joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

Just watched the clip of the interview where he walked out on the reporters, and then his follow-up on Twitter.

Probably an unpopular, maybe even ill-advised, opinion... but I think he's about to go off ROS. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Just watched the clip of the interview where he walked out on the reporters, and then his follow-up on Twitter.

Probably an unpopular, maybe even ill-advised, opinion... but I think he's about to go off ROS. 

t. Hype beast

He has been a bust most of the year, but he will be great starting week 12 against Miami. If you look at his previous match ups, he has his best games against poor defense (well obviously). The problem is that he has been facing mostly tough defenses and hasn't prevailed as people thought he could. Don't worry though, he will come through for us later this season.  

Sometimes you just gotta lock in on your best receiver and let the chips fall where they will fall. If he did that on that play they would be 3-5 right now as opposed to 2-6 because OBJ burnt the crap out of the corner on that 4th Down play!

Some teams get it. Teddy B leaned on Michael Thomas heavily. The Panthers lean on CM heavily. Why on earth would you not lean on OBJ? I don't understand it and it is costing them games and ultimately this entire season!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:19 AM, 904kc said:

He has been a bust most of the year, but he will be great starting week 12 against Miami. If you look at his previous match ups, he has his best games against poor defense (well obviously). The problem is that he has been facing mostly tough defenses and hasn't prevailed as people thought he could. Don't worry though, he will come through for us later this season.  

lol.. who in the right mind would keep starting him? yeah you can RISK losing .. it's worth it.. heck, Brandon Allen looked better than this guy.

overrated guy.. deserves it.. hope he takes time off to self-reflect.

Sorry Browns fans.. tank for Tua?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

Sometimes you just gotta lock in on your best receiver and let the chips fall where they will fall. If he did that on that play they would be 3-5 right now as opposed to 2-6 because OBJ burnt the crap out of the corner on that 4th Down play

Yeah but Mayfield would've missed him, because he's not good. 

2 hours ago, maxim730 said:

lol.. who in the right mind would keep starting him? yeah you can RISK losing .. it's worth it.. heck, Brandon Allen looked better than this guy.

overrated guy.. deserves it.. hope he takes time off to self-reflect.

Sorry Browns fans.. tank for Tua?

I haven't been starting him lol he's on reserve until later this season.  

Since the fluke INT against NE, Baker Mayfield's statline:

71/106 (67%), 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 97.6 QBR

He's done this against NE (2), BUF (3), and Denver (4). He has PIT (12) 2 of the next 3 weeks, but MIA (19) is in between. And the playoff schedule is sweet with CIN (22), AZ (31), and BAL (20). 4 of his last 6 fantasy matchups are at home, with the away games being in PIT where you shouldn't be starting him and in CIN which is basically a home game (ask Lamar). 

This is as buy low as it gets. He's showing signs of life and the weapons are still there (Njoku will be back). Probably have 1 more week until everyone eyes that MIA matchup. 

Edited by MKO3090

1 hour ago, MKO3090 said:

Since the fluke INT against NE, Baker Mayfield's statline:

71/106 (67%), 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 97.6 QBR

He's done this against NE (2), BUF (3), and Denver (4). He has PIT (12) 2 of the next 3 weeks, but MIA (19) is in between. And the playoff schedule is sweet with CIN (22), AZ (31), and BAL (20). 4 of his last 6 fantasy matchups are at home, with the away games being in PIT where you shouldn't be starting him and in CIN which is basically a home game (ask Lamar). 

This is as buy low as it gets. He's showing signs of life and the weapons are still there (Njoku will be back). Probably have 1 more week until everyone eyes that MIA matchup. 

That’s still only like 15ppg. Can’t trust him, won’t trust him. Baker hater for life.

Very quiet thread but feeling like Baker might be my streamer for the first two weeks of playoffs as it doesn't get much better than the Bungals at home and Cardinals in sunny Arizona.  

He's playing pretty well....really doing a better job spreading the ball around and think Hunt has added a nice dimension to the offense that's also helped Baker out.

I won't be touching him Week 16 if I make it that far though :)

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 1:49 PM, 904kc said:

Plan is falling in place. Will start weeks 14-15 with confidence 😎

On 11/28/2019 at 11:01 AM, Vivens26 said:

Who’s starting him this week? 

I nearly had to, but got very lucky - hopefully - that somebody dropped Darnold. There's a chance that he storms Hines Field a la Oklahoma/Ohio State, but rather more of a chance that that Steelers D get to him and rack up some turnovers. I wouldn't despair if you started him, but I'd be trying pretty damn hard to find a safer option.

19 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

Anybody trust this guy in the playoffs?

yessir, as long as he's not injured too bad.