Sign in to follow this  
Bastardo!

Chris Herndon 2019 Outlook

My opponent currently has Ebron on bye week and got beat out for Everett on waivers. Hasn't made a move yet. I had to bite the bullet and grab Vance McDonald and drop Herndon so I don't end up having to play Kyle Rudolph. 

Edited by collucho

3 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

So Friday, they knew about this Friday. 

spacer.png

RIGHT?! Took them until wednesday to mention any word of it. What a joke

22 minutes ago, Cord said:

He's not practicing. That would be a pretty extreme smoke and mirrors operation.

Uh, it was a joke, implying the Jets don't have an offensive routine.

• Like 1

Any clue on the severity of this?  Usually hamstring is a multiple weeks kinda thing right?

15 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Any clue on the severity of this?  Usually hamstring is a multiple weeks kinda thing right?

Depends.  Washington WR Terry McLaurin missed only one week but his wasn't severe.

• Thanks 1

Oh this is beautiful. He just waited to maximize the biggest pool of fantasy owners to piss off lool. The season long stashers (me) are extra mad but the late buyers from last nights waivers just feel stupid. Thanks Chris

35 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I'm not even bothering to be patient on this one - dropped him immediately in any leagues where something solid was on the wire.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

I was until this hamstring injury news. I have Engram and was able to get Herndon off waivers but now I need to look elsewhere. What a POS. Instead of coming back from suspension in game shape, he pulls his hamstring prepping for his first game. He may have value later in the season but I can’t wait around for it. 

To be fair, I bet he was in great shape.  But going through different routines and ramping up football activities can cause this.  We see a lot of hammy injuries in TC and this is basically his TC. This is rough as he could miss a couple weeks... 

I'd like to drop this guy but the TE is such a wasteland that I may just have to try to hold for now. Truly a mess at TE.

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

What an idiot.

TE is a total dumpster fire this year.

It's really not though. Hooper, Waller, Andrews, Dissly have all been great as late picks/FA pickups. In addition to the main guys being decent like Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, and Engram ( although he's hurt now). Henry and OJ have been the only disappointments really

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

It's really not though. Hooper, Waller, Andrews, Dissly have all been great as late picks/FA pickups. In addition to the main guys being decent like Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, and Engram ( although he's hurt now). Henry and OJ have been the only disappointments really

That’s 8 total value picks. Only 2 of those guys were available after most (if not all) drafts. So yeah, TE is a wasteland this year. 6-pt ceilings and donut floors for every other TE out there. And now Herndon gets re-added to the dump. Good luck to all those trying to chase TE pts from the previous week. It’s a complete crapshoot.

• Like 1

Every year is the same story - "TE is a wasteland".  Well....duh.  

1. There is only so much super elite talent at the position

2. There is only so many teams that feature the position as part of their scheme

3. Yes, they are human and are prone to injury

4. It is just a complicated position to learn and be great at - we just don't see it workout all the time.  For example, to plug and play a RB handcuff pretty much secures some sort of RB3 potential.  However, to plug and play a TE 'handcuff' will guarantee you that he might be a TE8.  

You got to prepare for this every year.  Or, you just listen to me - I am the TE Whisperer...even my TE breakout candidate last year wasn't all that bad - BuBu Burton was ranked #5 overall even though we all thought he sucked.  I don't know where he ended the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1