Sign in to follow this  
Bastardo!

Chris Herndon 2019 Outlook

21 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

No way would I start Herndon this week.  Hollister for sure.

Ed dickson is back for the hawks, now they have like 3 TE they will play.  Hollister not looking good imo

18 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Hate to say it but I think that there is an ever stronger possibility that this season is lost for Herndon and fantasy folks. 

Why is it stronger now Gase has said it's looking like he plays Sunday?

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

This guy? 

spacer.png

Okay...

• Haha 1

I've lost hope for this guy this season. I don't see Griffin completely going to the bench. I think this will be a 50/50 split. Herndon is the better talent, but Griffin has been solid in Herndon's absence. Hes earned snaps going forward 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

This guy? 

spacer.png

Okay...

Awesome hire by the Jets.  I'm an idiot, and I have no doubt I could run a franchise better than the morons who run the New York Jets.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Awesome hire by the Jets.  I'm an idiot, and I have no doubt I could run a franchise better than the morons who run the New York Jets.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

giphy.gif

LOL!  My response would have been then why are you here?  Too funny though.

Trying to hold on:

(dynastyleaguefootball) Following Thursday's practice Chris Herndon says he feels "great" and is very close to making his 2019 debut

Analysis: The Jets need all the help they can get though fill-in tight end Ryan Griffin has performed well in recent weeks, adding another receiving dimension to a team badly needing it. Herndon suffered a hamstring pull upon his return from his four game suspension. Head coach Adam Gase has yet to determine when Herndon will return to the field but all signs point to this week vs. the Giants. The 23 year old was widely expected to be a dynamic receiving threat in 2019 prior to his suspension and subsequent injury and there's still time to show well for the future with the games that remain but the time is now for Herndon to get on the field and get his game-conditioning back. Chris Herndon is DLF's TE15 and makes for a low-value upside acquisition from coaches frustrated with his 2019 status.

(Article Link)  

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

LOL!  My response would have been then why are you here?  Too funny though.

Trying to hold on:

(dynastyleaguefootball) Following Thursday's practice Chris Herndon says he feels "great" and is very close to making his 2019 debut

I hate the way that's worded.  "Very close".   I'm pretty sure that's what was said the last few weeks.

Oct. 30 - Herndon got in a round of limited practices last week ahead of a missed game against the Jaguars, but he should be knocking down the door to make his season debut. We'd be surprised if it didn't happen this Sunday in Miami where Herndon would be a top-12 TE1 play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I have literally 0% trust in what comes out of Gase's mouth and 0% trust that he can piece together a functioning football squad. 

49 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I hate the way that's worded.  "Very close".   I'm pretty sure that's what was said the last few weeks.

very close on the calendar is how I took it...

• Haha 1

IIRC, they called this a grade 1 sprain back when it happened.   With the thought he might play that upcoming weekend. 

Just now, LongBalls said:

Sigh.  Couldn't hang on with Engram being injured.  I had to let him go and pick up sure production.  Couldn't risk a for sure goose egg.

5 minutes ago, nromn said:

Anyone watch this game that can give some insight? Limited workload?

The Yahoo blurb said he got some run early but missed some assignments and didn’t get much work in the 2nd half.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t watch but there was this:

2nd‑4:36 NYJ19 3rd and 8 (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Darnold pass deep right to C.Herndon to NYJ 49 for 30 yards (A.Ogletree). PENALTY on NYJ-A.Lewis, Offensive Holding, 9 yards, enforced at NYJ 19 - No Play.

I watched the Game.  Like one stated, he was playing early, missed 2 blitz pickups.  After that he played sparingly.  He did come in on every 3rd down though.  He made a nice 49 yard catch on a wheel route up the sideline.  Called back for holding.  S. Darnold was under pressure seemed like every pass play.  Jets couldn't block anybody.  Herndon also made a nice cut on the defender on about a 18 yard out to get open near the sideline for a 1st down and Darnold badly over threw him, albeit under a little pressure.  One thing I did notice also.  They were like on the 6 yard line to score on a 3rd and goal.  I saw Herndon lineup on the right TE spot.  Darnold was in Shotgun.  Once the ball was snapped Darnold was Looking at Herndon the whole way.  As soon as Herndon made his cut in front of defender to get open.  A Giants player rushed right up the middle untouched and made Darnold throw it away out to prevent sack.  So their were oppurtunities.  Just a case of bad luck.  [...]  One thing I did notice about Herndon though, is when he was in on a play, he wasn't hard to find when they lined up.  He just looked bigger than everyone else and he was quick off the ball and showed nice speed and athleticism.  Just wanted to point out some positives and some insight on what I saw if your trying to decide what to do with him, while I was probably one the few actually watching this game, lol.  Probably like the rest of you guys. I just don't know what to do going forward.  I only have room for 1 TE on my team...Good Luck ROS. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1