brockpapersizer

Caleb Smith 2019 Outlook

Pulled from the game after 3ip, 67 pitches.  Obviously wasn’t on today but would think they would have brought him out for the 4th?

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

Pulled from the game after 3ip, 67 pitches.  Obviously wasn’t on today but would think they would have brought him out for the 4th?

Not from what I watched in that 3rd, he got two outs, then completely lost it and had a hugely stressful, long inning. It was time.

9 minutes ago, Kevin Barker said:

Just note the Nats are 4th in OPS against Lefties.

Well gee thanks. Know when we could’ve used this note??

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

scared of SD...How the world has turned 

Why?  Tatus is currently on the IL, Franmil is in the toilet and Wil Myers, as always, is one breath away from injuring himself again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why?  Tatus is currently on the IL, Franmil is in the toilet and Wil Myers, as always, is one breath away from injuring himself again.

Wil Myers also sucks.  Let’s not forget that.  Absolute garbage a** bat.

41 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Anyone benching in weekly leagues this week @MIL? 

yes.  if he were home id probably be starting him.

• Like 1

I’m trotting him out.  YOLO he hasn’t done anything for me to not warrant a start.  If he can get around yelich he will have a great game.  

Brewers lineup is overrated.  After CY and MM who are both LH that lineup isn't overly difficult.

8 minutes ago, B&F said:

Brewers lineup is overrated.  After CY and MM who are both LH that lineup isn't overly difficult.

Don't forget.  Shaw is back.

Image result for nicolas cage laughing gif

• Haha 4

I like his stuff but might have to cut bait after this current rough patch and for the fact that he plays for the Marlins.  He is much more valuable in leagues that count QS.

His home/away splits are pretty wild....1.84/4.66 ERA and he has had 4 straight road games. Then again, he had been dominating his road games prior to these hiccups so who knows whats up.

His projected upcoming schedule....STL/@STL/@PHI/PHI/@WAS/NYM. Mid tier offenses and a couple home games should give us a better picture of who he really is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyanksN said:

I like his stuff but might have to cut bait after this current rough patch and for the fact that he plays for the Marlins.  He is much more valuable in leagues that count QS.

5 straight starts without a QS so he's not even that good in that format lately.  Gotta hold onto him because there can't be much better on the waiver wire and at least he's not killing ratios (yet).  But I suspect we've seen his best stretch of the year.  

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

5 straight starts without a QS so he's not even that good in that format lately.  Gotta hold onto him because there can't be much better on the waiver wire and at least he's not killing ratios (yet).  But I suspect we've seen his best stretch of the year.  

Why?  He is totally legit.  He will have a great season.  All pitchers hit rough patches.  It isn't some "the sky is falling" thing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why?  He is totally legit.  He will have a great season.  All pitchers hit rough patches.  It isn't some "the sky is falling" thing.

I never said the sky is falling.  Actually I said the opposite with my “he’s not killing ratios” comment.  I was just responding to the poster who claimed he was only valuable in QS leagues.  He hasn’t been great in that format lately.  That’s not to say he can’t turn things around.  My guess is he ends up being a serviceable fantasy starter the rest of the way but not the stud that he looked like earlier.