ahead of Freeman... RBI and run-scoring opportunities abound!

• Like 1

Love me some Dansby! He's been great for fantasy and in real life. He was a really good prospect for the Braves throughout his ascension to the bigs and when he arrived he underwhelmed. It seems like it just took him a little longer than a lot of people anticipated when he was brought up and I'm glad the Braves have stuck with him. He's very deserving of that number two spot and it's showing.

Enjoying the ride. I have two bona fide first round studs who are SS eligible on my team and Dansby was a free agent pickup the first week of the season. I tried like hell through most of May and June to trade Dansby to some of the SS needy teams in my league and they had zero interest.

I'll happily continue playing this guy at UTIL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

Enjoying the ride. I have two bona fide first round studs who are SS eligible on my team and Dansby was a free agent pickup the first week of the season. I tried like hell through most of May and June to trade Dansby to some of the SS needy teams in my league and they had zero interest.

Completely agree. Same boat. Question- what would it take you or anyone else for that matter to move him in dynasty? 

On 7/5/2019 at 5:53 AM, mjb03003 said:

Good luck. You're going to need it. As was pointed out earlier, SS is a very deep position this year. Baseball Monster has 12 guys ranked inside the Top 60 on the season that are SS-eligible. That's more than any other infield position (excluding C obviously). If you have 2 good shortstops, sounds to me like you just have 2 good hitters.

11 hours ago, Ohiohaybaler said:

Swanson has a .606 OPS since the all-star break with zero RBI and I am worried

He's been streaky this whole year. He'll snap out of it and heat back up soon.

• Like 1

Ia he coming back Monday or Tuesday? Next weekend? Any new info, other than return is delayed this weekend?

Bowman of MLB reports swanson will have treatment in atl the next few says.