joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

As a Browns fan I’ve seen more than enough of Freddie to know he isn’t the answer. He got the job because of Baker. The franchise is deeply invested in not hurting his development. They should’ve thought of that when they dealt Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. They’re getting killed at the line and Freddie is still calling long developing pass plays. The game plan every week should be similar to last week when Chubb ran for 160 and Baker still had over 300 yards passing. For fantasy Baker is a matchup play at best right now with a chance to finish strong over the last half of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, NyZD said:

That wasn't meant to disparage Andy Dalton more of the fact that he's in a terrible situation and manages to look watchable Mayfield on the other hand Is a horror show.. really more of a frustration of a #1 overall pick wrecking an entire offense.

oh, I know 

"manages to look watchable"

well, not all the time lol

I would have both the Butcher and the Candlestick maker ahead of this a$$clown on the depth chart after tonight's performance.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Why is there even a discussion on this guy? He shouldn’t even be rostered in 14 team leagues. He is nothing more than a big name. You are better off with nearly any of the starting QBs. If you have not already, you can safely drop him.

People are discussing him because he is absolutely killing the value of a generational receiver in Beckham among other reasons . . . .  Not because they're starting him or afraid of dropping him. . . And because this is a thread and you discuss things or so I thought.

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2019 at 12:56 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

He's 1 beer away from becoming Manziel 2.0

Called it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He cost me a win tonight.  He's so bad in my 2 QB league (Mahomes/Mayfield) that I have to seriously consider picking up whomever is throwing the ball for either the Steelers or the Redskins so that I don't have to start Baker against the Seahawks, my backup Carr is on a bye.  These are hard times folks.

PD

3 hours ago, DoYourJob said:

dropped this bum for Daniel Jones 2 weeks ago. Jones hasn't been great but he's sure not this bad😂

Never drafting a quarterback high ever again.

Out of curiosity, how "high" did you take Baker?

4 minutes ago, devilfish said:

Is he worth to stay because of the teams he faces beginning of week12?

Absolutely not. Maybe pick him up a week or two before miami if he is showing signs of life and are desperate for a stream. He is a waste of space right now

Slow and short on a below average team. I never understood why they drafted Mayfield or why he was considered an appealing fantasy QB. 

I fail to understand how such a below average dumpster fire QB has so many commercials. I just don’t get it. 

• Like 1

Nick Bosa went in for the kill on him after the game. Baker talks a heap ton of trash, this was a long time coming

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mayfield is not getting any protection.  He moves in the pocket well, and still got smashed down hard today.  Honestly he is going to lose confidence , and how could you not.  he is in a hopeless situation, the team is solid all around EXCEPT for the O-line.  He will be lucky to last the season in good health.

37 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Mayfield is not getting any protection.  He moves in the pocket well, and still got smashed down hard today.  Honestly he is going to lose confidence , and how could you not.  he is in a hopeless situation, the team is solid all around EXCEPT for the O-line.  He will be lucky to last the season in good health.

No, just no.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

spacer.png

Always that one noob that necros posts after a particular game to fit their narrative.

Hes top 5 ROS. If u guys lost because of baker. You have problems on ur team. Started him and won by 20!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Hes top 5 ROS. If u guys lost because of baker. You have problems on ur team. Started him and won by 20!

Started him and won by 80. He's still garbage fantasy-wise. 

5 hours ago, MikeSRT8 said:

Out of curiosity, how "high" did you take Baker?

5th round, after Mahomes, Watson, and Matty Ice went off the board. I was pretty high on this kid and his development but it's pretty clear that he's hot garbage.

• Haha 2