joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

Yea I don’t 

2 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

week 15...arizona....

Yea I don’t trust him next week vs CIN but I’ll roll with him in Arizona if I make it that far. 

On 12/12/2019 at 7:15 AM, webster slaughter said:

Seems like a safer play than Winston this week at ARI

I’m in the same boat, and I’m rolling with Baker over Jameis. I can’t risk my fantasy playoff matchup on a turnover prone QB with a fracture in his throwing hand missing his top WR in what should be a blowout. 

as I type this I realize Mayfield is also a turnover prone QB with an injured WR1. But at least his throwing hand isn’t injured, he has pass catching rbs, and the game should be competitive.

Ok, talked myself back into Baker.  

Surprised no one is talking about the bad blood with he and the Cards coach dating back to Tech days

This really feels like a smash spot . Only possible concern would be the recent poor play of Arz offense of late

Edited by malta69

Smash spot yes, do I trust him no. BUT probably rolling with him for a chance in the finals.

1 hour ago, malta69 said:

Surprised no one is talking about the bad blood with he and the Cards coach dating back to Tech days

This really feels like a smash spot . Only possible concern would be the recent poor play of Arz offense of late

... not to mention a battle of the last two winners of the little known trophy doled out by the Downtown Athletic Club 🗣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gravy said:

FWIW im rolling with Lock over Baker in a must win

Ugh💀

Rolling with Tanny over Baker...

Tanny has been too good, and Baker has been too inconsistent (even against + matchups)

he crushed it a few weeks ago in a similar SMASH sitch vs the Dolphins, going 327/3/1 - high pernt of the season. 

... but wtf last week vs dër Büngles?  192/0/2??!1!?1!?

😳

meh, maybe we chalk it up to a divisional tilt, which featured a defense TD for the Brownies, and some great running from Chubbola/Khunt 🤷‍♂️

his last two outings since the Miami explosion: 29/56/388/1/3 (@Stillers/vs dër Büngles) ... hell, those numbers are like half of a game for Crabby down in Tampa 🤠

'zona is putrid vs the forward pass ... but this is so risky - upshot is that i believe Kyler can do enuff to keep it somewhat competitive and not just a cue in the rack blowout. 

tough call, polarizing cat. 

For those of you on the fence ....when is the last time we saw Baker play in one of the highest projected total games of the week?? 

I get the body of work to date, But this one has all the makings of a back and forth shootout. 

He’s a borderline top 10 option this week IMO , with the potential to be a week winner based on game flow 

Edited by malta69