Sign in to follow this  
WTP333

Pablo Lopez 2019 Outlook

59 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

Probably although he didn't get hit hard. Got burned twice when Votto beat the shift. Wins will be hard to come by on this team so I have probably seen enough. 

Wins will be tough and he hasn’t gotten deep into a game yet. I will say he isn’t walking guys though. Depending on who the next opponent is I may give him one more shot. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

It's obv all league dependent, but no way I am dropping him. I've learned a lot playing for the last 13 or so years, and patience is the top virtue for a serious player. I trust my eyes and what others smarter than I are writing...it's good stuff and I believe talent will eventually triumph...all that said, I have a lot of shares, so it's pertinent to question if I am too optimistic here too ;)

1 hour ago, Crusaderfan said:

Probably although he didn't get hit hard. Got burned twice when Votto beat the shift. Wins will be hard to come by on this team so I have probably seen enough. 

Yea, Votto hit a ground ball right to where shortstop would have been for an RBI - wasn't even a hard hit.  Puig hit a one-handed double down the line on a good pitch by Lopez. Puig was a bit fooled on the pitch...    Really, only 2 hard hits against him this game.  Lopez was really unlucky that all those soft hits landed for basehits (and that Miami isn't good in playing the shift).  IMO. 

Plus, one of the hits counted against him was a double clutch by Castro that should have been an out but the runner barely beat the throw. Ruled a hit but should have been an error. That one didn't score but was counted a hit instead of an error. 

Edited by Southcoast57
  • Thanks 2

There’s the Pablo we knew was hidden in there. First of many good starts to come. 

6.1 2H 2BB 6K 0ER

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

It's obv all league dependent, but no way I am dropping him. I've learned a lot playing for the last 13 or so years, and patience is the top virtue for a serious player. I trust my eyes and what others smarter than I are writing...it's good stuff and I believe talent will eventually triumph...all that said, I have a lot of shares, so it's pertinent to question if I am too optimistic here too ;)

Have the under the hood stats for Lopez's start against the Indians?

8 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Have the under the hood stats for Lopez's start against the Indians?

Here we go:

FB (2 seam) averaged 93 MPH, threw 37--25 strikes, 16 swings with 3 whiffs, good vert tail action

FB (4 seam) averaged 93 MPH also, threw 19--10 strikes, 7 swings with 5 whiffs, awesome vertical movement, incites weak contact when guys can get wood on it

CU was main secondary, 79 MPH, threw 19--8 strikes, 6 swings with a whiff, pitch really looked sharp, good shape and 12-6 horizontal dive, need more!

CH sat 85 MPH, threw 11--9 strikes, 9 swings with 4 whiffs, nice middle of the velo map offering for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Where's his K:BB ratio rank amongst the league? Has to be one of the highest

edit: 

Strikeouts / Base On Balls

1.Snell • TBR9.000

2.Scherzer • WSN8.800

3.Hamels • CHC7.667

4.Corbin • WSN6.500

5.Flaherty • STL6.400

6.Price • BOS6.000

Mahle • CIN6.000

Bumgarner • SFG6.000

9.Lopez • MIA5.800

10.Paxton • NYY5.375

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, High&Inside said:

6IP 5H 2BB 2ER 7K ND

It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.

He did limit them to just 3 hits today, but was done in by the 3 BB and 2 wild pitches.  He's still my favorite of the Marlins young guns long-term, but he has to iron out some mechanical and control issues to reach that potential, and it might take a while.

If I still owned him anywhere, I'd be dropping in all but the deepest of formats and looking to reacquire for a more favorable matchup.  Braves offense hasn't lit the world on fire, but ti's only a matter of time, and you don't want the awakening to happen while your streamer is on the hill.

• Like 2

He was one bad call away from a QS today; got pinched in the 6th right before the wild pitch (right before he got pulled). Too bad...

Edited by WTP333

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

He's still my favorite of the Marlins young guns long-term, but he has to iron out some mechanical and control issues to reach that potential, and it might take a while.

This is exactly why I'm out on him. He simply lacks the ability to be consistent. There's "stuff", and you see flashes, but he can't go out their every 5th day and put it together at this point.

Yeah, after what we've seen and a vs. ATL this week i don't think he's anything more than a streamer at this point 

Great start today at home against Atlanta. His FIP coming into today was 3.00, so I'm assuming that dropped, and now his overall ERA is 4.03 and his WHIP is 1.08. 

It's too bad he's stuck pitching for an offense that doesn't even qualify as a AA-level squad. 

He's really getting close to being totally dialed in...I think we could be looking at a legit top 30 SP ROS

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's really getting close to being totally dialed in...I think we could be looking at a legit top 30 SP ROS

How sad would it be if he was able to become a top 30 SP ROS? The Marlins would have him and Smith...supported by a mickey mouse offense (my apologies to Mickey Mouse). 

On 5/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, Flyman75 said:

How sad would it be if he was able to become a top 30 SP ROS? The Marlins would have him and Smith...supported by a mickey mouse offense (my apologies to Mickey Mouse). 

Maybe bottom 30 after today. They’re letting him just sink out there. 

• Haha 1

Woooooooooooooooof. I still believe in him, but dat was a ruffffff one...don't blame anyone for bailing

[...] Think I'll have to let him loose after this.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

It’s just an absolutely terrible outing. I know Lopez and Smith were both highly touted before the season with their k/9 potential but Smith has far and above had the better control and more of the swing and miss stuff. Lopez has struggled with his command and although he possesses the ability to miss bats, without the solid control he’s allowing himself to get behind hitters and becoming extremely hittable. He’s a name I will continue to monitor but I don’t see him being relevant till maybe next year when he hopefully has a better command of his pitches. 

What an enigma. Today we saw the dominant Pablo against the same Mets team that lit him up last time (note that it was a home start). 

What are we making of Pablo moving forward? Sit on away starts? 

He's good, it was a horrific start last time but this guy can pitch. I stuck with him and will keep believing-

57 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

What an enigma. Today we saw the dominant Pablo against the same Mets team that lit him up last time (note that it was a home start). 

What are we making of Pablo moving forward? Sit on away starts? 

i will never touch him again, so start with confidence going forward