Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Am I wrong in thinking that anytime a team pulls a pitcher early when they've only given up 3 runs or less then I hope that team gets crushed after. Unless it's due to injury. 

I think next year I may dodge LAD pitchers.

3 yahoo public leagues, every team I picked Trea Turner. 2 leagues I picked Matt Olson. okay I can deal with injuries.

my SP has been a mess. all 3 leagues I have Max Scherzer and Walker Buehler. 2 leagues with Rich Hill, 2 leagues with Kenta Maeda. Dodgers pitchers were supposed to be good!

I expected these starters to dominate so that I could stream other starters for K's and W's, where even if they give up 3 to 5 runs it would be okay, but now I'm skeptical because I don't want to take the chance that they hurt me. frustrating as F!

Dodger pitchers are good. It just seems hard to let them go past 5 innings, unless they're pitching a gem.

Edited by Heroebal

Honey, I'm home!....

My team had it's first really good all around day in quite some time yesterday, with Soroka pitching a gem and my hitting going 15-55, 10 Runs, 5 HRs, and 10 RBIs (average dragged down a bit due to the Brewers/Mets marathon).  Today, my team's first AB results in a hit.  My team so far today is now 5-27, 1 Run, 0 HRs, 1 RBI.  Well, I guess that was just a tease...

WHAT. THE. ****!

Edit: My bad.  Now 5-28...

Edited by KilloWertz

Taillon, Price, Archer, Soto, Trea Turner, Meadows all on the IL with only 2 IL spots

Cain and La Stella both day to day.  WTF

Edited by BustHerPosey

The one day all year I forget to set my lineups and I sit Paddack, Mikolas, and Scherzer.... luckily I’m playing the 0-5 team this week. 

Edited by MSU2661

Need to stream a catcher today. Garver or Suzuki?

Garver's 0 for 7 the 2 times I streamed him... facing Sanchez. Dude just feels like one of those F U kind of guys for me, so I passed.

Suzuki is facing some dude with an 8 ERA. Went with Suzuki and of course Garver has another monster game.

Offense is 0 for 15 which makes the catcher mistake all the worse.

2 weeks ago my opponent set offensive records that go back as far as Yahoo Fantasy keeps records for my league, I lose 9-6. My team was good that week. Last week my opponent set all pitching records for this year and despite hitting once again over .300 with 15HR for the week I lose 8-7. Both weeks I would have beat ANY other team in the league by double digits. This week my team hit 5 HR yesterday and I am now losing that category after Bryants HR.

God forbid my team doesn't hit over .300 with 20HR this week, I'll lose 16-0. 

Edited by ComeSaleAway

It's amazing how a team can go 20-52 (.385), with 11 Runs, 4 HRs, and 11 RBIs and then follow it up by somehow going 5-36 with 3 Runs, 1 HR, and 4 RBIs so far today.  Absolutely mind blowing, and I've obviously been having many more days like today than yesterday given my posts in this thread.

Boston scores 8 runs. I have three players in the lineup and come away with one rbi

Edited by billofwa

Update.  My team has done something I didn't even think they could.  My team was 5-36 in my last post.  It is now 5-46.  5 FOR 46!  😡

CG is a category for some dumb reason in my league. Marquez Eflin and now Ryu. Gonna be the third time in the first six weeks I lose this category. Only one other person has lost CG and that was last week against my Thor. This is getting really annoying 

I have 15 wins.   That total is 1 higher than the number of guys I’ve had on the DL.

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Update.  My team has done something I didn't even think they could.  My team was 5-36 in my last post.  It is now 5-46.  5 FOR 46!  😡

I wish my team was that good...

3 for 52

0 RBIs

You know your team is still not ready to bust out of it's season long funk when a team is winning 14-1 and your two guys are a combined 1-9 with a run scored and an RBI...

Edited by KilloWertz

9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You know your team is still not ready to bust out of it's season long funk when a team is winning 14-1 and your two guys are a combined 1-9 with a run scored and an RBI...

Chavis and Martinez?

6 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Chavis and Martinez?

Yeppers.

Figured it was time to put my roster in my sig since I post in this thread so much.  Now people will definitely understand my frustrations... 😀

My lineup looks loaded, yet has barely hit over .200 for three weeks in a row. 2 for freaking 24 today.

• Like 1

The 3 guys on my bench have as many hits as my 10 starters....three. 😑

Edited by DFWSooner

Been a real tough year for me pitching wise ... I had a day back in April where Cobb gave up 9 earned runs in 2.2 innings while Cimber managed to allow four in .2 innings.  Nothing like the old 13 earned runs in 3.1 inning effort.

But I've become pretty immune to disastrous days over the years.  Though one in particular still haunts me. Many, many years ago in one of my first seasons playing online baseball, My first pick was a young right fielder coming off an absolutely monster season.  He proceeded to slump the first month and a half and I finally got pretty irritated and benched him.

That player?  Shawn Green.  And what day did I decide to bench him?  May 23, 2002. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DFWSooner said:

My lineup looks loaded, yet has barely hit over .200 for three weeks in a row. 2 for freaking 24 today.

I feel your pain.  Im the same way.  A sprinkle of runs and rbi,a hr every second day or so.  Getting absolutely crushed by teams where player for player i beat them (on paper) in 9 of 11 spots.  Keep thinking "today will be a good day"....2, 0,1, .176 type days.  Still early,but these days count man.

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

Been a real tough year for me pitching wise ... I had a day back in April where Cobb gave up 9 earned runs in 2.2 innings while Cimber managed to allow four in .2 innings.  Nothing like the old 13 earned runs in 3.1 inning effort.

But I've become pretty immune to disastrous days over the years.  Though one in particular still haunts me. Many, many years ago in one of my first seasons playing online baseball, My first pick was a young right fielder coming off an absolutely monster season.  He proceeded to slump the first month and a half and I finally got pretty irritated and benched him.

That player?  Shawn Green.  And what day did I decide to bench him?  May 23, 2002. 

Had to Google that one. That is haunting.  Makea my missing of Ryan mcmahons 1 good game all year look not as bad.

• Like 1

3-28 so far.  I'm not even sure why I bother checking my team each night anymore...

I have no idea how my team is in 3rd place with all the injuries (Taillon,Clevinger, Rendon, Lindor) I have had and today my team is 3 for 27 which seems to be the norm the last few weeks. My pitching (Paddack,Snell, Sale, Scherzer) is the only thing keeping me alive at this point despite my injuries.