joebaker23

Calvin Ridley 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

Anyone worried about ridley with hooper back and julio playing?

Absolutely should be...He simply never gets over 8 targets when those 2 are active/the focal point of the offense.

18 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

Anyone worried about ridley with hooper back and julio playing?

Absolutely but I still think hes a solid start this week just on the matchup

Guess we'll have to wait for more news or practice reports later in the week. I was really counting on starting Ridley in week 15

4 hours ago, chargahs said:

He dead

s--- I hope not. Thought this was a joke, but looked for an update and it seems like he might have collapsed untouched, and was carted off visibly not well? I think it might have happened during a commercial break.

Edited by MJJ28

I did not know he was injured. Going forward if healthy I think he balls out the ROS. He was THE no.1 WR on a great Alabama team. He’s been humble but deep down he knows he’s a WR1 & now is the best time to show it.

The falcons are done for the year. One of the only benefits they have playing games down the road is to evaluate their 1st round pick and see if he can legitimately be a WR1 going forward after this year. For that reasons I think hes gonna get fed as much as he can eat going forward. 

Barring injury. Set him in WR2 and forget about it .

1 hour ago, Jrt80 said:

I did not know he was injured. Going forward if healthy I think he balls out the ROS. He was THE no.1 WR on a great Alabama team. He’s been humble but deep down he knows he’s a WR1 & now is the best time to show it.

The falcons are done for the year. One of the only benefits they have playing games down the road is to evaluate their 1st round pick and see if he can legitimately be a WR1 going forward after this year. For that reasons I think hes gonna get fed as much as he can eat going forward. 

Barring injury. Set him in WR2 and forget about it .

Think we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves here. It’s unclear if he is alive given he collapsed for no apparent reason and was carted off.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Think we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves here. It’s unclear if he is alive given he collapsed for no apparent reason and was carted off.

Unclear if he is alive? Dramatic much? 

We should wait to hear, I heard it was a potential rib injury. We will hear more soon. 

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Unclear if he is alive? Dramatic much? 

We should wait to hear, I heard it was a potential rib injury. We will hear more soon. 

That was obviously sarcasm by that poster, but the longer there is no news the more we’ll have bad thoughts. I hope it’s minor so I can use him next week but my first thought was appendicitis or bruised spleen or something the way he was being carted off in a heap but that is highly unlikely.

Hes been balling out but even besides the injury they play SF next week who have been dominant against the pass (despite this weeks anomaly)

It's odd that there seems to not be much more info regarding his injury.  Collapsing and getting taken off on a stretcher is obviously more than normally seen.  It seems like some sort of abdominal injury, but not much else out there can be found by Googling.  The team didn't provide an update either.  Obviously one could say "patient privacy", but he's a football player and teams typically tell the media what is happening.  I suppose the standard "we are running some tests" will have to suffice for now, but it seems like his availability is in question.

Despite all that, I still don't think Julio ends up in the endzone.  The entire team could be injured and Julio would still find a way to avoid it.

6 hours ago, owenmills said:

That was obviously sarcasm by that poster, but the longer there is no news the more we’ll have bad thoughts. I hope it’s minor so I can use him next week but my first thought was appendicitis or bruised spleen or something the way he was being carted off in a heap but that is highly unlikely.

I was serious. It appears he is out for the season. His career may be in jeopardy at this point. This is probably very serious, as what happened to him on the field is not a normal thing.

Edited by MJJ28

Just now, MJJ28 said:

I was serious. It appears he is out for the season. His career may be in jeopardy at this point. This could be very serious, what happened to him on the field is not a normal thing.

Yeah I got the could be bad injury tone was serious, I was referring to the could be dead comment as sarcasm. I don't know about career being in jeopardy, we'll see. I'm sure it is something serious but almost any multi-week injury at this point knocks you out for the season. Guys have had their spleens ruptured before during a game and come back fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I was serious. It appears he is out for the season. His career may be in jeopardy at this point. This is probably very serious, as what happened to him on the field is not a normal thing.

Sounded like something more severe than what DJax had this year, but I seriously doubt career ending. No doubt he will have a bit of recovery time before he gets back on the field.

Edited by FitzMagic

Anyone else here lose Ridley and Evans this week? 

Is Gage a WR2 now? Rough week

8 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

When Julio (and Hooper) were out, Gage did produce but a Christian Blake actually produced as well and I believe out snapped Gage. Think Blake replaces Ridley because he's on the perimeter while Gage stays in the slot with role unchanged.

9 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Welcome to the club 😕

1 hour ago, NBatum88 said:

I lost both as well :( not sure what my plans are for this week, going to have to pick up someone.

Anyone else at least remotely curious about what the actual injury may be?  How come there hasn't been any news?  And before anybody jumps down my throat about privacy and respect, athletes are public figures and to see a healthy athlete just collapse on national tv is not normal.  I find it odd that there isn't more details.