Sack Exchange

Adrian Peterson 2019 Outlook

I understand and support dropping him.

BUT...

Soon this team will have a new QB under center, Terry will return, and Reed (may) return.

In 2-3 weeks it could be a different story for the run game, but Guice is also looming.

Anyone holding in hopes of one last hurrah against the Dolphins in week 6? Surely he can be a flex option against them...right? Miami is allowing 175 ypg on the ground and has given up 7 rushing TDs so far. Surely...surely...Peterson can be good for 60-70 and a TD on the ground that day.

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Anyone holding in hopes of one last hurrah against the Dolphins in week 6? Surely he can be a flex option against them...right? Miami is allowing 175 ypg on the ground and has given up 7 rushing TDs so far. Surely...surely...Peterson can be good for 60-70 and a TD on the ground that day.

Someone just dropped him in my league and this is what I’m considering. I need a play next week if Saquon sits. Dolphins look like a great get right game for him

Is he droppable at this point? 

I don’t see this offense ever coming to form. It’s a complete mess. He averaged 2.5 YPC today. Even with a cake matchup next week against Miami I don’t think any of us can start him with confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Dreroy10 said:

I don’t see this offense ever coming to form. It’s a complete mess. He averaged 2.5 YPC today. Even with a cake matchup next week against Miami I don’t think any of us can start him with confidence. 

Yes entire team is a mess.

24 minutes ago, Dreroy10 said:

I dropped him weeks ago in a 10-teamer standard. He hasn't done anything this season even while holding the starting job. Their OLine is a mess and QB play is awful. This offense is not worth investing in this season outside of Scary Terry or the TE.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:39 AM, jjbooda said:

Anything to see here with a coaching change and the weak Dolphins up next?

That's what I'm wondering. Will Callahan give him the ball 20-25 times no matter how bad the Redskin OL is? Will a new coach provide at least a little rejuvenation? 

• Like 1

If you’re going to play him at all, this is the week to do it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, y2jbones said:

If you’re going to play him at all, this is the week to do it. 

LOL👍

yeah i picked him up last week and dropped him....its too risky....both teams stink...you dont know whats going to happen unless you are super desperate

I added him.  Can’t play him until I see what is going to happen.  Shame they play the phins this weekend.  Can’t risk it....

• Haha 1

Doesn’t every sign point towards volume, rhythm, and a 25-30 carry rumble for 120+?

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, Proteus said:

Doesn’t every sign point towards volume, rhythm, and a 25-30 carry rumble for 120+?

Against the dolphins!! You can’t ask for more. AP the least should be a flex start!!

On 10/8/2019 at 10:11 PM, jjbooda said:

I added him.  Can’t play him until I see what is going to happen.  Shame they play the phins this weekend.  Can’t risk it....

If you're not starting him against MIA why do you own him?

• Haha 1

Starting AP this week due to byes and injuries. No matter what happens, I'm dropping him next week, as the next three games for the Redskins are bad matchups for RBs.

Not expecting AP to go off or anything, despite what Bill Callahan said earlier this week about establishing the running game. So we'll see what happens. 

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Starting AP this week due to byes and injuries. No matter what happens, I'm dropping him next week, as the next three games for the Redskins are bad matchups for RBs.

Not expecting AP to go off or anything, despite what Bill Callahan said earlier this week about establishing the running game. So we'll see what happens. 

This is exactly what I'm thinking about doing.  I was hoping Chase Edmonds would be a solid play this week but, it's looking like DJ will play so, IMHO, that makes him a risky play.  Trying to decide between picking up AP and playing him in my flex or playing M. Sanders.  I should've played Golden Tate but, I benched him a the last minute.

Anyway, I think AP is a solid play this week vs MIA and with all of the coachspeak about getting him going in the run game.  

I’m rolling him out for one last go, benched James White in his favor (in standard), so I didn’t give up too much production in any event.

Hoping that the coaching change might light a fire under this team’s a**, and they’ll actually use AP in scoring opportunities (instead of making Chris Thompson their primary goal line back)

Not expecting too much out of him, if he gave me 7+ I’d be happy, 12+ I’d be ecstatic.

Edited by JDE

4 hours ago, Sabo1974 said:

Still deciding if I roll with AP in my flex over Malcolm Brown

I fully expect AP to have a good game, but there's also the chance he goes 18 carries for 50 yards. No-brainer to go with Brown on the much better offense. 

Anything to see here moving forward? 
As mentioned above, this coach likes to run the ball. 

The Redskins are expected to feature Adrian Peterson in Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Interim coach Bill Callahan, who is employed by an NFL team in the year 2019, literally believes that the running game is more about attempts than efficiency. If you still somehow believe that, 34-year-old Peterson is your man. Peterson does have an A+ matchup in the tanking Dolphins. Peterson is a locked-in FLEX for Week 6 who could pass as an RB2.

Peterson had a good game but he won’t be playing the dolphins every week. it looks like the volume will be there and if that’s the case it’s hard to ignore 18 carries per game, even if he’s 100 years old and plays on a bad team.