Backdoor Slider

2019 March/April Closer Thread

Anyone watching the Angels game — was Robles warming up to come in before Bour went deep to ruin the save opp?

Good old Blake Parker

21 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Buttrey in for 8th inning....

I’ve got some Robles shares, so hopeful this is meaningful, but wondering if Buttrey came in to face Whit, Mondesi, Dozier. Toughest part of order came up in the 8th. 

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’ve got some Robles shares, so hopeful this is meaningful, but wondering if Buttrey came in to face Whit, Mondesi, Dozier. Toughest part of order came up in the 8th. 

All more the reason to pick up Robles wherever he’s available.

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This was how they pitched the last time both of them did in a non-save situation.  I have little doubt Buttrey is the setup man at the moment as long as Robles doesn't bomb.  Which, oddly enough Robles is trying to do here in a 7-2 game by putting the first two guys on...

4 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Good old Blake Parker

Damn right.  Another really nice job. It'd be nice if they could get him more chances...

• Like 1

Minter doing his best to ensure that yesterday’s implosion wasn’t a fluke. We are about to get an encore. 

Maybe they should allow Minter to drop his ERA below 9 before anointing him the closer.

Edited by BMcP
  • Haha 1

AJ Minter trying to blow another game, putting the first two guys on. Benching him today after last night might end up being a great move...

Minter pulled after getting a fly out but allowing 2 singles to start the inning. Maybe cuz he threw so many pitches the day before?

If Luke Jackson gets the save here, he could be the guy for the Braves going forward maybe?

3 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Minter pulled after getting a fly out but allowing 2 singles to start the inning. Maybe cuz he threw so many pitches the day before?

I applaud your optimism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indycolts88 said:

If Luke Jackson gets the save here, he could be the guy for the Braves going forward maybe?

If they refuse to sign kimbrel, yes.  They also traded for Jerry Blevins today.   That’s how bad it is

Minter couldn’t get it done yet again. I just don’t see an aggressive mentality from him to put guys away. Looks like he’s second guessing himself. Could have put Blackmon away but decided to throw two changeups in a row which isn’t one of his best pitches and he was ahead in the count 1-2. Gotta figure he lost his job after these last two days?

Robles with a less than stellar outing. 22 pitches to grind through the ninth in a non-save situation. Buttrey looked worse though, so I guess that's a plus.

18 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

Can any braves fan provide some insight here?  Is it possible Minter is removed from closer role?

1 minute ago, swingbatter said:

Can any braves fan provide some insight here?  Is it possible Minter is removed from closer role?

Don’t have to be a fan to know that’s possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

The thing about Luke Jackson is that he's Luke Jackson.  With this bullpen if Minter isn't the closer then they don't have one.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Don’t have to be a fan to know that’s possible.

Asking more about how loyal Snitker is to his closer.  Would he pull Minter our of the role this quickly or give him some rope.  Also, didn’t Winkler have some saves last year?  Would he be in the mix too?  Who would be the favorite if Minter is removed from the closer gig?