affliction

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

With this news anyone thinking about starting them both?

Did that last week and it did not work out. Need to see if pay off on my bench a couple times before falling for that again. 

• Thanks 1

The snap counts went back to weeks 1-6 levels.  He was barely on the field last week.  Saints were in catch up mode.  This week they play the Bucs who have been very stingy against the run.  Not a good spot for Lat this week

I wouldn’t fault anyone for dropping Murray. He gave us those two glorious weeks, but if Kamara stays healthy are you really going to flex Murray during Week 14-16? The Saints aren’t likely to blow out anyone remaining on the schedule, except Atlanta.

39 minutes ago, Swinger said:

The snap counts went back to weeks 1-6 levels.  He was barely on the field last week.  Saints were in catch up mode.  This week they play the Bucs who have been very stingy against the run.  Not a good spot for Lat this week

Last week was just a weird week for the saints in general, atl offense dominated TOP and their defense kept stalling the saints offense. They got ahead and Kamars is the better catching back

I see the Saints bouncing back in a huge way and be ahead giving murrary much more run. If not you still hold.

37 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I wouldn’t fault anyone for dropping Murray. He gave us those two glorious weeks, but if Kamara stays healthy are you really going to flex Murray during Week 14-16? The Saints aren’t likely to blow out anyone remaining on the schedule, except Atlanta.

Well at the very least he’s an elite handcuff. If people refuse to drop Mattison I don’t know why Murray would get dropped

• Like 2

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Well at the very least he’s an elite handcuff. If people refuse to drop Mattison I don’t know why Murray would get dropped

I think the difference is the expectation level for Murray got a bit out of hand.  Cook hasn't been hurt and Mattison has a decent role with him healthy. TD dependent but decent nonetheless. 

19 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Dropping lat Murray is insane, yes, the snap count was severely low last week, I don't think he is startable until further notice, but definitely not a drop

I agree. He's a top 3 handcuff. We don't wanna be that guy that drops him right before the playoffs and Kamara reinjures himself. And someone else picks up Murray. Your gonna remember that moment for a long time lol.

I still see no reason Murray can't fill that Ingram role especially after the Kamara injury. We're talking one aberration against the Falcons scaring everyone...

Still holding because we know what he can do in case Kamara ever goes down. Also if they clinch a first round bye there’s a chance Kamara doesn’t play their final game and it’s all Murray 

Last time I looked Saints are a 9.5 point home favorite. Lat could see some nice run this week against a bad run D. 10-12 touches with a few shots at hitting pay dirt would be nice.

• Like 2

Gut feeling he has a solid game this week. Something like 4 receptions, 70 total yds and a TD.

4 minutes ago, KB_IV said:

Last time I looked Saints are a 9.5 point home favorite. Lat could see some nice run this week against a bad run D. 10-12 touches with a few shots at hitting pay dirt would be nice.

Sounds right.

2 hours ago, BookersB said:

Anyone have confidence to start him this week? I may have to. 

Don't you do it booker b 

• Like 1

Completely unknown situation here. The coach has not said anything about RB use. Deep leagues you may have to start him because it's likely you have no choice. Std 12 team leagues, just depends on game script and how much NOs wants to save K for ROS/Playoffs. Last game against ATL was freaky with NOs offense completely shut down. LM had under 2 points.

The question is this ... is ATL D more likely or not to shut down the NO offense again. I'm checking my crystal ball and looking  ... oh, wait can't predict the future.

Roto site (https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/latavius-murray-comes-with-risk-against-atlanta/695776) says low end flex at best .... but they can't predict the future either.

Since we have nothing from the team in terms of RB use, he's a a complete unknown this week. Could be a stud, or a dud. Flip a coin, 50/50 shot at beast or bust.