Sign in to follow this  
Baur10

Draft dead zone, what to do? Pick 2. WHIR

12 team 5x5 OBP league. Standard lineups with an added IF spot.  Keep 3 at original round price.  Plotting my draft strategy and I'm noticing a dead spot where I'll be picking at 3/4.

With keepers and draft at this point I will have:

Harper (or Stanton), Freeman, Turner, Soto, Nola. An Ace, some speed, and high OBP portential.  Great start.

Then it gets tricky.  At the wrap around pick at 3/4 I need to make 2 selections but I'm having a hard time with no one I LOVE at that price (especially since I refuse to go RP that early). Best likely to be available there unless someone drops:

Greinke, Strasburg, Seguara, Guerrero Jr, Severino, Seager, Upton, Clevinger, Murphy, Cruz.

Definitely think I need to grab a pitcher here but don't think I want 2.  LOVE Clevinger but his ADP is bumping to the point I doubt I can get him if I don't grab him here.  Some solid SS options but I don't really need an SS with Turner there (although they could go to the IF spot). Vlad is super exciting but apparently got fat.  Murphy could be a monster in Coors or not.  HELP!

Out of the list I like Segura, Guerrero Jr, Clevinger, and possibly Greinke/Stras.

I think you ought to go with Guerrero Jr and a pitcher. Greinke or Clevinger would be my pick.

Guerrero Jr would be a nice gamble for your team that has so many sure-things. 

• Like 1

If that’s your team so far I love it in a 5x5 league. Give me Vlad and best pitcher available there. Even if Vlad doesn’t do huge things this year you can potentially keep him as a 4th rounder going forward? If so that’s 100% worth taking the risk especially if you can keep forever.

4 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

If that’s your team so far I love it in a 5x5 league. Give me Vlad and best pitcher available there. Even if Vlad doesn’t do huge things this year you can potentially keep him as a 4th rounder going forward? If so that’s 100% worth taking the risk especially if you can keep forever.

After the first year you keep a guy the price bumps up 6 rounds to a max of 1st so it's hard to tell how long he'd be a value.  Thanks!

Clevinger and Vlad given your roster construction