affliction

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

That and Murray is a JAG and the offense has been pretty bad without Brees. 

JAG? Yeah okay. Lat Murray is the consumate professional. He is not scared of the Bears and in career games with 15 carries or more he averages 15 fantasy points.

I'm not uber confident in this matchup, but JAG he is not.

He was efficient last week and had a long touchdown called back. I'm heard the bears are in the bottom 10 in receptions allowed to RBs as well. If you don't have a better option roll him out there

This could indeed be a better matchup than people are assuming. While the Bears are elite run stoppers they're only middle-of-the-pack when it comes to slowing fantasy RBs. Why?

Indeed it's the passing game, as the poster above alluded to. The Bears give up the second most receptions per game (7.4) to running backs and the fourth most yards (58.6). Targets? The highest in the league at 9.8 per game.

This all makes sense, given their stifling defense and pass rush. A lot of checkdowns and screen passes are needed to deal with them. Coincidentally, Murray just had a screen pass TD called back due to penalty last week. And fortuitously, Bridgwater happens to be a more conservative QB, who won't mind checking the ball down several times a game.

Murray may get a boost in the running game with Hicks out, but it may be through the air that he does most of his damage.

Could be a sneaky game of something like 11 carries for 40 yards. 8 receptions for 60 yards with either a rushing or receiving TD.

• Like 1

I still don't know why people are overlooking this.  The Saints offense loves RB's.  He is THE RB on the team until Kamara gets back.  I watch all the Saints games and I can tell you that besides Thomas, the Saints have no one else to get the ball too besides the RB's. 

Start with confidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flare said:

This could indeed be a better matchup than people are assuming. While the Bears are elite run stoppers they're only middle-of-the-pack when it comes to slowing fantasy RBs. Why?

Indeed it's the passing game, as the poster above alluded to. The Bears give up the second most receptions per game (7.4) to running backs and the fourth most yards (58.6). Targets? The highest in the league at 9.8 per game.

This all makes sense, given their stifling defense and pass rush. A lot of checkdowns and screen passes are needed to deal with them. Coincidentally, Murray just had a screen pass TD called back due to penalty last week. And fortuitously, Bridgwater happens to be a more conservative QB, who won't mind checking the ball down several times a game.

Murray may get a boost in the running game with Hicks out, but it may be through the air that he does most of his damage.

Could be a sneaky game of something like 11 carries for 40 yards. 8 receptions for 60 yards with either a rushing or receiving TD.

You are right that Murray is going to have to get his production through the air.  People assume just because Hicks is out/on the IR, that they still aren't great against the run. They are, as Jacobs is the only RB to have done anything noteworthy against them all season on the ground.

Murray is a good enough pass catcher to be able to produce good enough there, although I still don't think he's an automatic start unless you have no other solid options because there's no guarantee he does anything on the ground.

I agree Murray is a strong volume play today.. He should get carries and be plenty involved in passing game (TreQuann Smith and Cook out also). 

I doubt they deploy Murray identical to how they would kamara, but still no reason he doesnt see  15+ Rush attempts and 5-6 passes (considering cook out also).. with an easy 20+ touches, he should be a very strong flex especially in PPR. Floor could be in the 8-10 range (15 rushes 40 yards / 4 catches 20 yards) and the ceiling could be pretty high too if he finds the endzone or breaks one off..

• Like 1

Solid RB1 this week

This post should age well.

Edited by nonstopfan

I’m starting Breida over him so you’re welcome entire forum. My bench point prowess is unmatched. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks great against the Bears vaunted defense.  Not sure about Kamara's outlook next week, but anyone behind this this Oline would be great.

21 minutes ago, mjb said:

Looks great against the Bears vaunted defense.  Not sure about Kamara's outlook next week, but anyone behind this this Oline would be great.

Wow, how about my boy Lat Murray, 114/2TD's..😀

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, austin316 said:

JAG? Yeah okay. Lat Murray is the consumate professional. He is not scared of the Bears and in career games with 15 carries or more he averages 15 fantasy points.

I'm not uber confident in this matchup, but JAG he is not.

He was efficient last week and had a long touchdown called back. I'm heard the bears are in the bottom 10 in receptions allowed to RBs as well. If you don't have a better option roll him out there

JAG my a**

• Like 2

Nice!!!!!

Hopefully their record leads them to sit Kamara next week and rest up through the bye, though I’m not sure how much that really sways coaches’ decisions. If Kamara is ready to go, he probably plays.

As an owner of both Kamara and Murray, this was obviously great for this week, and I hope they sit Alvin through the bye.

However, I’m wondering if this performance turned it into more of a timeshare once Kamara is back... could be a bit more of a headache after the bye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

Yes!  Just to let you know my ego isn’t as inflated as it should be because I sat Aaron Rogers for Kyler Murray this week. But I totally called this one😉

Yeah, I sat Waller, MVS, and J Allen..🤮Hoping the ride continues as the Saints appear to be a complete team and NFC favorites.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As an owner of both Kamara and Murray, this was obviously great for this week, and I hope they sit Alvin through the bye.

However, I’m wondering if this performance turned it into more of a timeshare once Kamara is back... could be a bit more of a headache after the bye.

Yup, I think Latavius just carved out an Ingram-lite role when Kamara gets back.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Could turn into AK/Ingram2..

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Might be a good idea. This is the first year that Kamara has had the bellcow role and it obviously didn’t do his body good. Sean Payton has proven that his offense is able to support two backs before 

2 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Kamara wally pipped

Im not sure if you know what that means...

• Haha 4

Just now, Evincar said:

Im not sure if you know what that means...

When the starter gets hurt and outperformed by the backup?