ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

cooper gets gilmore if hes out there. Its a tough call. Gallup 15th in average targets per game and crowder around 30th. Not a huge diff roughly 1 target a game. 

you need to factor in that Darnold wasn’t playing in half those games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eck27 said:

you need to factor in that Darnold wasn’t playing in half those games. 

Exactly. You have to only use week 1 and 6 through present. 

#1 PPR WR for the last 3 weeks.  Carry me to the ship!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Start of the Week: Jamison Crowder vs. Raiders: Crowder has at least 76 yards and a touchdown in three straight games, averaging 7.7 targets and coming in as the overall WR4 in fantasy points per game in that span. Where he’s owned, he should be stapled to lineups. Crowder is clearly Sam Darnold’s favorite target right now and catches another plus-plus draw against the Raiders. Oakland is 28th in passing yards allowed and 27th in fantasy points surrendered to opposing wideouts. Since the Raiders’ Week 6 bye, Marquez Valdes-Scantling (2-133-1), Jake Kumerow (2-54-1), DeAndre Hopkins (11-109), Kenny Golladay (4-132-1), Marvin Jones (8-126-1), and Keenan Allen (8-68) have all met or exceeded expectations against the Silver and Black. Like the guys listed, Crowder is his team’s No. 1 wideout, even though he plays in the slot 73.7% of the time. Allen did his work from inside. Danny Amendola (3-29) was the only other notable slot man to face the Raiders in that span, but he’s a distant third on the Lions for targets. The Raiders’ slot man, Lamarcus Joyner, missed last week with a hamstring injury and didn’t practice Wednesday or Thursday, again putting him in doubt for Sunday. This game has some shootout appeal with a 46.5-point total, fifth-highest of Week 12.

• Thanks 2

On 11/22/2019 at 11:43 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Start of the Week: Jamison Crowder vs. Raiders: Crowder has at least 76 yards and a touchdown in three straight games, averaging 7.7 targets and coming in as the overall WR4 in fantasy points per game in that span. Where he’s owned, he should be stapled to lineups. Crowder is clearly Sam Darnold’s favorite target right now and catches another plus-plus draw against the Raiders. Oakland is 28th in passing yards allowed and 27th in fantasy points surrendered to opposing wideouts. Since the Raiders’ Week 6 bye, Marquez Valdes-Scantling (2-133-1), Jake Kumerow (2-54-1), DeAndre Hopkins (11-109), Kenny Golladay (4-132-1), Marvin Jones (8-126-1), and Keenan Allen (8-68) have all met or exceeded expectations against the Silver and Black. Like the guys listed, Crowder is his team’s No. 1 wideout, even though he plays in the slot 73.7% of the time. Allen did his work from inside. Danny Amendola (3-29) was the only other notable slot man to face the Raiders in that span, but he’s a distant third on the Lions for targets. The Raiders’ slot man, Lamarcus Joyner, missed last week with a hamstring injury and didn’t practice Wednesday or Thursday, again putting him in doubt for Sunday. This game has some shootout appeal with a 46.5-point total, fifth-highest of Week 12.

Oops... 

Rock solid floor in PPR with Darnold until this week. They're in Cincy next week. This is one of those, "it's really hard to start him, but how can I sit him?!", situations.

He can’t be a reliable fantasy WR2 with games like this. He’s in a crowded field of WR3’s.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

He can’t be a reliable fantasy WR2 with games like this. He’s in a crowded field of WR3’s.

I mean they were up by 3 TDs before the half and some/most of the starters were benched at the start of the 4th qtr ......it's odd that blurbs don't even mention that for guys like Crowder/Bell and the Raiders 

4 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

Can’t wait to drop him for the third time this season

I wouldn’t do that... This was a really weird game.  Perfectly fine to be hesitant starting him, but I expect him to bounce back against the Bengals.

WR like crowder are only good when their QB sucks and they're used as escape valves

the better Darnold plays, the less startable this guy becomes.

10 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

WR like crowder are only good when their QB sucks and they're used as escape valves

That’s not necessarily true, Darnold has been playing better for a while now. It’s one bad game that had a really weird game script.

The slot receiver has always played a big role in Adam Gase’s offense.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, FritzLn said:

This makes no sense to me.

Why would his top receiver become less valuable as he plays better? 

• Haha 1

I want to trust him this week over Golladay, but he doesn't seem like a steady option given he had 2.8 points last week. 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:16 PM, atdharris said:

I want to trust him this week over Golladay, but he doesn't seem like a steady option given he had 2.8 points last week. 

I have to roll him out as devante Parker is my only other option and I don’t like the matchup with a finally healthy eagles secondary. I just hope bengals can score a bit to keep Darnold passing. The blowout hurt last week but 1/4 targets were still in redzone and in the endzone it was just a ball too low and too tight to the front pylon. Crowder should be able to exploit the bengals in the middle of the field and Darnold should have enough time to find him.

Time to drop him for a playoff defense or 2 or a hot emerging player or a rb cuff

I didn't watch any of this game but he still got 9 targets though. Not sure how much to read into that but it seems he's still involved?

I have no idea how he could get 9 targets and turn it into 2 catches for 8 yards. I assume they were all uncatchable. I'm done with this guy. I'd rather roll with Golladay with his 8th string QB over starting anyone on the Jets.