Sign in to follow this  
Windy

$150 Yahoo Roto draft THURSDAY 3/21 * Needs 1 * 12 Team 5x5 Snake * OBP / QS * LeagueSafe

This league drafts tmrw 3/21 @ 11 EST / 8 PST.

Money handled on LeagueSafe. 

11 guys are paid, just need 1 more to fill. 

It is 5x5 but with OBP, QS, and Saves+Holds (as a combined category) instead of AVG, Wins, and Saves.

Full details here. https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/21261/invitation?key=39093410cd04e58d&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=66fc024e8794fa6d

This is a very fun and competitive league among the many fun and competitive leagues Windy runs. Live draft on Thursday, so now's the time to jump on board! 

Yeah half the league lives in Alaska or Cali, so...we could not squeeze it any earlier. It was a herding cats situation, that was all that worked before the full start on the 28th

My brother is now saying he is interest in co-managing with me this year and maybe taking his own team next year.  He has not played fantasy ball in about 5 years and doesn't want to be a donor this year.  Can we co-manage a team, like CBS allows?

I quit a competitive 5x5 H2H league after 17 years.  It is the only league I ever played.  I am interested in Roto.  My previous format was no trade vetoes.  I prefer less regulation.  

Are you the commish?

Can you tell me how often trades are vetoed or an example or two of trades you have vetoed?

Are there transaction fees?

What are the payouts? 

Sorry for the questions.  My preference is to find a good fit and stay long term rather than shopping for new leagues.  Thanks.  

Hey Lucky, we'd love to have both you and your brother aboard! I've co-managed fantasy teams across multiple Yahoo leagues, including this one. 

Speaking as a longstanding league member, we have a live-and-let-live philosophy about regulation. I can only think of a handful of instances across my many years where the thought of vetoing a trade was even discussed, but in all those instances things never went further than that.

Windy is the league commish, and a good one. 

Like I said, trade vetos are few and far between. A majority of owners would have to agree before such a thing happened, but it would have to be an awfully controversial/egregious trade for it to get to that stage.  

The fee for entry is $160 and the payout structure is as follows: 

1st Place: $600 ($580 + $20 for charity pool 
2nd Place: $500 ($485 + $15 for charity pool) 
3rd Place: $400 ($390 + $10 for charity pool) 
4th Place: $300 ($295 + $5 for charity pool) 

Hope this answers your questions! 

2 minutes ago, Lucky_D_Donkey said:

My brother is now saying he is interest in co-managing with me this year and maybe taking his own team next year.  He has not played fantasy ball in about 5 years and doesn't want to be a donor this year.  Can we co-manage a team, like CBS allows?

I quit a competitive 5x5 H2H league after 17 years.  It is the only league I ever played.  I am interested in Roto.  My previous format was no trade vetoes.  I prefer less regulation.  

Are you the commish?

Can you tell me how often trades are vetoed or an example or two of trades you have vetoed?

Are there transaction fees?

What are the payouts? 

Sorry for the questions.  My preference is to find a good fit and stay long term rather than shopping for new leagues.  Thanks.  

I suspect this league will be a terrific fit for you guys. For one thing, yes Yahoo allows comanagers - you just send him the email invitation from your team page. For another thing, 4 guys in this league came over from a H2H league that ran strong from 2001-2016. It was a free league where all 12 of us were competitive. Lot of passion and pride. Then we all got older, guys started rejoining for the friendships even when they were losing interest in baseball...

I got very into Roto money leagues in 2012. So I offered to transform that league into a Roto money league. So we still have that core of 4 managers from that H2H league that started in 2001. From the way you talk about it, if you like the settings and the gameplay, I won't be surprised if those guys make you and your brother feel right at home.

Besides those 4 guys, there are 3 returning managers from last year, and 4 new guys for this year. And hopefully you :) 

Yes I am the commish. I don't actually play in the league anymore, I am a "silent" comanager who administers the league. 

No transaction fees, no FAAB. 

In terms of regulation, you'll see the Trade Veto Policy in the league constitution. It is possible for the league to overturn a trade with a clear majority (6/10 noninvolved managers), which is a very high bar since most managers tend toward the laissez faire just like you. But it's possible in egregious circumstances. This has happened exactly zero times in my 23 money leagues these past 4 seasons. You don't have anything to worry about there. 

Happy to indulge the questions. Like I said, this sounds to me like a very good fit. 

Thx man. Glad to have you! Are you the one who has already joined the league page?

Please be sure you guys read the League Constitution on the msge board. 

Soon as you are paid on LeagueSafe, I can finalize the list at 12 teams and randomize the draft order. 

I am only doing auctions this year. If you are in the mood to try something else new, we have a good one for that drafting 9 EST tonight, for $125 buyin :) Guys all coming together at the same time from different directions. 

4 minutes ago, Lucky_D_Donkey said:

Thanks for that opportunity.  Unfortunately, I will be at my son's high school baseball game.  

No worries. Would you mind leaving a comment on that thread though - just say something like you would join if you could?

We are trying to get lots of comments from different people so the thread gets the RED HOT tag, which will help the league fill faster lol.