turner46

Jacob deGrom 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

He got paid

Edited by smeeze
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

He got paid

New flash!  Mets do something logical!  (He should have held out for his own private, non-Mets, medical staff though).

5 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

Funny, this link says he broke the record with his 26th straight last year...

https://www.mlb.com/news/jacob-degrom-sets-mlb-record-in-loss-c294239774

" In the loss, deGrom submitted his 26th consecutive start of three or fewer runs, breaking Leslie "King" Cole's 108-year-old Major League record."

Welcome back behind the plate Travis D’arnaud. deGrom didn’t have much of anything tonight but why they kept the brittle bum of a catcher over mesoraco is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Welcome back behind the plate Travis D’arnaud. deGrom didn’t have much of anything tonight but why they kept the brittle bum of a catcher over mesoraco is beyond me.

That R.A. Dickey trade would’ve been ridiculous even without the inclusion of D’Arnaud

He needs to shave that ridiculous thing growing on his chin. Def messed up his mojo. Oh and the catcher too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

5 home runs in 2 games and a ton of walks tonight. Very weird to see. Arm strain?

He isn’t commanding his fastball, or much of anything. Even last start tons of  full counts. I’d guess something off with his mechanics he still got a decent amount of swinging strikes with the pitches that were offered at.

Braves have always played him tough. His fastball was missing by inches, Close but no cigar. Didn't even throw the changeup till the 2nd time through the order. I'm disappointed as anyone of the last two starts, but then again you have to ponder 26 QS? I mean it is hard to be great and even harder to maintain it for a long period of time,IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Braves have always played him tough. His fastball was missing by inches, Close but no cigar. Didn't even throw the changeup till the 2nd time through the order. I'm disappointed as anyone of the last two starts, but then again you have to ponder 26 QS? I mean it is hard to be great and even harder to maintain it for a long period of time,IMO.

From what I saw watching on ESPN there were some calls right on the fringe that you'd think the defending CY winer would get, but did not.  Not happy with the last 2 starts but hopeful he gets them out of the way now and goes on a tear the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, kelle1sa said:

From what I saw watching on ESPN there were some calls right on the fringe that you'd think the defending CY winer would get, but did not.  Not happy with the last 2 starts but hopeful he gets them out of the way now and goes on a tear the rest of the way.

Agreed, but he wasn’t hitting the spot the catcher wanted either. We’ll forget all about this after his next start. 

2 hours ago, kelle1sa said:

Wasn't hitting his spots and still struck out 9 in 5 innings. It seemed as if the Braves hitters knew when the off-speed stuff was coming and were laying off it at a pretty good clip.

14 hours ago, MrPositive said:

5 home runs in 2 games and a ton of walks tonight. Very weird to see. Arm strain?

Callaway shouldn't have had him throw 114 pitches in the second start of the season. 

Mets news: Jacob deGrom is headed back to New York for an MRI. His elbow was “barking” after playing catch today, Mickey Callaway said.

image.jpeg

image.png

2 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

Strep throat, huh

Classic Mets. Expecting the worst, hoping for the best here.

10 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Mets news: Jacob deGrom is headed back to New York for an MRI. His elbow was “barking” after playing catch today, Mickey Callaway said.

image.jpeg

image.png

just heard this on WFAN

and they just paid him.  this is why you dont pay pitchers.  Sale is gonna kill boston, price too.  degrom well see.  kershaw too.

madMax is the really only one who hasnt killed his team

• Like 2