Sack Exchange

Adrian Peterson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

He will go back to old man AD plodder next week. It was probably adrenaline. 

43 for 199 in the two games before tonight. He’s produced better under Callahan...whatever the reason might be. 

If AP keeps playing like this, maybe that Guice pickup isn't going to pan out like some of us hope.  He might not be walking into a fulltime role when he is back.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

If AP keeps playing like this, maybe that Guice pickup isn't going to pan out like some of us hope.  He might not be walking into a fulltime role when he is back.

The earliest Guice can come back is November 17. Anything can happen in between that time.

13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

He will go back to old man AD plodder next week. It was probably adrenaline. 

I’m sorry but this is an incredibly lazy and uninformed analysis. He’s gone for 118, 81 and 76 yards rushing the past three games since Gruden got canned. That’s more than some “matchup proof” RBs have rushed for, and two of those matchups (SF and Minn) were against pretty tough run defenses. His carries have almost doubled from the start of the season to this time frame,

People on this forum have been saying he’ll go back to being an “old man plodder” since the Miami game. He hasn’t.

In a deep league I think he’s easily a hold, and he’s maybe even worth a look in a shallow standard scoring league if you could use the RB depth.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Well, I mean standard scoring is an ancient model. I guess there this fossil does have value. I stand corrected.🤷‍♂️

touché sir, but I still think saying he’ll revert to old man AP plodder when he’s been out rushing a good portion of the league (going up against pretty good defenses) for the past month is a bit of a mischaracterization.

Edited by JDE

8 hours ago, JDE said:

touché sir, but I still think saying he’ll revert to old man AP plodder when he’s been out rushing a good portion of the league (going up against pretty good defenses) for the past month is a bit of a mischaracterization.

What’s funny is people calling guys that don’t catch too much but get yards “plodders” but other irrelevant players are stars that are catching 8 passes for 40 yards. That’s what these participation point leagues do. Is cloud people’s judgement. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What are we expecting from this guy for the ROS? Got the Bills next week then a bye. Some decent lookin matchups after that but they got Philly during the fantasy playoffs.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, Nomad_0024 said:

What are we expecting from this guy for the ROS? Got the Bills next week then a bye. Some decent lookin matchups after that but they got Philly during the fantasy playoffs.

just hoping he plays this week, i would not expect him to be roster-able unless guice gets hurt after week 11.

Just now, boredster said:

just hoping he plays this week, i would not expect him to be roster-able unless guice gets hurt after week 11.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ap was dnp, dnp, LP for a thursday game last week.... so unless his injury got worse during the game.... i'm hoping his LP tomorrow and gets his normal workload sunday (also hoping thompson misses again)... a lot of hoping i guess. there was an article published yesterday with AP quotes talking about looking forward to playing against frank gore on sunday.

Edited by boredster

3 minutes ago, boredster said:

ap was dnp, dnp, LP for a thursday game last week.... so unless his injury got worse during the game.... i'm hoping his LP tomorrow and gets his normal workload sunday (also hoping thompson misses again)... a lot of hoping i guess. there was an article published yesterday with AP quotes talking about looking forward to playing against frank gore on sunday.

ok, where did i (or anyone) say he was not playing?

🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

Rookie QB on the road...been there done that, he stays on my bench.

PD

Agreed. Buffalo just had their first real defensive let down game last week too. I think they’ll bounce back in a big way, especially against an inexperienced QB.

1 hour ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

Rookie QB on the road...been there done that, he stays on my bench.

PD

I like my crow with a little salt and heavy on the garlic😲

• Haha 2

Not sure if this is the game to stream him against the Eagles D. You'd have to hope he gets a TD, smells like a 20 carry 60 yard game. 

1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

I have a hunch he has a big game this week.

Me too. Between him and laird lots of value lurking on waivers this week. I’ll bet on the HOF. Giddy up

10 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

I think the big game comes next week. This seems more like a Thompson game, but eagles have no wrs and this could keep their scores down.

21 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

I wish you were right.  I’m stuck starting him in PPR.  I would be thrilled with 10-12 PPR points.  

I know I really shouldn't start a Redskin in the finals but I'm intrigued vs the Giants.

3 hours ago, affliction said:

I know I really shouldn't start a Redskin in the finals but I'm intrigued vs the Giants.

I mean hes basically josh jacobs or mark engram. Did well against a tough eagles defense. Giants wont score much and game will be close. Hes gonna get 18-24 touches, hes dominating snap %s. A chance at a td to break walter paytons record and coaches love him. Plus id be interested to see how many routes he ran.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I mean hes basically josh jacobs or mark engram. Did well against a tough eagles defense. Giants wont score much and game will be close. Hes gonna get 18-24 touches, hes dominating snap %s. A chance at a td to break walter paytons record and coaches love him. Plus id be interested to see how many routes he ran.

Yeah if he is catching 3-4 passes that increases his floor and doesn’t make him td dependent. 

4 hours ago, affliction said:

You kidding? I think he’s almost a must start. He’s getting no love at all from any “analysts” but that’s ok. Workhorse RB in a divisional game at home vs the giants. I’m finding a way to plug him in for sure. This game for the giants and redskins is like their super bowl lol.

Edited by StevenSC400