Sack Exchange

Adrian Peterson 2019 Outlook

Scooped him up as soon as the Guice surgery was announced. I don’t expect many big games from him on this offense, but he can definitely have weeks where he is worth a flex spot or bye week fill-in. Two matchups against the lowly Giants sounds good.  As does games against the Dolphins and Jets. 

Edited by y2jbones

There’s no question Peterson is the goal line and early downs back. I just don’t know how valuable that role will be on this team. There will definitely be weeks he’s worth starting and he has good value in standard leagues. In PPR I prefer Thompson most weeks. 

Scooped him despite having the #10 waiver. Surprised.

I see flex opportunity week 4 @NYG, week 6 @MIA, and week 7 vs SF. 

That will work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Scooped him despite having the #10 waiver. Surprised.

I see flex opportunity week 4 @NYG, week 6 @MIA, and week 7 vs SF. 

That will work.

I like it.  Have to pick your spots based on forecasted Washington offense this season and AD's 2018 game log.

Want to start him but I just can't. We can't rely on the average 2018 usage. Whenever Washington lost it was usually accompanied by an AD dud. Last year he had one decent game and one dud. Last week Washington rushed for 28 yards on 13 carries but were stunningly effective passing the ball.

Edited by rex_bulkhead

On 9/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, Spina said:

Not wise to ever doubt Adrian Peterson.

🚨Angry Man Running Alert🚨

(passes Jim Brown today for 5th All-Time in Rushing TDs)

AP may rush for 200yds today...👀

Edited by Spina

I wasn’t really impressed w/ AP’s game. He just seems older now. Not sure if I wanna keep him or breida ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I think this is a good week to use AP if you have a need.  It looks to be a pretty good match up on paper.

I don't trust Peterson at all this year. Seems the coach just hates him. Even at the goal line last week at the 1 yard line with 3 downs....All 3 downs Peterson was not there for any of them. 

Edited by the1gq2nvy

On 9/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, Walter330i said:

I wasn’t really impressed w/ AP’s game. He just seems older now. Not sure if I wanna keep him or breida ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Wow. That’s some insight.

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, Walter330i said:

Just don't ever say that to his face.

1_ap_pic_170912_000001_1280x720_10447319

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

AP is done guys. Bury this thread once and for all.

Guice is definitely getting bellcow work if and when he returns this season. Especially with AD plodding away to the tune of 2.8 ypc.

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

AP is done guys. Bury this thread once and for all.

Agreed. Even against the awful Giants D, I can’t see starting him. Thompson is the play. 

7 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Agreed. Even against the awful Giants D, I can’t see starting him. Thompson is the play. 

Not sure about that.

Watching the CHI game, AP ran pretty hard against that CHI front 7 and had some nice runs. Of course, WASH fell behind and that was it for AP and it was all C. Thompson.

Doubt the NYGs run away with this game with their D. 

AP could be a solid flex play with a chance for decent yardage and a couple of plunges. 

@NYG last year: 26-149-1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Guice is definitely getting bellcow work if and when he returns this season. Especially with AD plodding away to the tune of 2.8 ypc.

Guice is def their guy, though he's plodding himself with a 1.8 ypc

AP is funny to watch. Guy runs full steam ahead right into the back of his linemen for a 3 yd gain over and over again.lol.

As for this week's game, it hard to say which Giants defense show up. If the Giants defense from the second half against TB shows up, AP could have a tough time. Giants lack a pass rush but have some big hog mollies who could stop the run against a straight line runner like AP.

Edited by nonstopfan

I feel like AP might have a big week here and be a RB2 for an easy 100 yard total against the Dolphins week 6