The 7th Beatles

DeSean Jackson 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Well this throws a wrench into my plans. We know the floor here is 0 with DeSean this week with the bye coming up.

If I were in need of major upside you fire him up but if you are looking for like a safe 10 pt floor with a little upside no way you can use him unless you have inside info on his injury

Tend to agree, but if he wasn't 100% why would they put him out there with the bye next week?   Reminds me of Brees last week when people were saying there was no way he was going to play with the bye coming the next week.

• Like 1

He could be active and not see the field. Pederson has done this a few times already this season with various players coming back from injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowbound said:

Tend to agree, but if he wasn't 100% why would they put him out there with the bye next week?   Reminds me of Brees last week when people were saying there was no way he was going to play with the bye coming the next week.

Sounds about right. Might only have a few snaps but hopefully 3/100/1

45 minutes ago, njfoses said:

He could be active and not see the field. Pederson has done this a few times already this season with various players coming back from injury. 

yea scared to death to start this dude if he only gets a few snaps but would Pederson really Activate him to only play a handful of snaps before a bye week!

14 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

yea scared to death to start this dude if he only gets a few snaps but would Pederson really Activate him to only play a handful of snaps before a bye week!

Yes, as it makes the Bears have to prepare for him.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:43 AM, FitzMagic said:

I believe his injury will linger. He turned down surgery recommendation from one doctor. That tells me it was more than a mild strain. Those don't "heal" without surgery. He may fight through the season, but I doubt he is a WR1/2 ROS. More like WR3 if he can stay on the field. Good luck trusting this guy not leaving games after one play.

tenor.gif?itemid=13921002

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pretty much makes 11 droppable.  Kept hoping "the field stretcher" would cure what ails him.  Classic example of a guy being a much better NFL quarterback than a fantasy one.

48 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Pretty much makes 11 droppable.  Kept hoping "the field stretcher" would cure what ails him.  Classic example of a guy being a much better NFL quarterback than a fantasy one.

Um what?  🤨

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13921002

Hit it on the nail dude, these type of injuries can linger for 6 months never mind 6 weeks to the point where they even become mental as well as psychical. I'm one of the schmucks who held on until now for no reason evidently.

Edited by CroNY

1 minute ago, CroNY said:

Hit it on the nail dude, these type of injuries can linger for 6 months never mind 6 weeks to the point where they even become mental as well as psychical. I'm one of the schmucks who held on until now for no reason evidently.

I'm surprised you held knowing all of what you stated.  

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I'm surprised you held knowing all of what you stated.  

Stubbornness and having a good record/deep team factored into it which probably cost me a solid pickup or two it happens. With not wanting Jackson to go off on me as well in someones flex in the playoffs.

Edited by CroNY

4 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Stubbornness and having a good record/deep team factored into it which probably cost me a solid pickup or two it happens. With not wanting Jackson to go off on me as well in someones flex in the playoffs.

Yeah I can see that for sure.  You're right it does happen, especially when a player has the potential to be a game changer.

I'm with you.  Even if I don't start such a player, I'd rather he be buried on my bench than be utilized against my squad.  

Stick a fork in him for this year. I told you guys a few days ago...

After Week 2 they said he needed surgery but would try to heal without it.

A speed demon with abdominal issues? If you held onto him you may have missed out on other dudes that have broken out this year.

No thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, CharlesHustle said:

Sounds about right. Might only have a few snaps but hopefully 3/100/1

Would have had to get that all in his 4 snaps.

Yikes, what a disaster for those that have held on to him all this time.  What a joke.  He is surely droppable but some owners will likely refuse out of stubbornness at this point.

59 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Um what?  🤨

I'm not an Eagles fan obviously so don't watch their games, but from what I've seen, he makes the throws when he has to and his team is winning.  That just doesn't translate to fantasy fun.

Edited by Rather B. Winning
correction

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Um what?  🤨

1 career pass for an INT.  But you can't even slot him in at QB in fantasy, so, technically true?

Should have had the surgery from the beginning it would seem.