Sack Exchange

Adrian Peterson 2019 Outlook

Lol, can AP just retire already. He has the 49ers, Vikings, Bills coming up I'd expect some pretty hideous efficiency vs those teams not to mention they will be down to all of them probably, McLaurin is the only viable Redskins fantasy player. But as a desperation bye week play sure I think this was the best game we will see out of him though.

Edited by CroNY

His performance might give him a crumbs worth of trade value in your league as a throw in, or as a desperation play by someone in need.  Glass even fuller, AP did have 195 points in .5 PPR leagues last year (he did in mine) so maybe a new coach and a bit more dedication to giving AP consistent touches could make him a serviceable play as a flex, bye week fill in, or (gulp) a RB2 if you have nothing better.   Hey, stranger things have happened right?    🤣

So NOBODY thinks AP is startable this week? He's getting 20+ touches and the goal-line back. Quality of touches will be poor, but at least the opportunity is there.

2 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

So NOBODY thinks AP is startable this week? He's getting 20+ touches and the goal-line back. Quality of touches will be poor, but at least the opportunity is there.

Nope. You do realize what happened to the Rams? Washington is far worse. More opportunities to get stuffed, sure. Unless there are points for carries, I'd sit him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Nope. You do realize what happened to the Rams? Washington is far worse. More opportunities to get stuffed, sure. Unless there are points for carries, I'd sit him.

Not to mention it's not like the ground game was consistently good against even the Dolphins.

"They had a season-high 33 rush attempts out of 58 plays. Having a lead all game helped immensely. In truth, plenty of work remains. Miami, after all, entered the game having allowed 175.8 rushing yards per game. And in the Redskins' first three series, they managed 4 yards rushing on three Peterson runs."

"The Redskins also couldn't close out the game on the ground: After taking a 17-3 lead late in the third quarter, their backs ran the ball eight more times for 27 yards and managed one first down on the ground. Still, it beat the alternative."

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39152/adrian-peterson-rejuvenates-redskins-run-game-but-challenges-await

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

I guess it really depends what your options are. In one league (where I'm looking for a high floor) I'm starting both Jordan Howard and Royce Freeman over him. In another league where due to byes I have to start one of Bolden or C. Thompson and would start AP if I had him. Basically he's the worst starting RB to play this week, but could possibly be played over the 2nd guys in RBBC depending on who the player is.

EDIT: In a standard league I think I'd start him over Cohen and Drake (Cohen and Drake would probably edge him out in half-PPR and PPR leagues), but that's kind of the area I'd have him for this week.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

Jesus no.

The 49ers have yet to yield a 100 yard rusher or a rushing TD to a back this season.

Mixon had 10 carries for 17 yards, Conner had 13 carries for 43 yards, let's not even mention the Rams, outside of week 1 which was Bosa's first NFL game and most of the guys' first game in this scheme, the only back who had remote success was Chubb, and that was only because he's playing at an elite level and they kept feeding him like crazy, and they were at least somewhat concerned with OBJ.

Peterson behind this abysmal offensive line without Williams has rushed for 25, 37, 28 and 18 yards when playing teams not called the Dolphins.

I would throw a dart at a handcuff of a healthy starter before Peterson this week.

• Like 1

Try to trade AP before this weekend as a throw-in or something. We just witnessed what will be his best game of the year by far.

• Like 1

I do think Washington is more committed to the run than they were under Gruden, so there could be value in the running game here. The issue for AP is their schedule. SF, MIN, BUF, BYE over the next 4 weeks. And Guice is likely to return before they get into a more manageable schedule. AP's going to get the volume until Guice is back, but he doesn't have the skill and team around him to put up the numbers needed to warrant a fantasy play over other starting RB during this tough stretch.

• Like 1

High ankle sprain. Future games include MIN, BUF, DET, GB, PHI.   Not many playable games left. Giants in week 16 maybe but are you really putting him out there on championship week?  Give me a break.  Droppable in most formats.

On 10/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, jamor said:

High ankle sprain. Future games include MIN, BUF, DET, GB, PHI.   Not many playable games left. Giants in week 16 maybe but are you really putting him out there on championship week?  Give me a break.  Droppable in most formats.

Guice will be back soon enough. That makes AP even less playable and more droppable. 

10 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

Anyone know if he's playing tonite? Waiting to know if Smallwood will be a viable play today. 

Right now it looks like he’s going to play, although who knows how much. Pretty much makes both him and Smallwood unstartable for fantasy 

• Like 1

As mentioned, I don't think you can start either AP or Smallwood unless you're desperate and even if Peterson was fully healthy, he would be an iffy start.  It doesn't matter if it's supposedly his "revenge game" or not.  He won't be able to enact much, if any, revenge because the Redskins suck.

AP gets a TD tonight.

....even with no ankles.

Me thinks the reports of AP’s demise were a little premature. No TDs, but he’s rushed 57 times for 275 yards in three games under Callahan. 

And he’s ~400 yds short of passing Curtis Martin into 5th place all time. Without a doubt, the Redskins are going to make sure he gets there, Guice or no Guice. 

Edited by Flyman75

1 minute ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Imagine AD on the Pats in the Blount role

🤤🤯 Bruh..