Sack Exchange

Adrian Peterson 2019 Outlook

On 9/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, BeGreat said:

Man I wanna drop but he’d fit perfect on the Texans

He would be absolutely terrible on the Texans. They pass a ton. AP can't catch. He can't pass block. He can't pick up blitzes. He fumbles a lot. He may be a good running back, but he is a bad football player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, AirForceOne said:

I'm holding AP until Guice proves that he's worth the hype, and that he can stay on the field.
With Guice's injury history, running style, and projected workload based on Gruden's comments, it will be interesting to see how long he can make it as the feature back.

I still suspect Peterson will be startable this season at some point. 

Well... that was fast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How is AP gonna react after getting embarrassed by Gruden in the media and unceremoniously being a healthy scratch?

https://deadspin.com/jay-grudens-players-are-pissed-after-he-inexplicably-ma-1837983995

This will be interesting.  I assume he's going to be a professional and play hard, but he must be laughing inside.

Edited by Brownsfan74

2 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Well... that was fast. 

Thank God I didn't listen to people to drop him, I needed some rb help lol

I watched most of this game, and I honestly believe the Redskins may have won if they had AP activated.

Keenum looked impressive the first half, they went up pretty big early on, and their defense was doing a pretty good job shutting down both Wentz and the run game.

Then Guice REALLY hit a wall, I don’t know if it was his injury or conditioning, but he was essentially useless in the second half. Without that complementing run game (which AP could have provided) the Eagles were able to pick apart Keenum.

Just an overall terrible and puzzling coaching decision made by Gruden that cost them an important divisional matchup.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:12 AM, Ddam2013 said:

There’s 31 other RB situations this applies to. I have him and come Tuesday morning he’ll be getting cut for a week 1 performer

Good thing you held!

6 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Is Smallwood the guy?  Thoughts here?

Don’t see any reason why Smallwood would be considered. 

AP will be the guy running the ball. Thompson is the guy on third down. The oline is a mess though so Thompson may be the best bet. If anyone can get things going on the ground though, it would be AP.

Smallwood needs a Thompson injury to be worth picking up. That’s not too far fetched though.

I held onto AP in hopes he got cut and picked up by another team in need of RB help. Strictly speaking from a fantasy perspective though (no disrespect to Guice and I hope he fully recovers from injury) this might even be better for AP owners. Lest we forget that he had 1,250 yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs on this same team/offense last year. That’s a mid-tier RB2.

Not wise to ever doubt Adrian Peterson.

5 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

How is AP gonna react after getting embarrassed by Gruden in the media and unceremoniously being a healthy scratch?

https://deadspin.com/jay-grudens-players-are-pissed-after-he-inexplicably-ma-1837983995

This will be interesting.  I assume he's going to be a professional and play hard, but he must be laughing inside.

AD is already playing for his livelihood. Feeling disrespected by Gruden would only make him run with more anger.

This is why you shouldn't have dropped AP until the situation showed itself in Washington.  If you don't believe in AP moving forward, you might be able to shop him to a RB needy team who suffered some sort of meltdown post week 1 & is thin at RB.  Or maybe to the Guice owner who didn't draft AP.   This looks like a multi-week absence for Guice at a minimum.  With a meniscus anything can happen.  I've seen a couple of weeks, I've seen IR, so there's even a small chance that AP has the early down gig for the season. 

On 9/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, jonasdash said:

This is the first of many steps to winning a championship - be proactive; never stop looking for an edge

Sometimes the proactive approach is demonstrating patience. You mistakenly assume that it means taking action now, and yet I've seen impatience destroy many a championship opportunity. 

I'm sure glad I believed in my patient approach more than the advice from you and others to dump him immediately. Now, we'll see how he does with Guice out and how all this ages, but in the moment I'm glad I hung onto him. 

• Like 2

what kinda magick foosball fresh hell is all this?

good luck on the 15/38 stat lines, folks ... mayyyyybe 4 or 5 TDs at the end of the season.

26 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Sometimes the proactive approach is demonstrating patience. You mistakenly assume that it means taking action now, and yet I've seen impatience destroy many a championship opportunity. 

I'm sure glad I believed in my patient approach more than the advice from you and others to dump him immediately. Now, we'll see how he does with Guice out and how all this ages, but in the moment I'm glad I hung onto him. 

cool hindsight

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Very well said, making a rash decision to drop AP simply because he was declared a healthy scratch isn’t proactive at all it just shows impatience. We all knew he wasn’t going to be the starter Week 1, that’s why his ADP was so low, he’s a guy you hang onto and wait to see if an injury/trade occurs. Why even draft him just to drop him before the season even starts?

I’ve won championships picking up guys that were dropped by impatient owners (as recently as 2018 Derrick Henry) searching for the next breakout star. Fantasy Football is a marathon, never a sprint.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

Looks like AP should be picked up in most leagues, Guice down for a while....

ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that RB Derrius Guice is expected to be sidelined six-to-eight weeks in the likely event that he undergoes surgery to repair his torn meniscus.

Guice is in Florida today to meet with Dr. James Andrews and get a second opinion on his torn meniscus. Schefter noted that, "In the likely event that Guice decides to undergo surgery, he would be expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks." This is a longer timeline than initially thought, as Guice stated he was expected to miss a "few weeks." The Redskins will move forward with Adrian Peterson as their early-down grinder with Chris Thompson taking the majority of snaps on pass downs and in two-minute situations.

Sep 12, 2019, 8:50 AM ET

So what's the expectation for AP given the starter's role and 15-18 carries per game? Looking at his game log last year it was pretty much a coin flip- 8 good games, 8bad games. Same coin flip to expect now? A decent match-up dependent Flex play? 

43 minutes ago, Meets1 said:

So what's the expectation for AP given the starter's role and 15-18 carries per game? Looking at his game log last year it was pretty much a coin flip- 8 good games, 8bad games. Same coin flip to expect now? A decent match-up dependent Flex play? 

Personally as an AP owner in some places I'm trying to flip him before he plays this weekends game.  He was the #16 RB in a .5 PPR league last year which is pretty solid RB2 territory.  He's a year older and the Skins may be worse this year than last.  Further, he was a feast or famine play due to his lack of action in the passing game.  9 of his 16 games were single digit scores.  I have no issues keeping AP and playing him if need be, but if the Guice owner or some other RB needy team in the league is willing to pay value for AP I'm looking to cash in.  I wouldn't give him away since RB depth is so important in fantasy football, but I'm shopping.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Onion said:

He would be absolutely terrible on the Texans. They pass a ton. AP can't catch. He can't pass block. He can't pick up blitzes. He fumbles a lot. He may be a good running back, but he is a bad football player. 

He actually would be a perfect fit for the run scheme they run. And the best RB they have ever had back there while Watson has been playing. He isn't a bad football player. lol

I drafted him as my RB5 and held on because of the slow return I saw from Guice in the offseason and camp. At this point those of us that drafted AD are comfortable using him as a bye week or flex player when needed. Or maybe he needs to have a bigger role when players on your roster inevitably go down to injury. He hasn't missed much time due to injury and is in a great situation.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

I drafted him as my RB5 and held on because of the slow return I saw from Guice in the offseason and camp. At this point those of us that drafted AD are comfortable using him as a bye week or flex player when needed. Or maybe he needs to have a bigger role when players on your roster inevitably go down to injury. He hasn't missed much time due to injury and is in a great situation.

We're back in business

Adrian Peterson is in financial trouble.  Needs the money after a decade of squandering cash. He will run be running like it's 1999.  Start 'em.