colepenhagen

2019 Bold Predictions

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Chris Davis approaches replacement value 

Pump the brakes speed racer. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Chris Davis approaches replacement value 

Too bold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Ian Happ also.  Last years spring darling.

 

I remember Ian Happ. Everyone was so high on him last year. This brings us to reality to not take spring training stats too seriously. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miketrout009 said:

 

I remember Ian Happ. Everyone was so high on him last year. This brings us to reality to not take spring training stats too seriously. 

He’s hitting .132 this year in spring.  I bet he actually ends up having a much better season.  Spring means less than zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s hitting .132 this year in spring.  I bet he actually ends up having a much better season.  Spring means less than zero.

 

Last year Happ hit like 8 spring training HR and everyone had him as a breakout player. Was drafting between picks 100-140 rang last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Miketrout009 said:

 

Last year Happ hit like 8 spring training HR and everyone had him as a breakout player. Was drafting between picks 100-140 rang last year. 

In my auction right before the season (2 days before) he went for $21 dollars.....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

In my auction right before the season (2 days before) he went for $21 dollars.....lol

traded happ for nola after opening day hr.:ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

traded happ for nola after opening day hr.:ph34r:

🤢😮

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s hitting .132 this year in spring.  I bet he actually ends up having a much better season.  Spring means less than zero.

I keep a pic of Bryan Lahair near my computer as a reminder of how important ST is. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

It's not true that Spring training stats means nothing..but the key phrase is "small sample size".

I agree. Seeing paid fantasy baseball writers write 'spring training stats are absolutely meaningless' has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. The context matters. Purely looking at spring training stats in isolation is likely going to end up costing you, but paying attention to the context may yield you some advantages on draft day. I have been following players in spring training for almost as long as I have been playing fantasy and it has helped me more times than it has hurt me. I remember back in 2011 watching Ellsbury after a disasterous 2010 beset by injuries and a .180 avg in the games he played. That spring there were reports of him coming to camp fully healed and in great shape. He killed it in spring training and proceeded to be a fantasy MVP and I had him on almost all of my teams. I also remember the year after Jose Bautista's breakout year. All of the experts said it was a fluke and he was going to regress badly. But in spring training that year he continued mashing and proceeded to put up another monster year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I keep a pic of Bryan Lahair near my computer as a reminder of how important ST is. 

I got crushed on here for not believing in LaHair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caleb Smith end the season with a 2.90/1.09 and 200 k's and earns the nickname 2020 Blake Snell

 

Cincinnati Reds go wire to wire winning 98 games and sweeping the Yankees in the WS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore Orioles pass the 2003 Detroit Tigers for most losses in a season.  They go 42-120, Alex Cobb - Andy Cashner - Dylan Bundy reincarnate Mike Maroth - Jeremy Bonderman (raise your hand if you got a woody over him) -  Nate Cornejo and rack up an ungodly amount of losses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Baltimore Orioles pass the 2003 Detroit Tigers for most losses in a season.  They go 42-120, Alex Cobb - Andy Cashner - Dylan Bundy reincarnate Mike Maroth - Jeremy Bonderman (raise your hand if you got a woody over him) -  Nate Cornejo and rack up an ungodly amount of losses.

 

They won't if they keep doing Smart things like acquiring Dwight Smith Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Baltimore Orioles pass the 2003 Detroit Tigers for most losses in a season.  They go 42-120, Alex Cobb - Andy Cashner - Dylan Bundy reincarnate Mike Maroth - Jeremy Bonderman (raise your hand if you got a woody over him) -  Nate Cornejo and rack up an ungodly amount of losses.

Not really a Tiger's fan,  but that was the worst year to live in Michigan lol.  Bunch of surly blue collar guys everywhere you went.  Collective state happiness couldn't have been lower.  

 

I bet we set the bar fight record that year. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reds take 2nd in the NL Central

MadBum traded and has a Verlander-lite type resurgence

Braves win the World Series

Albies top-25 Overall

Kirby Yates top-4 RP

Judge #5 Overall

Castellanos top-15 OF

Reynaldo Lopez top-30 SP

Donaldson and Chapman finish ahead of Kris Bryant

Peraza finished ahead of Correa

Robles ahead of Starling Marte

Bauer and Carrasco finish ahead of Kluber

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold Predictions

Vladimir Guerrero’s rookie season ends at a .920 OPS clip, rocketing his already-galactic expectations even higher into space.

Victor Robles finishes as the #7 fantasy player, ahead of Jose Altuve, who finishes 31st.

Yoan Moncada barely waits long enough to become a post-hype sleeper. He shortens his swing, starts eating healthy, and finishes as a top-40 overall player —> .264-86-22-73-23

Bryce Harper wins the National League MVP. Finishing a close second is Ronald Acuna. And third?  You guessed it. Victor moth*@#* Robles.

Brian Anderson goes from being Brian Anderson to Brian Anderson

Alex Bregman - whom many thought was done leaping - makes another leap.
He goes .312 - 35 - 115 RBI with 22 swipes and a .398 OBP.

Manny Machado gets traded to the Atlanta Braves for a prospect depth package featuring Sean Newcomb, Austin Riley, Luiz Gohara, and Mike Soroka.

Bo Bichette ends the season as the clear-cut #1 prospect, and many long-time Tatis Truthers admit that Bichette is the #1 guy.

Pablo Lopez dominates. Goes from “Who?” to “That is a guy”

The Rockies take down the Dodgers in the NL West behind nice years from Marquez, Arenado, Story, Gray, Dahl, Almonte, and McMahon. LA snags the Wild Card, then beats Colorado in the next round.

Aaron Judge finishes as a top-5 player in OBP leagues. Giancarlo Stanton finishes outside the top-100.

Raul Mondesi is the #2 player in standard 5x5 roto. Ronald Acuna finishes #1 with a destructive 40-25 season. Youth takes over the game. Salty old men weep.

Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer fight down to the wire for the AL Cy Young - Bauer emerges victorious but many advanced-stat-lookers cry foul, believing Snell to be the rightful heir to the throne.  (err.. re-elected king)

Joey Lucchesi finishes as the 18th starting pitcher in Quality Starts leagues

Tyler O’Neill and Harrison Bader combine for 60 home runs and 40 stolen bases

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Bold Predictions

Tyler O’Neill and Harrison Bader combine for 60 home runs and 40 stolen bases

 

❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Bold Predictions

Vladimir Guerrero’s rookie season ends at a .920 OPS clip, rocketing his already-galactic expectations even higher into space.

Victor Robles finishes as the #7 fantasy player, ahead of Jose Altuve, who finishes 31st.

Yoan Moncada barely waits long enough to become a post-hype sleeper. He shortens his swing, starts eating healthy, and finishes as a top-40 overall player —> .264-86-22-73-23

Bryce Harper wins the National League MVP. Finishing a close second is Ronald Acuna. And third?  You guessed it. Victor moth*@#* Robles.

Brian Anderson goes from being Brian Anderson to Brian Anderson

Alex Bregman - whom many thought was done leaping - makes another leap.
He goes .312 - 35 - 115 RBI with 22 swipes and a .398 OBP.

Manny Machado gets traded to the Atlanta Braves for a prospect depth package featuring Sean Newcomb, Austin Riley, Luiz Gohara, and Mike Soroka.

Bo Bichette ends the season as the clear-cut #1 prospect, and many long-time Tatis Truthers admit that Bichette is the #1 guy.

Pablo Lopez dominates. Goes from “Who?” to “That is a guy”

The Rockies take down the Dodgers in the NL West behind nice years from Marquez, Arenado, Story, Gray, Dahl, Almonte, and McMahon. LA snags the Wild Card, then beats Colorado in the next round.

Aaron Judge finishes as a top-5 player in OBP leagues. Giancarlo Stanton finishes outside the top-100.

Raul Mondesi is the #2 player in standard 5x5 roto. Ronald Acuna finishes #1 with a destructive 40-25 season. Youth takes over the game. Salty old men weep.

Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer fight down to the wire for the AL Cy Young - Bauer emerges victorious but many advanced-stat-lookers cry foul, believing Snell to be the rightful heir to the throne.  (err.. re-elected king)

Joey Lucchesi finishes as the 18th starting pitcher in Quality Starts leagues

Tyler O’Neill and Harrison Bader combine for 60 home runs and 40 stolen bases

Bader is good for 15 HR so O'Neill has some work to do  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.