ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, Flyman75 said:

 

And none of that has anything to do with his current context/situation. I like Crowder going forward, but not this week. 

 

Stats don't lie. The man simply loves playing Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

After the pats but yea I really like crowders schedule and I have a feeling he is a wr2 after pats game as long as darnold healthy.

Why after pats game? Stephen Gilmore will shadow Robby Anderson all game long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy had at least 40 yards 3 catches called back too ...pretty decent as your third WR in a 12 team ppr league, as long as Darnold is under center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m intrigued with Darnold back ROS. Bye week filler. Robby Anderson isn’t consistent so someone else has to do something and Crowder has a good shot to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the two games with Darnold, he's averaging 10 receptions on 13 targets for 98.5 yards. 

That's a 160 reception, 1600 yard pace. Obviously not sustainable, but that's pretty much double what you hope from a WR 2/3. That means if his production were to literally cut in half, he'd still be giving you what you were expecting from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

In the two games with Darnold, he's averaging 10 receptions on 13 targets for 98.5 yards. 

That's a 160 reception, 1600 yard pace. Obviously not sustainable, but that's pretty much double what you hope from a WR 2/3. That means if his production were to literally cut in half, he'd still be giving you what you were expecting from him. 

Herndon returning will impact on Crowder's targets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Herndon returning will impact on Crowder's targets.  

See my original post to start this thread. Gase loves slot receivers. It's like a fetish for him. Herndon will get some targets, but Crowder will be looking at 8-10 targets minimum every week that he and Darnold are healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

See my original post to start this thread. Gase loves slot receivers. It's like a fetish for him. Herndon will get some targets, but Crowder will be looking at 8-10 targets minimum every week that he and Darnold are healthy. 

Pretty sure the depth chart has Darnold as the Jets starting QB, not Gase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Pretty sure the depth chart has Darnold as the Jets starting QB, not Gase. 

Playcalling matters for target distribution. If Crowder is the number one read on 75% of passing plays, he'll get a boatload of targets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Playcalling matters for target distribution. If Crowder is the number one read on 75% of passing plays, he'll get a boatload of targets. 

Each play has a number of options. Herndon and Darnold had great chemistry last year.  I don't see that changing this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Herndon and Darnold had great chemistry last year.  I don't see that changing this year. 

Yes they did, but they also weren’t running this offense & Darnold didn’t have Crowder either. The Gase offense obviously features the slot as a primary read, so I don’t see Crowder getting less than 8 targets a game even when Herndon comes back. They’re also high-percentage throws so those 8 targets should be 5-6 catches. Crowder will be a solid WR2/3 ROS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GridironWolves said:

 

Stats don't lie. The man simply loves playing Cowboys.

 

He had a good week, and it was encouraging to see. But I still don’t care what he has done historically against a team. Rosters and staffs change too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my own guesswork having watching and read about them, Herndon will cut into everyone’s pie a bit.  Maybe a bit more of Crowder than someone like Robby Anderson.    I’m not worried about it though, Crowder is going to be solid in 1/2 ppr.   

Edited by Iron-cock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is a easy consistent WR 2 in any PPR format bottom line, he’s a must add if for some reason he’s on waiver wire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a bye week fill in and I’m really thinking about going with Crowder. I’m in a standard league, but still think he is a solid start. He gets the Pats, so you figure the Jets will have to score to keep up. Gillmore will likely shadow Anderson, which should mean plenty of targets for Crowder. Tate has a pretty nice game last week against NE and I’m pretty sure he runs most his routes out of the slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Pretty sure the depth chart has Darnold as the Jets starting QB, not Gase. 

And I'm pretty sure that Gase is the one drawing up the plays, not Darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WonkaWorld said:

And I'm pretty sure that Gase is the one drawing up the plays, not Darnold.

And pretty sure there's a number of options on each play and Darnold is the QB who makes the decision on who to throw the ball to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to figure out how the WR production will shake out with Darnold under center and I think that this guy is probably the one to own, although Anderson will provide more boom/bust if you prefer the high ceiling potential from week to week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

What's the thought on this guy going forward? Seems there could be a lot of spreading the wealth, especially when Herndon gets back.

I was reading he requested a uniform exception.

Might be a good bet for targets if it gets approved.  Check it out.

Image result for pacman ghost costume

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I was reading he requested a uniform exception.

Might be a good bet for targets if it gets approved.  Check it out.

Image result for pacman ghost costume

Couldn't hurt. Literally the worst football I can recall watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

What's the thought on this guy going forward? Seems there could be a lot of spreading the wealth, especially when Herndon gets back.

People are going to overreact to this disastrous Monday night game. If he gets dropped, or is available for pennies, he's a good cheap add. He'll be right back to his usual 8-10 targets next week. He's still a WR3 for PPR leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

What's the thought on this guy going forward? Seems there could be a lot of spreading the wealth, especially when Herndon gets back.

 

Well we can almost throw out any analysis from the game against the Patriots as what I'm hoping is an outlier... aside from that the schedule gets incredibly pass friendly and there's little denying the chemistry he has with Darnold. The return of Herndon is the one x-factor to clear up right now, if he doesn't come in and absorb a large portion of Crowder's targets I think he has a chance to be a solid back end WR2 off of pure volume.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.