ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

[...] How are we feeling about him with Darnold back soon? 

He got dropped in my (ppr) league too, I picked him up immediately.
I trust when Darnold is back, their chemistry will pick up where they left off.

• Like 1

Crowder is always in the slot. 

34 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Crowder is always in the slot. 

since Enunwa went out he's been running 70% of his routes from the outside 

from PFF (before Darnold was ruled out) 

Start

Jamison Crowder/Robby Anderson, WR, New York Jets (@ PHI)

In Week 1, Sam Darnold targeted Crowder on a whopping 15 of 41 throws (37%). Over Darnold’s last five games, Anderson averages 9.2 targets and 16.0 fantasy points per game. With Darnold expected to make his return this week, both wide receivers are flex-worthy if he plays. Although Crowder started off the season in the slot, an injury to Quincy Enunwa has since forced Braxton Berrios into the lineup and Crowder to the outside. This is where Anderson has run 84% of his routes this season, while Crowder ran 70% of his routes from the outside in Week 3. Philadelphia, meanwhile, for the third consecutive season, is giving up the most fantasy points per game to opposing outside wide receivers.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Start

In Week 1, Sam Darnold targeted Crowder on a whopping 15 of 41 throws (37%). Over Darnold’s last five games, Anderson averages 9.2 targets and 16.0 fantasy points per game. With Darnold expected to make his return this week, both wide receivers are flex-worthy if he plays. Although Crowder started off the season in the slot, an injury to Quincy Enunwa has since forced Braxton Berrios into the lineup and Crowder to the outside. This is where Anderson has run 84% of his routes this season, while Crowder ran 70% of his routes from the outside in Week 3. Philadelphia, meanwhile, for the third consecutive season, is giving up the most fantasy points per game to opposing outside wide receivers.

Darnold has already been announced as out for this week. I wouldn’t want to start any of the Jets receivers, but if I had to, Crowder would be the one. He should see the most volume. 

Edited by y2jbones

Just now, y2jbones said:

Darnold has already been announced as our for this week. I wouldn’t want to start any of the Jets receivers, but if I had to, Crowder would be the one. He should see the most volume. 

NIce

5 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Start

Crowder had 17 targets week 1. 

Crowder was playing outside because DT and Bellamy were out in addition to Enunwa.

Both DT and Bellamy got in limited practices this week. 

If either are back I would think Crowder would head back to the slot.   Not that it matters much with Falk playing. 

• Like 1

The Eagles have allowed five 100-yd WRs in four games and have given up 7 TDs to WRs. And I still don't think I can run Crowder out there as a FL2...not without Darnold. 

1 hour ago, viciousphilpy said:

Playing with confidence 

I can't play with confidence when considering his QB situation. He doesn't have Stafford or Ryan or Rodgers...or even Keenum throwing to him. Plus, I'm patiently waiting for Darnold to return. 

• Like 1

Gase always schemes for slot receivers. 

With a bye week to plan, I’m sure Gase gets back to his roots and gives Crowder 15 targets against this Eagles secondary. 

7 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

Gase always schemes for slot receivers. 

With a bye week to plan, I’m sure Gase gets back to his roots and gives Crowder 15 targets against this Eagles secondary. 

15? Lawsy! I doubt he sees 15. NYJ has attempted 31 and 22 passes the last two games. Even if they attempt 30 again, 10 targets would be a great number for Crowder. If Falk isn't looking for him the way Darnold did in game one (41 pass attempts), it won't matter how Gase schemes. 

Demaryius Thomas (questionable, hamstring) is expected to play in Week 5 against the Eagles.

Thomas "looked good" in practice this week. All signs point to him returning Sunday, allowing Jamison Crowder to move back to the slot. Thomas should upgrade the Jets offense, but his floor is low with Luke Falk making another start.

SOURCE: ESPN
Oct 5, 2019, 11:02 AM ET
  •  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I can't play with confidence when considering his QB situation. He doesn't have Stafford or Ryan or Rodgers...or even Keenum throwing to him. Plus, I'm patiently waiting for Darnold to return. 

Absolutely. If you are starting him this week with confidence you either are in a VERY shallow league or you don't know what you are doing. I say this and I have him on a very deep 12 teamer. He won't sniff my lineup unless I have no choice or je is a bye week replacement. Even then he isn't a good play.

Sam's back this week!  Fire up Crowder vs a stingy Dallas D (who arguable hasn't played anyone yet...)??

If Week 1 was any indication this dude is going to be a very solid WR in PPR leagues.

With Darnold officially back this week...Run, don't walk if he's still available in FA.

Put in a waiver claim for him. With the news on Herndons sore hammy, Crowders usage should only get better now that Darnold is coming back. 

I'm not running Crowder out there this week, unless I'm desperate. I need to see Darnold perform and know that he's completely back from this mono thing. He might have been cleared, but the weakness that follows can very well linger. If you don't have to start him, I wouldn't. If he goes off on my bench, then I'm okay with that. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm not running Crowder out there this week, unless I'm desperate. I need to see Darnold perform and know that he's completely back from this mono thing. He might have been cleared, but the weakness that follows can very well linger. If you don't have to start him, I wouldn't. If he goes off on my bench, then I'm okay with that. 

Plus Dallas D is pretty decent for the most part. Schedule for the Jets softens up as the season goes on

Jamison Crowder Head to Head Stats vs Dallas Cowboys

Game by Game Statistics vs DAL Since 2008

Yr Wk Rushing Receiving Punt Returns Fum
Lost
Fantasy
2015 17 0 0 0.0 0 7 5 109 1 0 0 0 0 21.9
2016 2 0 0 0.0 0 8 6 39 1 0 0 0 0 15.9
2016 12 0 0 0.0 0 10 8 88 0 0 0 0 0 16.8
2017 8 2 12 6.0 0 13 9 123 0 1 -1 0 1 22.5
2017 13 0 0 0.0 0 7 5 67 0 1 4 0 1 11.7
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, GridironWolves said:

Jamison Crowder Head to Head Stats vs Dallas Cowboys

Game by Game Statistics vs DAL Since 2008

Yr Wk Rushing Receiving Punt Returns Fum
Lost
Fantasy
2015 17 0 0 0.0 0 7 5 109 1 0 0 0 0 21.9
2016 2 0 0 0.0 0 8 6 39 1 0 0 0 0 15.9
2016 12 0 0 0.0 0 10 8 88 0 0 0 0 0 16.8
2017 8 2 12 6.0 0 13 9 123 0 1 -1 0 1 22.5
2017 13 0 0 0.0 0 7 5 67 0 1 4 0 1 11.7

And none of that has anything to do with his current context/situation. I like Crowder going forward, but not this week. 

I don’t know you could do worse. I’d pick him up this week on the cheap. The Jets should be trailing and the Cowboys haven’t really shown they can stop anyone 

After the pats but yea I really like crowders schedule and I have a feeling he is a wr2 after pats game as long as darnold healthy.