Sign in to follow this  
Bastardo!

Chris Herndon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

It’s looking less likely that Darnold is back.  It’s Wednesday and he’s still not cleared for contact.  They’re sending him for more imaging tests today I think.  

 

The Jets offense in week 1 was ok imo.  You have to consider they were playing Buffalo who just handed Brady a pretty bad fantasy day.  The Jets schedule in November is great.

 

I don’t think Herndon “will solve” the TE spot for you, but he’s likely has the highest TE upside on the waiver wire.  

 

 

Huh?

 

Edited by josheggers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Huh?

 

 

I’m a day ahead of myself. 🤣

 

Point being if Darnold isn’t cleared by Wednesday it’s less likely he will be playing vs the Eagles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

 

I’m a day ahead of myself. 🤣

 

Point being if Darnold isn’t cleared by Wednesday it’s less likely he will be playing vs the Eagles. 

Yeah and he honestly could miss a lot more time...nobody has any idea yet?

I like Herndon, but he was drafted and held in most of my leagues. He has really nice upside and likely a solid floor due to huge snap rates and positive game scripts...but he is prob gonna need Darnold too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I would think the addition of Crowder and Bell would only help Herndon.  Not only because it would provide him more space to operate with as those guys would have coverage shaded towards them, but just in the sheer volume of additional plays he would get with the offense staying on the field with extended drives.  But I may be overly optimistic, as I'm in the same dumpster fire of a Tight End situation as everyone else who is looking at him.

Yep and when the offense is rolling it means more red zone opportunities. Week 7-16 last year he was averaging 4.8 targets per game and was on between 65-80% of the snap count.  At this point a TE with the possibility of getting 5 targets a game would be a big welcome.  Some games he was getting 7-8 targets.

Maybe, just maybe this is the TE I need to keep things rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Is Chris Herndon available to play this week? 

No, it was a 4 game suspension and the Jets have only played 3 games and a bye.

 

He will be available after this weeks game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Is Chris Herndon available to play this week? 

Negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperSurgeMC said:

No, it was a 4 game suspension and the Jets have only played 3 games and a bye.

 

He will be available after this weeks game.

Damn .. had him stashed just lost TJ. Crap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is talking about him but his numbers from last season are uninspiring. Is he really talented? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jgreen said:

Everyone is talking about him but his numbers from last season are uninspiring. Is he really talented? 

 

He is talented and showed it in spurts last year. His numbers are uninspiring because he was a rookie on an average team. Hes really your last chance to get an athletic, top of the target tree type guy this year. I have hooper but I grabbed him just in case for potential matchup streaming or trade value - I believe he could be that valuable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, aapox said:

I have hooper but I grabbed him just in case for potential matchup streaming or trade value - I believe he could be that valuable

 

Heh, me too!  I love how great Hooper has been, but Herndon is free money at this point since I have the bench space and he was a FA add last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Kelce but Herndon was sitting there this morning. He was too good last year not to grab. They're schedule going forward is insanely soft. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worth a speculative add for bye week TE or might  have a good safety blanket connection with darnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hesitating a little bit. I'm owning Waller and OJ and next week I'm not sure if I should trust OJ or pick up Herndon.

How much will he be involved in his first game back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

I'm hesitating a little bit. I'm owning Waller and OJ and next week I'm not sure if I should trust OJ or pick up Herndon.

How much will he be involved in his first game back?

I think you need to quit hesitating.  Even if Herndon doesn't produce great numbers his first game back, are you really going to miss what has OJ's been giving us?  2 points?  If you're really not ready to drop OJ, drop Darwin Thompson and pick up Herndon.  Thompson has really seen the field and probably won't anytime soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kilo said:

I think you need to quit hesitating.  Even if Herndon doesn't produce great numbers his first game back, are you really going to miss what has OJ's been giving us?  2 points?  If you're really not ready to drop OJ, drop Darwin Thompson and pick up Herndon.  Thompson has really seen the field and probably won't anytime soon.

 

I have the stupid feeling OJ will have one game this year and that will be next year in london. But you're right.

Probably will drop OJ, because it's only about Wallers bye atm. No need to hold him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebadferret said:

 

I have the stupid feeling OJ will have one game this year and that will be next year in london. But you're right.

Probably will drop OJ, because it's only about Wallers bye atm. No need to hold him.

 

In my previous post, I meant that Thompson has "rarely" seen the field.  Anyway, I hear you regarding OJ.  I'm an owner that has held on too long as well, thinking he'll have a blowup game.  But, I've lost hope.  He's just an afterthought in the receiving part of the game.  They really just use him as an extra offensive lineman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like Herndon to happen but must pump the brakes a bit. If you are streaming TEs or drafted a bust, you absolutely have to take the shot on Herndon. But don't expect steady numbers. Bell and Crowder are much better underneath weapons than the Jets had last year. So you are basically betting on Herndon getting chunk plays down the seam than getting PPR volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoesPros said:

This overhyped guy on terrible offense. No thanks

 

Playing from behind and with Darnold back soon, yes please.

 

If you don't have a solid top 6-8 TE, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.