brockpapersizer

Caleb Smith 2019 Outlook

My boy! Going to need to grab him. 

Thing about Caleb is even if he can put up 200 innings of 3.00 ERA and 1.15 WHIP with 240 KS...you know it's probably coming with a 5-17 record. LOL! But yeah, I was on his train last year and rode his arm until it was no bueno. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Thing about Caleb is even if he can put up 200 innings of 3.00 ERA and 1.15 WHIP with 240 KS...you know it's probably coming with a 5-17 record. LOL! But yeah, I was on his train last year and rode his arm until it was no bueno. 

Would gladly take those numbers with 0 wins

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Caleb Smith pitches tomorrow, if he has anything close to a game like he did last time out, he'd be a very big target for me in the remaining drafts this year.

• Like 2

He's already been a stealthy, must-have late rounder for me in my points leagues. I really love the value in this MIA rotation, but really into Dr K!

• Like 2

Hey @taobballstop ignoring me

It's only 1 inning into game 2 of Caleb's spring, but he added another perfect inning. 2ks, including getting one of the best hitters in baseball to swing and miss 3 times

STOCK 

IS  

RAISING

BY

THE

SECOND

tdhLtWA.png

• Like 2

4 IP through, 7 ks,, 0 walks, 2 lousy singles (1 infield)

He's been as dominant as you could be through his 2 brief outings so far.  Decent nats lineup today, only Soto not in it.

@taobball stop ignoring our boy for the sake of any other draft you might be doing.  I need the hype. I NEED it.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

4 IP through, 7 ks,, 0 walks, 2 lousy singles (1 infield)

He's been as dominant as you could be through his 2 brief outings so far.  Decent nats lineup today, only Soto not in it.

@taobball stop ignoring our boy for the sake of any other draft you might be doing.  I need the hype. I NEED it.

He does most everything you want to see. The only thing he never did was throw strikes, and now it seems he does. He’ll miss a ton of bats on sliders and change and his good Velo from left side will play up on a riser and, with help from Marlins Park, keep the ball in the stadium. 

• Like 2

Picked up this guy last year and rode him until he got hurt. 

Considered drafting him in our 21 round 16 team league and passed.

Today, I grabbed him after the 1st ing.

Just now, street sharks said:

Is his velocity up? What's going on here?

Zero walks so control. His filth plus control means we only have to worry about health

• Like 2

Roster resource doesn't have him in the rotation, but he's definitely in there from day 1 right? Have to drop Anibal Sanchez, Sonny Gray, or Strahm for him. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Zero walks so control. His filth plus control means we only have to worry about health

In fairness, this is a small sample size. We don't know what the control looks like in the regular season, hopefully its improved. 

Still this is a guy you can steal at end of drafts now, or pick up for free  in a lot of leagues.

12 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

In fairness, this is a small sample size. We don't know what the control looks like in the regular season, hopefully its improved. 

Still this is a guy you can steal at end of drafts now, or pick up for free  in a lot of leagues.

His control was solid after his first four starts in 2018, when he walked 15 in 15.2 innings. The remainder of the season he walked 18 in 61.2 innings. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1

Thanks for alerting me to him guys. Remembered he went crazy for a portion of last year. Worthy scoop 

44 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Roster resource doesn't have him in the rotation, but he's definitely in there from day 1 right? Have to drop Anibal Sanchez, Sonny Gray, or Strahm for him. 

People still own Sonny Gray? 

I had Caleb Smith last year in one dynasty and I'm sold.  Have him in all but one league this year.  Not as good in Wins leagues of course but QS leagues he is golden.

• Like 2

I got him for $1 last night. He can be had for nothing and playing for Miami will help hide him. But if he is a available in any league's the time to pounce is now.