joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Replying to @Andy_Benoit @SarahSpain

Willing to bet (could be wrong) that his is likely not an audible

1) the signal is part of dummy cadence to get em to jump

2) he didn’t audible in 2 seconds

3) the OL communication is likely bc he send them to the Will LB and not the Mike

4) the TE never moved during comm

I'll take it from, Dan.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

Baked Mayfield couldn't beat out Tyrod Taylor in camp.

I agree, but it's an odd stance to take when trying to support Baker.  B)

TyGOD > Baker.  Don't @ me

55 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I agree, but it's an odd stance to take when trying to support Baker.  B)

TyGOD > Baker.  Don't @ me

Exposed! 

On 9/17/2019 at 12:56 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

He's 1 beer away from becoming Manziel 2.0

On 9/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, bomont said:

Spoken like a teenager

Mayfield will be fine IF he stops obsessing on Beckham. He has a great possession WR in Landry and a not great but capable TE in Njoku that he should look to more.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

Denial is not just a river in egypt

On 9/17/2019 at 1:10 AM, kdko said:

Both unfunny, and wrong.  0/10

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

dropped this bum for Daniel Jones 2 weeks ago. Jones hasn't been great but he's sure not this bad😂

Never drafting a quarterback high ever again.

Dalton's putting up better fantasy stats with a much worse offensive line and no AJ Green. What's Baker's excuse? Nothing.

• Like 4

I cannot believe I ever fell for this guy's hype train. And to have drafted him one pick before Lamar Jackson went off the board will truly haunt me throughout my fantasy career.

• Like 2

Have to say it's still just Week 5 but if this continues wow I was wrong on him and the Browns in general. Very surprising and odd when you think how promising they looked last year. 

12 minutes ago, bomont said:

Have to say it's still just Week 5 but if this continues wow I was wrong on him and the Browns in general. Very surprising and odd when you think how promising they looked last year. 

No they didn't look that promising. People just bought into massive hype stirred up by the media. Last year he had a losing record and over a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. His QBR was also average at best and quarterback rating was below average.

So again, how was he really promising last year? He looked mediocre at best. He looked erratic with moments of brilliance. The media threw out all the bad and ran with the good and here we are.

Edited by Gohawks

Just now, Gohawks said:

No they didn't. People just bought into massive hype stirred up by the media. Last year he had a losing record and over a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. His QBR was also average at best and quarterback rating was below average.

So again, how was he really promising last year? He looked mediocre at best. He looked erratic with moments of brilliance. The media threw out all the bad and ran with the good and here we are.

agreed, but let's avoid using QBR as a real stat to reference a player's ability. It's a meme stat by espn

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

No they didn't look that promising. People just bought into massive hype stirred up by the media. Last year he had a losing record and over a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. His QBR was also average at best and quarterback rating was below average.

I think this a sound perspective I don't care much for QBR as an end all be all stat.. But honestly just watching him trying to read progressions is down right pathetic he stares every one down and can't process multiple reads at all ... He looks like a less athletic Mitchell Trubisky 😂

12 minutes ago, Chippa said:

agreed, but let's avoid using QBR as a real stat to reference a player's ability. It's a meme stat by espn

As a stand alone stat is is pretty bad. However, when all the other stats indicate he was mediocre including QBR you can conclude he was mediocre. I just threw it in there as another point of reference to his mediocrity. I also find it funny how ESPN was drooling over him when their own data showed he is mediocre.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

As a stand alone stat is is pretty bad. However, when all the other stats indicate he was mediocre including QBR you can conclude he was mediocre. I just threw it in there as another point of reference to his mediocrity. I also find it funny how ESPN was drooling over him when their own data showed he is mediocre.

if he's popular, he'll get good press. Stafford is a guy that is better than a lot of these QB's that get hyped by the media, but he always gets brushed to the waist side. 

1 hour ago, Nate1213 said:

Mid-game hot take, but he is entering drop territory...if he wasn't already. 

I dropped him 2 weeks ago in a 12 man league for Minshew 

Whole lotta stupid coming out of the woodwork tonight I see. Set rookie record for TD passes in 13 games. OL now totally sucks. Play calling sucks. Called a draw on 4th & 9. When your OL blows, you have to call plays to get the ball out of his hands quick. Brought in a terdlet by the name of Monken who has sucked everywhere he has been to be the OC. Traded their best OL away. Great move there.

• Haha 2

Unless you’re in a 2QB league tie a cinder block to this guys ankle and cut him loose