affliction

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook

Ksnara was Limited. It's Wednesday, yes, so we still need to to see Thursday & Friday, BUT last week he was limited all week and did not play, iirc? 

Edited by Mikeyvegas

Smith and Cook also returned to practice today and were listed as full goes. K was the only one limited of the three. It might mean something, not sure what just yet. Monitor ROW and fire up LM regardless. Plenty of opportunity for both against the Atlanta D.

25 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Ksnara was Limited. It's Wednesday, yes, so we still need to to see Thursday & Friday, BUT last week he was limited all week and did not play, iirc? 

That would be a dream come true , but I feel like AK will play . 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

That would be a dream come true , but I feel like AK will play . 

Even if he does play it's unlikely they are going to run him into the ground coming off an injury and with an eye on the playoffs they need him healthy. LM will get his this week.

• Like 1

Interested to watch Murray's usage this week.  I also have Ingram, who looks to be capped at around 15 touches a week.  If Murray is gonna start getting that, I like hi as a better start rest of way.

Edited by Bastardo!

I dont think Murray needs Kamara to get hurt to have value. Obviously it helps but nothing to monitor.  The Saints have shown since Payton has been there he is going to use multiple backs. They both can eat. You got Thomas,  Ginn every 5 games, Smith every 6, Brees, Kamara and Murray.

I feel comfortable going forward Murray will see something similar to the workload share Ingram had with Kamara in the past:

Alvin Kamara said he's comfortable sharing the load with Latavius Murray.

Murray had been operating as a scarcely-used change-of-pace early in the year, but he earned a bigger piece of New Orleans' backfield pie by dominating during Kamara's two-game absence (307 yards from scrimmage, four touchdowns). However the Saints decide to divvy up their carries, Kamara will be on board with it. "I don't need the ball every play," said Kamara, who resumed practicing in full this week following a high-ankle sprain that shelved him in Weeks 7 and 8 (the Saints were on bye last week). "[Murray's] fully capable, too. So I think we'll get a good balance going and it will be hard to stop." Coach Sean Payton also implied a timeshare, noting the team will be "smart" with Kamara's usage. Even with Murray cutting into his workload, Kamara remains a worthy RB1 for Sunday's home matchup against the dismal Falcons.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

There are crazier flex plays than Murray this week.

I think he’s a great start this week. As noted above, Payton/Brees system supports 2 backs. When Brees was out they leaned on Alvin out of necessity but now with the full squad I expect they’ll get back to the 2 back system. Saints 13 point favorites in a game with an O/U of 51 supports a very favorable expected game script.

I think if you have both, you start both pending much more obvious options. One or the other is going to eat, but I’m not sure which one. And it’s possible they both do, esp considering the opponent. 

Just now, nromn said:

I think if you have both, you start both pending much more obvious options. One or the other is going to eat, but I’m not sure which one. And it’s possible they both do, esp considering the opponent. 

My money is on Kamara definitely eating, and it isn't even a question. 

16 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone here playing him that doesn't own Kamara? That's my situation so not sure what to do.

Of course. It took him time to get adjusted to the Saints' scheme. He was getting heavy usage the week before Kamara missed a game. It was only a matter of time. He is going to be an effective RB2-3 even with a healthy Kamara. The Saints funnel everything through their RB's and Thomas. They don't involve their TE or other WR's much.

Without a TD, I think he’s good for at least 10 PPR points.  40-50 yards rushing, 2-3 catches and whatever yards come with that.  

Factor in that he has a decent chance for a TD and he’s a solid start imo.

Ouch.   Not a good floor for Lat.  Shocking performance by ATL.  Coming  off of a bye, did not expect this.

Hopefully that doesn't happen again to the Saints offense. That was bad all around.

4 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Drop City?

Unless there's a hot WW prospect, I wouldn't drop Murray yet since we saw what he can do when Kamara is out.  However, our dreams of playing Murray as an every-week flex might not be there yet.  Need to see how the Saints do next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZappB said:

Unless there's a hot WW prospect, I wouldn't drop Murray yet since we saw what he can do when Kamara is out.  However, our dreams of playing Murray as an every-week flex might not be there yet.  Need to see how the Saints do next week.

Yeah, i hold him as an insurance for Mr. Kamara.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:45 AM, Members_Only_76 said:

I feel comfortable going forward Murray will see something similar to the workload share Ingram had with Kamara in the past:

Alvin Kamara said he's comfortable sharing the load with Latavius Murray.

Murray had been operating as a scarcely-used change-of-pace early in the year, but he earned a bigger piece of New Orleans' backfield pie by dominating during Kamara's two-game absence (307 yards from scrimmage, four touchdowns). However the Saints decide to divvy up their carries, Kamara will be on board with it. "I don't need the ball every play," said Kamara, who resumed practicing in full this week following a high-ankle sprain that shelved him in Weeks 7 and 8 (the Saints were on bye last week). "[Murray's] fully capable, too. So I think we'll get a good balance going and it will be hard to stop." Coach Sean Payton also implied a timeshare, noting the team will be "smart" with Kamara's usage. Even with Murray cutting into his workload, Kamara remains a worthy RB1 for Sunday's home matchup against the dismal Falcons.

With this news anyone thinking about starting them both?