turner46

Jacob deGrom 2019 Outlook

56 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Pretty pedestrian this year.

I feel like pedestrian is a bit harsh. He’s not the Cy Young winner of last year, but he’s still above average. They mentioned in the telecast today that he entered as 7th in the NL in ERA.

There’s a good chance he throws a QS tonight fwiw. Probably one inning left in him.

Throwing to Ramos tonight. Has had much more success with Nido. And this is after Syndergaard reportedly said he wants to throw to Nido not Ramos. 

2 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

Throwing to Ramos tonight. Has had much more success with Nido. And this is after Syndergaard reportedly said he wants to throw to Nido not Ramos. 

He threw fine. Noah just looking for an excuse for why hes sucked.

Screwed again. Mickey challenged a stolen base early in the game and wasn’t able to review what looked like an out at home in the 7th. Years from now deGrom will be regarded as the greatest pitcher ever with a record under .500

6 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Screwed again. Mickey challenged a stolen base early in the game and wasn’t able to review what looked like an out at home in the 7th. Years from now deGrom will be regarded as the greatest pitcher ever with a record under .500

Diaz the bum would have just blown the 2-1 lead in the 9th anyways.

Posted (edited)

mets are now 16-30 when degrom pitches, god they suck wish he was a yankee

Edited by Kramjam24
  • Like 2

deGrom hasn't given up more than 3 earned runs since 5/17. He is 31 years old, but only has ~1060 innings on his arm. I can't wait to draft this dude next season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

deGrom hasn't given up more than 3 earned runs since 5/17. He is 31 years old, but only has ~1060 innings on his arm. I can't wait to draft this dude next season.

We know hitters break down because of natural breakdown of skills related to age, not necessarily mileage.  How about for pitchers?  Is it mostly related to mileage?  

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Ya baby!

This guy is killing it again. I tried to move him earlier in the year (needed a bat) and a few people told me they thought he was "done" because he had like 2 bad outings. 

2 hours ago, 4catztoomany said:

We know hitters break down because of natural breakdown of skills related to age, not necessarily mileage.  How about for pitchers?  Is it mostly related to mileage?  

I go by a combo of innings pitched + pitches thrown. I don't know of another way. Some guys will always just be solid (Greinke, JV, etc) and some guys will end up folding (Shields, Price, possibly Kluber).

On 8/26/2019 at 7:07 PM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

There is an end for everything I guess according to his 2 last outings.