ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Starting with little confidence. He went off against Miami the first time. Hopefully things play out similarly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped, might be wrong but he’s too risky. Darnold is very boom bust himself and when he’s on it could always be a Robby day or griffin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting with confidence.  Put up 21 ppr pts last time he played Miami.  Had 8 targets last week (only caught 2 but that is super rare for him.)  8 targets prove he is still heavily involved.  No Leveon so opens up more targets.   Great start in PPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....Crickets....

This dude's fantasy value is so overlooked. He will finish with around 80 catches, 900 receiving yards, and 6 TDs. That's despite playing 3 games without a QB. He's absolutely a WR2 with Darnold healthy. I know the offense sucks, and he's had some stinkers, but that's what makes him a WR2, and not a WR1. However, he's treated like a WR3/4. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... don’t even know what to say. [...]

 

Made total sense after knowing DT and Griffin wouldn’t be playing and Robby seeing more of the coverage. Could’ve been a week winning play. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

....Crickets....

This dude's fantasy value is so overlooked. He will finish with around 80 catches, 900 receiving yards, and 6 TDs. That's despite playing 3 games without a QB. He's absolutely a WR2 with Darnold healthy. I know the offense sucks, and he's had some stinkers, but that's what makes him a WR2, and not a WR1. However, he's treated like a WR3/4. 

He was horrible the couple of weeks prior to this, and Baltimore D was a tough matchup. Lots of people, including me, probably benched this dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He was horrible the couple of weeks prior to this, and Baltimore D was a tough matchup. Lots of people, including me, probably benched this dude. 

Oh, for sure. Everyone in the WR2 range is going to have bad games. He put up a couple bad ones in a row, and everyone forgot that he's a target machine in this offense. In PPR leagues, he shouldn't ever be ignored. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ajs723 said:

....Crickets....

This dude's fantasy value is so overlooked. He will finish with around 80 catches, 900 receiving yards, and 6 TDs. That's despite playing 3 games without a QB. He's absolutely a WR2 with Darnold healthy. I know the offense sucks, and he's had some stinkers, but that's what makes him a WR2, and not a WR1. However, he's treated like a WR3/4. 

 

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Oh, for sure. Everyone in the WR2 range is going to have bad games. He put up a couple bad ones in a row, and everyone forgot that he's a target machine in this offense. In PPR leagues, he shouldn't ever be ignored. 

 WR2??? Come on now...he just put up 3 monster duds in a row, all 3 against very favorable matchups. 

Now he gets one of the best defenses in the NFL, who are on a roll, with a QB and offense that dominate possession, AND on a Thursday night...

Of course he was overlooked, as he should have been. Nobody in their right mind should've started him last night. It's REAL easy to come tout him AFTER the fact, but let's be honest, there was a reason this thread was dead. He's a WR4/5 at best, and just had a lucky big game. A WR2 doesn't go 3 straight games against the worst pass defenses in the NFL and average 2 points per game. Anyone who started him in those games are most likely not even still alive in fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngrice said:

So frustrating.  Had him in my lineup for 3 duds vs crap secondary's.  Then switch him out for AJ Brown and he has a monster game vs a good D.  All the while went up against Lamar and Andrews.  Just my luck this year.

 

The outcome was completely random vs the trend of bad games. Sure you could have speculated and had faith he would be used in the short passing game to move the chains but there was nothing trending in that direction based on recent play.

I think Gase really focused on beating the Ravens defense on a short week with plays for Crowder abd the underneath game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

 

 WR2??? Come on now...he just put up 3 monster duds in a row, all 3 against very favorable matchups. 

Now he gets one of the best defenses in the NFL, who are on a roll, with a QB and offense that dominate possession, AND on a Thursday night...

Of course he was overlooked, as he should have been. Nobody in their right mind should've started him last night. It's REAL easy to come tout him AFTER the fact, but let's be honest, there was a reason this thread was dead. He's a WR4/5 at best, and just had a lucky big game. A WR2 doesn't go 3 straight games against the worst pass defenses in the NFL and average 2 points per game. Anyone who started him in those games are most likely not even still alive in fantasy.

He's going to finish top 20, maybe top 15 in targets. He's basically 2018 Robert Woods/Jarvis Landry. All those guys put up duds. Sometimes even consecutively. 

His biggest problem is the offense overall has been incompetent at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

He was horrible the couple of weeks prior to this, and Baltimore D was a tough matchup. Lots of people probably had already dropped this dude.

FIFY. 

At this point of the fantasy playoffs, any bum who isn't going to be in your lineup is not worth rostering.  This guy was beyond awful the last couple of weeks and if he was in your lineup, he killed you.  Up against a tough Baltimore D, why would anybody have had any trust in starting this guy?  So thus the drop for me.  Oh well.  I'm guessing the only people that started him are lackadaisical owners who forgot to take him out of their starting lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.