affliction

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Well that's not exactly noteworthy since Mixon stinks, is in a stinky offense, and has a decreasing usage trend going, and a bad matchup.

Some of us are left with crappy options, so I'm throwing that out there to show what some of us are thinking.  In a vacuum I wouldn't say Murray is a good play this week either.

8 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Some of us are left with crappy options, so I'm throwing that out there to show what some of us are thinking.  In a vacuum I wouldn't say Murray is a good play this week either.

I hear you. I have a hard time staring Latavius over Breida even with the potential share just because of how bad the matchup is but I’m tempted. 

• Like 3

Let’s not be so shortsighted here fellas. Latavius is a low end RB2/flex this week but it’s logical to assume AK is held out next week as well. 

So....let’s get excited about a home game vs ARI next week. Prob a bench for me this week. 

• Thanks 1

This is shaping up to be the 2nd time I’ve ever started Latavius Murray. The first time was last year when he got the start for the Vikings against the Bills and got like 1 point in a game the Vikings were favored by ~24...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DValentine said:

Is he a good running back? 

He’s pretty good at falling forwards and holding onto the football. Maybe he’ll fall forwards for a touchdown. This is a desperation volume play for those of us with a horrible combination of bye weeks and injuries. I’ve started worse guys in this situation.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DValentine said:

17 hours ago, TheFire said:

Perfect bye week filler for CMC and Conner owners. Fire him up!

17 hours ago, gufomel said:

This is shaping up to be the 2nd time I’ve ever started Latavius Murray. The first time was last year when he got the start for the Vikings against the Bills and got like 1 point in a game the Vikings were favored by ~24...

16 hours ago, Sabo1974 said:

Hoping for at least 60 rushing with 1 TD and 30 receiving

15 hours ago, eg4190 said:

He’s pretty good at falling forwards and holding onto the football. Maybe he’ll fall forwards for a touchdown. This is a desperation volume play for those of us with a horrible combination of bye weeks and injuries. I’ve started worse guys in this situation.

I’m fully expecting a game like he had last year October 14th where he went 155 and a td in relief of an injured cook. In 2017 in games he started he was a top 10 guy in 7 out of 13 games. My guess is that is a better consistency rate than all but 5 or 6 guys that year. Last year he was a top 10 guy in about half the games he started ( until cook came back. ). Bears run d is vulnerable, as we saw in the raiders game, and they are missing their top run stuffer 

2 hours ago, ArtistPain said:

I’m fully expecting a game like he had last year October 14th where he went 155 and a td in relief of an injured cook. In 2017 in games he started he was a top 10 guy in 7 out of 13 games. My guess is that is a better consistency rate than all but 5 or 6 guys that year. Last year he was a top 10 guy in about half the games he started ( until cook came back. ). Bears run d is vulnerable, as we saw in the raiders game, and they are missing their top run stuffer 

You’re fully expecting a 155yd/TD type game from Murray against Chicago, in Chicago? I’m a Saints fan, and I don’t expect anything close to that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[...] If it weren't for the Bears I'd be confident firing him up. But I saw the Bears shut down Cooks without Hicks. Then the week after they get punched in the mouth by Jacobs without Hicks. I kinda think the Bears defense want to prove that game against Oakland was a fluke so I'm leaning towards sit.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

Kamara/Murray owner and I just can't see starting him with confidence, hope maybe, but not confidence against Chicago. Now next week against Zona, full steam ahead. As a baseline, I'm sitting him behind Woods/Fuller in PPR.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DValentine said:

Good No, serviceable low end RB2. This game should be a defensive struggle.

FWIW: 1 player has had over 54 yards rushing this YEAR vs the Bears (Jacobs in London).

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

FWIW: 1 player has had over 54 yards rushing this YEAR vs the Bears (Jacobs in London).

That and Murray is a JAG and the offense has been pretty bad without Brees. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mjb said:

So far on the year, Chicago has allowed the 9th fewest yards, hence your stat about the yards, but has given up the 10th MOST touchdowns, the 2nd MOST receptions to rbs and the 7 th most receiving yards to rbs. Because a huge part of saints game is their screens, I’m not worried 

https://www.footballdb.com/fantasy-football/points-allowed.html?pos=RB

• Thanks 1

Hicks is a monster and definitely a top 3 run-stuffing DT in the NFL, but even without him, the Bears are still borderline elite against the run.  But it’s still very possible that Latavius will score a touchdown.  Low-end RB2 and a decent enough bye week fill-in.

Also don’t forget that Bilal Nichols is returning this week.  DT with a ton of upside - I don’t think he’s on the radar outside of Chicago.  Not having both him and Hicks vs the Raiders O-Line led to quite a few interior Jacobs runs of the 7-8 yard variety.  

It's great and fun to root and pray for a TD but guys in this thread "expecting" a td and bunch of yards from Murray are bonkers.

Bears even without Hicks at home are staunch against the run. 

Game has a 37 total and Saints with an implied team total of 17.5.

Personally I'll just hold Murray and hope that he gets the start next week at home vs ARI. If he goes off somehow this week all the better. But you're most likely gonna need a whole bunch of screen passes and him breaking one for a more than pedestrian fantasy game. 

All that said I'm tossing Breida in over him and praying for a long td haha.

• Like 1

Barring injury he’s as good of a lock for 20 touches as you can get. Bears are tough, but he still has a pretty safe floor. 

7 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Kamara/Murray owner and I just can't see starting him with confidence, hope maybe, but not confidence against Chicago. Now next week against Zona, full steam ahead. As a baseline, I'm sitting him behind Woods/Fuller in PPR.

You're sitting him for Woods?  The same Woods who didn’t catch a pass last week and is the 3rd wide receiver on the team at best? 

OK lol.

• Like 1

Starting with semi confidence. 

The snaps he's come in for Kamara this year actually looked pretty decent. He would have had a TD last week if it wasn't called back. 

The only way he's getting a rushing TD is if there is a pass interference in the endzone. A receiving TD I could see happening with the heavy coverage incoming on Thomas. 

17/70/0

6/50/1

Edited by Juke