brockpapersizer

Caleb Smith 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

....but in QS leagues he’ll likely be more valuable for this season.

That's what I'm hoping....

Marlins are 10 - 30  ... on pace to match the 1962 expansion N.Y. Mets record of 40 - 120

3 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Maybe they’ll trade him

I hope not. I'd prefer he stay in that cavernous park of his, being a flyball pitcher and all. Sure you might get more wins, but his era would certainly be worse.

• Like 2

his strikeouts have been good too. the marlins will trade this guy. he is too good to be on the team as of now. do some of these teams just do this to make money? 

1 hour ago, mlb2019 said:

his strikeouts have been good too. the marlins will trade this guy. he is too good to be on the team as of now. do some of these teams just do this to make money? 

At the end of the day, for the owners they're still running a business. Profit is all that matters to some people. 

To all the guys hoping for a trade.  It probably won’t happen.  The guy makes 565k and isn’t eligible for arbitration until 2021.  The silver lining that owners will have to accept is that he might pitch in the best pitchers park in the league (and without a dH.)  

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

To all the guys hoping for a trade.  It probably won’t happen.  The guy makes 565k and isn’t eligible for arbitration until 2021.  The silver lining that owners will have to accept is that he might pitch in the best pitchers park in the league (and without a dH.)  

I personally don't care if he is traded. the Marlins do need some player to attract attendance. 

any word on his innings limit this year?.....between the regression and some kind of innings limit that will be placed on him, potentially a nice "sell high" candidate for those who need starters

3 minutes ago, SnellMyFinger said:

I just noticed that the velocity on his fastball was sitting 89-90 in the 5th inning just now... is this cause for concern?

Probably. Especially since he’s out of the game. Oh well, that was fun while it lasted. ☹️

5 minutes ago, SnellMyFinger said:

I just noticed that the velocity on his fastball was sitting 89-90 in the 5th inning just now... is this cause for concern?

Game day thread for questions about stuff happening in the game. And maybe.

Just now, street sharks said:

you sure? there's nothing about it on twitter

Lots of stuff about his velocity on Twitter.  Nothing (yet) to,indicate any injury.

He has gone 102, 92, 112 and 106 pitches prior....maybe at 89 they were giving him a breather as bringing him out in the 6th to face the top of the order would of surely put him well into the hundos??

14 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Well done romo..idiot

You're just going to ignore the fact that both runs are unearned, and it would have been a solid SV if Castro doesn't fail to complete the putout?  

• Like 1

I wonder whats a bigger detriment for smith. Miami's offense or romo.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:46 PM, mlb2019 said:

I personally don't care if he is traded. the Marlins do need some player to attract attendance. 

Then they can't trade him by definition because he is the only player worth seeing on the Marlins right now.