Backdoor Slider

2019 March/April Closer Thread

Part of me hopes that the Pirates will just go ahead and finish him off. Make it clear that he needs to be replaced so I can cut him and move on. Ha!

He Clerk. Here’s an idea. Stop watching yourself on the screen and get nasty. Guy is a flake. 

Oh man, get him out of there!

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Leclerc is in his head. He needs a reset. Demote him. Make him earn it back. 

I said this after his last blow up and was wrong, but this has to be it for him as closer, right?

Did any of you guys actually watch LeClerc?  The leadoff double, literally hit Mazara in the glove.  The 2nd hit was a little dribbler that just happened to find a hole.  Frazier's hit was a groundball that found it's way through the IF.  

• Like 2

Just now, FootballFan101 said:

I said this after his last blow up and was wrong, but this has to be it for him as closer, right?

I bucked you on Leclerq in the past...consider this to be me crossing over to your side. Contract or not, this guy is toast right now. Maybe some time in the middle innings and low-pressure situations would help him get his mojo back. I dunno...but I'm done with him. 

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Did any of you guys actually watch LeClerc?  The leadoff double, literally hit Mazara in the glove.  The 2nd hit was a little dribbler that just happened to find a hole.  Frazier's hit was a groundball that found it's way through the IF.  

“I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones.”

Napoleon Bonaparte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Doesn't matter. This is just the icing on the crapcake. He gave up four hits, two of them doubles...I honestly don't care how they occurred. He got hit and gave up three runs. Maybe that's my bitterness talking, but this guy has been a clown show all season. 

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

The leadoff double was smoked, so was Bell's game tying double. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:19 AM, pbjfb said:

He kinda failed tonight at handling a low pressure situation down 12-0, giving up a walk and a double to vogelbach, though he did strike out the next 2. I don't know how much longer he can give him, at least for the time being he will be used in such situations to "get right", but I don't see how he can get any save opps until they gain confidence in him again

I can't believe they gained back the confidence in him so fast 😒

4 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Based on usage, I'd guess Martin

Barf. Lol. 

I’m guessing most people are watching via gamecast, but LeClerc actually looked substantially better in this outing than his recent ones. His stuff was better and he had no issue throwing strikes. 

I know it sounds stupid based on the results. I really do. I’m just telling you that if you have watched him pitch recently, this was way better even if the results we’re horrible.

Rangers could still go to Martin or Kelley, but I still think Leclerc comes around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

The leadoff double was smoked, so was Bell's game tying double. 

Bell’s double came on a fastball 6 inches off the plate and up. That ball is a lazy fly ball to left 9 times out of 10. The Tucker single was an infield chopper and the other hit was a weakly hit seeing eye single. 

12 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Leclerc is in his head. He needs a reset. Demote him. Make him earn it back. 

He’s in his head big time. His stuff is still fine, he hit 98 mph tonight. You could just tell that he’s not trusting his pitches.

And he had really bad luck tonight.

4 balls in play tonight for Leclerc. Based on Launch Angle and Exit Velo, Statcast had all 4 with a hit probability below 50%. All 4 went for hits. 

Still needs a little better ability to throw fastball for strikes, but again, it wasn’t like recent outings where he simply couldn’t throw strikes at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

And he had really bad luck tonight.

He had a 3 run lead against one of the worst offenses in baseball that has been ice cold the past week.  Just a pathetic performance

• Like 1