Sign in to follow this  
BrianM

Danny Amendola 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Anything to see here? He has had 2 very solid games in a row seems like with rb injuries they are throwing more?

Problem is the low floor combined with any given game injury risk. Passing offense is top-10 but those are the dice rolls

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Problem is the low floor combined with any given game injury risk. Passing offense is top-10 but those are the dice rolls

Yeah but in full ppr he us getting 10 targets per game and they basically have no run game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dalton Gang said:

Anybody in PPR leagues starting him after two back to back good games and he faces Oakland??

I'm dropping him in my WR3 spot for Larry Fitzgerald who has gone AWOL. So look for Fitz to drop 100+ this week.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tschwicht said:

I'm dropping him in my WR3 spot for Larry Fitzgerald who has gone AWOL. So look for Fitz to drop 100+ this week.

I’m making the same exact call this week. Looking good so far through the first half!

Danny Amendola has posted 7-104-1, 0-0-0, 4-37-0, 1-6-0, 8-105-0 and 8-95-0 lines this season. Perhaps it's not a coincidence that Amendola's involvement in the offense has spiked since Kerryon Johnson (knee, IR) was injured. He's a cheaper and likely lesser-owned DFS play in what figures to be a popular game stack, particularly after considering Lamarcus Joyner joins Giants nickelback Grant Haley as the only CBs to allow over 300 yards into their slot coverage this season.

Definitely trending up since Johnson's injury. 19 targets the past two weeks and 16 catches. He's had some duds but he dealt with a chest injury for a couple of those weeks and was questionable a time or two. Seems like a good situation and matchup against Oakland in the 2nd highest over/under game of the week. But I got snookered into starting Kenny Stills last week so what do I know?

I am streaming him in the WR3 spot...he has shown a pretty great ceiling in this offense and it is the Staffy show. Raiders are very vulnerable over the middle of the field, so it is pretty likely that Danny or Hock are gonna get some volume.

I have in my full PPR flex as of right now. Hoping those targets keep coming. I haven’t seen much hype from the ‘experts’ which gives me hope.

Really surprised no one has mentioned him. MJJ done. No Hock. Who else they going to throw to with Golladay being focused on by the defense?

ps. Plays the 32nd ranked defense against wide recievers this week...

Edited by FantasyGOAT
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Really surprised no one has mentioned him. MJJ done. No Hock. Who else they going to throw to with Golladay being focused on by the defense?

ps. Plays the 32nd ranked defense against wide recievers this week...

I was thinking the same thing earlier today and wanted to pick him up. I can see a lot of targets with Tampa being good against the run and probably smothering Scarbrough. I'm just worried Blough cant move the team for opportunities to score. I do think Amendola could get around 10 targets.

But I compared him to my other options, like Aj Brown, Odell, Kirk and Anthony Miller, and the only one I was thinking I would start Amendola (on a bad offense) over, was possibly Odell or Miller.

I could see the Lions scoring maybe 1 TD and 2 FG's all game with Peyton Barber/Jones getting 30 touches to milk the clock.

Edited by NolanRyan

3 hours ago, NolanRyan said:

I could see the Lions scoring maybe 1 TD and 2 FG's all game with Peyton Barber/Jones getting 30 touches to milk the clock.

TB has only had one team score less than 20 points against them, and that was the Jacksonville game where Foles imploded in the first half. Of course the Lions QB situation takes a lot of the luster off of him, but Amendola is a steady Pro and is going to be available all game. If he can get half his targets I bet we’re looking at 10 points in PPR and hopefully the score can allow for a TD. O/U on this game is 47 which is one shy of the highest for the week (I believe). 

Im not thrilled at all to say I’m the #1 seed flexing Danny Amendola with a 3rd strong QB, but that’s better than starting Curtis Samuel and crossing my fingers he doesn’t give me a 2 catch 20 yard game.

Really tempted to pick him up and possibly play him with no Hock or MJJ. Matchup is good and at home, just worried about QB play. My WR crew is depleted with injuries and have guys like AJ Brown, Pascal to fill in. Need some upside to help get past semi finals. Lamar definitely helped last night. Would pray for a 6-75-1 stat line with Amendola, hopefully Jameis thumb holds up and can keep Detroit throwing the ball.

This feels like it could be a shootout. Guessing both teams will likely put up 25+ points.

TB has been great against the run, and horrible against the pass.

Here's a fun fact to think about:

On Yahoo, when looking at the performances against TB this season by WRs.

Out of the 30 receivers listed, 25 of them have posted 10 PPR points or more.

Out of the 5 who didn't, 3 of them posted 9 PPR points.

With Marvin Jones out for the season, Bo Scarbrough likely getting bottled up, and Kenny Galloday taking most of the coverage, I believe Amendola might have a pretty good chance of getting 8-10 targets, and pulling down at least 5-6 catches and 60+ yards.

He feels like he should have a pretty safe floor, and could be a week winner if he ends up going for an 8 catch / 100-yard kind fo game.

• Like 1

Got the job done this week. Not as nice of a matchup against Denver this week but with all the injuries folks may not have many other options left. That defense certainly looked vulnerable against KC.

Edited by KCX