nittanychris

Brandon Woodruff 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Anyone starting against the Phillies tonight? 

Tough call really.  With a pitcher anything can happen on the road.  That is where most blowups occur.

Yes sir.  Too bad he probably will have an innings limit.  ~150 innings is my guess.

31 minutes ago, B&F said:

Yes sir.  Too bad he probably will have an innings limit.  ~150 innings is my guess.

So next season is he all systems go?

19 minutes ago, B&F said:

He threw 158 innings in 2016 (but only 120 in 2017 and 113 in 2018). At age 26, I doubt they baby him too much, and I'd guess they'll let him stretch out to somewhere between 170-180. 

• Like 1

Got beat up by the freaking Pirates today, of all teams. Terrible. 

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Got beat up by the freaking Pirates today, of all teams. Terrible. 

Not a bad outing, just some horrible luck.  The Pirates on 10 hits on 17 balls in play..many of them not hard hit.  With a luck neutral outing, he only gives up 4 - 6 hits. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Not a bad outing, just some horrible luck.  The Pirates on 10 hits on 17 balls in play..many of them not hard hit.  With a luck neutral outing, he only gives up 4 - 6 hits. 

Still disappointing obviously, but yeah, it doesn't make me concerned about Woodruff or anything.

He could very well go out there in his next outing and dominate them (since they play them again in his next start).  Regardless, I find it hard to believe that his May was a fluke by any means.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Unfortunately it still added up to a 13.50 ERA. Then Vazquez screwed me in the same game. GRRRRR! 😡

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Nice start at Houston and no chatter. 

I guess we're just getting used to Woodruff going out there and pitching well.  Outside of that unlucky/surprising clunker against the Pirates a little while back, he's been consistently very good for a while now.  An easy set and forget at this point.

• Like 1

Definitely an ace in the making! Plus having that brewers offense backing him up almost guarantees a win each start.

22 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

He has never thrown more than 43 innings until this season which he is at 81.1 innings.

He's thrown 109 153 120 113; he may be in-line for an innings limit, but he's most certainly thrown more than 43 innings before.

I have my doubts that he is going to have an innings limit.  The NL Central is too competitive in the upper half for them to be able to afford to not use their best pitcher as much as they need to.

1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

He's thrown 109 153 120 113; he may be in-line for an innings limit, but he's most certainly thrown more than 43 innings before.

I guess I failed to take the Minors in account...lol. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

Loses the QS giving up a homer to a guy hitting .175.  Don’t you love fantasy baseball?

7 hours ago, FUM said:

Loses the QS giving up a homer to a guy hitting .175.  Don’t you love fantasy baseball?

Jose Ramirez got his HR last night from Woodruff?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Watched the entire game.  Nothing to be concerned about.  He was squeezed all nigh by the umpire.

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Watched the entire game.  Nothing to be concerned about.  He was squeezed all nigh by the umpire.

In the game last night, bases were loaded, Hosmer lines out to Moose at 3B.  Moose tries to double up runner at first and throws ball over 1B head.  Runner from 3B then scores.  Moose charged with error. But the run remains earned?  Why is it earned?  Cost Woodruff a Quality Start.  Machado did hit a double on the next at bat but I still think that first run should have been unearned.