Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Domingo German 2019 Outlook

Fastball still sucks. Like anyone with a crap fastball in the juiced ball era. When the command is off and/or the feel for either of his secondary pitches is not sharp. Goes from zero to eleven real quick.

Edited by Slatykamora

According to the numbers he has one good pitch.  The curveball and it is dominant.  If he turned into Rich Hill and threw that one pitch all the time he might be pretty good.  

Any ideas about his innings restrictions approach? Skipper starts? Bullpen? I don’t think they’ll shut him down as I assume they want him to pitch in the playoffs in some capacity. 

His price next season is going up every start.

• Like 1

German reportedly approaching (an unspecified) innings limit...will they shut him down totally or skip starts?

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

German reportedly approaching (an unspecified) innings limit...will they shut him down totally or skip starts?

Yanks don’t even know at the moment.  I think they’ll play it by ear.

8.5 per coming into his last start - leading the majors.

I’ll take it.

Just now, Ace_King said:

Well we got one answer: no two start week for German now as he won't pitch against Cleveland.

True.  But that decision was made before you asked your question.  Hard to say what to expect from here on out.

16 minutes ago, BMcP said:

True.  But that decision was made before you asked your question.  Hard to say what to expect from here on out.

I didn't know they were already planning that. I just saw the blurb update on CBS. Previously they were listing him as having a two start week on CBS.

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

I didn't know they were already planning that. I just saw the blurb update on CBS. Previously they were listing him as having a two start week on CBS.

Yep.  He was.  CC’s return gave them a nice excuse to bump him.

3 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Friday Tanaka, saturday Paxton, and Sabathia coming back from IL on sunday.

17-3

pitched very well against a very solid LAD lineup.

he really had 2 bad games where he had a bad hip and tried to pitch through it. otherwise, his ERA would be closer to 3 instead of just over 4

Will he win 20 this year?

10 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

17-3

pitched very well against a very solid LAD lineup.

he really had 2 bad games where he had a bad hip and tried to pitch through it. otherwise, his ERA would be closer to 3 instead of just over 4

Will he win 20 this year?

Saying if you do not count a pitchers worst outings his numbers would be a lot better is like saying he is not a bad hitter, he just swings and misses a lot and if you remove all the Ks he would be a better hitter lol.  Seriously, German has run hot and cold.  He has had an ERA over 4.4 in each month from May through July (and a 3.9 in August so far), so it is not just that he got hammered in a couple of bad starts.

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

Saying if you do not count a pitchers worst outings his numbers would be a lot better is like saying he is not a bad hitter, he just swings and misses a lot and if you remove all the Ks he would be a better hitter lol.  Seriously, German has run hot and cold.  He has had an ERA over 4.4 in each month from May through July (and a 3.9 in August so far), so it is not just that he got hammered in a couple of bad starts.

he was hurt.  its a valid excuse

Domingo German is the only 17-game winner that nobody wants on their fantasy baseball squad, I love it!  The only thing that concerns me is that he will get shut down or have an innings limit down the stretch when I need him most.  Too bad the Yankees are so good:/

36 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

he was hurt.  its a valid excuse

For 3 months+?  Come on.  He has had a 4.4+ ERA for 3 months running and close to it this month.  Stop trying to make this guy the next Scherzer.  He has a 4+ ERA for a reason.

Edited by secretagentman

3 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Domingo German is the only 17-game winner that nobody wants on their fantasy baseball squad, I love it!  The only thing that concerns me is that he will get shut down or have an innings limit down the stretch when I need him most.  Too bad the Yankees are so good:/

Because if you look at the numbers, he is a product of excellent run support.  He has a 4+ Era...when did that become elite?  And it is not like he is not fantasy worthy, just not putting up the numbers of a top tier SP outside of the Ws.

Edited by secretagentman

6 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Because if you look at the numbers, he is a product of excellent run support.  He has a 4+ Era...when did that become elite?  And it is not like he is not fantasy worthy, just not putting up the numbers of a top tier SP outside of the Ws.

I never said he was elite, not everybody can get you 20 wins and 250Ks with a 3.20era, in fact very few.  I will take a SP getting W's on a winning team any day of the week, give me 4 of them lol

Just now, Hangry Bird said:

I never said he was elite, not everybody can get you 20 wins and 250Ks with a 3.20era, in fact very few.  I will take a SP getting W's on a winning team any day of the week, give me 4 of them lol

In this environment, everyone will.  No one debates that.  The fact is though, getting 17Ws with a 4+ Era is a largely a product of luck.  A little less lucky with the run support and those 17 Ws could easily be 12 or 13.

• Like 1

This guy is amazing but not sure he is for real.  He might be overvalued in drafts next season.

He really has only one good pitch.  As good as his curveball is it is not unbelievably good.

• Like 1