The 7th Beatles

DeSean Jackson 2019 Outlook

I think they have known for 3-4 weeks he will be close to ready now but they knew about the bye. He will be back ready to roll week 11, I see no reason to believe otherwise....

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

So he automatically goes back to being the #1 on the Eagles right?

Yeah, until he aggravates his injury in the first couple of minutes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sSektor said:

So he automatically goes back to being the #1 on the Eagles right?

i always thought of alshon as the wr1 and djax as the wr2.

24 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, until he aggravates his injury in the first couple of minutes.

I'll take the false hope!

yeah i picked him up and am not playing him but if he has a good day i will probably trade him...hopefully he holds up

Well that 35 points IRRC he scored week one shows what he's capable of IF he can stay healthy right?

Should get 8-10 targets a game right?

Waiver wire pick up of the year!

I mean, no other WW darling has stepped up to claim the title yet, why not DJAX?

I don't expect him to play until Week 11, just because he has the bye coming up. The Eagles are in danger right now since the path to the playoffs only looks like it will be by way of the division title. However, they are going to need Jackson for their slate of games coming up after the bye and giving him two more weeks of rest would be prudent. They should be able to beat Chicago without him.

👀

• DeSean Jackson (abdomen) said the plan is for him to play on Sunday.

D-Jax is officially listed as questionable. Alshon Jeffery and Zach Ertz each figure to benefit from less attention if D-Jax gets back on to the field this week. The Eagles' No. 1 WR has scored a touchdown or caught at least four passes for 50-plus yards in all but one of his full games this season, but he's cleared the century mark just three times over the past three and a half seasons. Backup field-stretching WR Mack Hollins has one reception since Week 4 despite playing at least 45% of the offense's snaps in every game along the way and isn't a realistic fantasy option if D-Jax remains sidelined.

Nov 1, 2019, 1:51 PM ET

•  

If you're banking on this dude, your team has big problems.

On the other hand, i hope he sits so Dallas Goedert can keep getting on the field in 2 TE sets

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

If you're banking on this dude, your team has big problems.

On the other hand, i hope he sits so Dallas Goedert can keep getting on the field in 2 TE sets

I don't understand all the skepticism for Jackson.  He's played only one game this whole season and was an absolute monster.  Now he's back.  What am I missing here?

(And yes, my team does have big problems, lol.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I don't understand all the skepticism for Jackson.  He's played only one game this whole season and was an absolute monster.  Now he's back.  What am I missing here?

He is old and oft-injured. I drafted him in 2 leagues hoping he could make it through the year unscathed, but father time struggle is real. 

Writing is/was on the wall... His ab injury needs surgery but they're "skipping it". Yeah that's not ideal in fantasy football or real life NFL

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

You’re missing the very real pattern of

1. blowup

2. start with confidence

3. 1st qtr sprained vajayjay

4. goose egg 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, snowbound said:

👀

• DeSean Jackson (abdomen) said the plan is for him to play on Sunday.

D-Jax is officially listed as questionable. Alshon Jeffery and Zach Ertz each figure to benefit from less attention if D-Jax gets back on to the field this week. The Eagles' No. 1 WR has scored a touchdown or caught at least four passes for 50-plus yards in all but one of his full games this season, but he's cleared the century mark just three times over the past three and a half seasons. Backup field-stretching WR Mack Hollins has one reception since Week 4 despite playing at least 45% of the offense's snaps in every game along the way and isn't a realistic fantasy option if D-Jax remains sidelined.

Nov 1, 2019, 1:51 PM ET

•  

Say what?  Dude only played one game this year, bogus mistake.  

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Say what?  Dude only played one game this year, bogus mistake.  

I thought the same exact thing when I read it the first time lol. I think they’re talking about Jeffery. There’s a weird Rotoworld trend lately where 90% of the blurb is oftentimes about someone else. Can be confusing and annoying if you read through it too fast.

• Thanks 1

Yep, talking about Jeffrey obviously.   I picked up Djax for free and if he does something, great.  Counting on him to carry the team?  No.

Well this throws a wrench into my plans. We know the floor here is 0 with DeSean this week with the bye coming up.

If I were in need of major upside you fire him up but if you are looking for like a safe 10 pt floor with a little upside no way you can use him unless you have inside info on his injury

• Like 2