PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is great for people who already had McCoy but this backfield is a nightmare now. I just feel like Williams was too good last year for them to just give McCoy the job. I know he was banged up and the team sucked but 3.2 YPC is TERRIBLE. Tough to say he's not on the decline. 

Isn't that what Gurley averaged a few years ago? We have to look at YPC in team context 

McCoy may be washed up but we don't know that for sure. Clearly four teams, all of them contenders, saw something in him still.

Re Williams, it isn't like McCoy is competing with Barry Sanders. Williams was third string on the Chiefs and always a reserve in Miami (behind old Foster, Ajayi, Drake). The only reason he became the starter was Hunt got cut and Ware injured. 

That's my concern with Williams. If he is so good why couldn't he beat anyone out on the field, even a JAG like Ware?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rspopper said:

Not buying McCoy, hes done.

good thing the chiefs have a good o line 

mcfadden wasn't very good until he ran behind dallas o line 

25 minutes ago, rspopper said:

Not buying McCoy, hes done.

You can’t think like this, last year was probably the worst situation for any RB in history. Shady looked quick this preseason.  He can run, catch and block.  He will be running behind the Chiefs O-Line.  He’s going to help fantasy teams this year.

Week 1 usage will be extremely telling. My hunch is that Damien Williams will retain a majority of the touches for at least a few weeks but McCoy will probably take over barring injury or health concerns. Thesis:

Familiarity with the offense. He will pick it up fast. 

He's not "done" as a lot of people are saying. He had 2 really good years in Buffalo, last year can be chalked up to injuries and the other down year in buffalo he had i cant remember what happened. Clearly enough sample to suggest he can still produce when healthy and Buffalo was a far from ideal situation. Emphasis on health; if there are lingering injuries from last season (pre-season eye test suggests no) it will put a hole in this thought, but I think he's healthy and I think he has another year or 2 left in the tank. 

Biggest upgrade to situation he could have asked for. KC offense is a nightmare everywhere you look, giving him plenty of space to operate which is where he operates best. 

He's getting old and he's found himself on a Super Bowl contending roster. My assessment of McCoy is that he's a gamer. He cares about winning and performing well, not just collecting a paycheck. There is a lot to be excited about and he will be extremely motivated to produce. The better he plays, the less exposed the KC defense will be. 

If Reid gives him the work he has top 12 upside. If he splits he will be a top 20 back. 

Edited by Bluecore
  • Like 1

Brooke Pryor of the Kansas City Star expects LeSean McCoy "to take a large percentage" of the team's backfield reps.

Pryor still envisions Damien Williams as the nominal starter, though with McCoy on board, the Chiefs' backfield embodies all the familiar symptoms of an Andy Reid timeshare. There's still opportunity for Williams to carve out a meaningful fantasy role as a proven pass-catcher on one of the league's best offenses, though the threat of ceding goal-line work to Shady certainly throws a wrench in his quest for weekly RB2 status. McCoy's arrival also complicates Darwin Thompson's path to carries in what has become a crowded Chiefs backfield.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Sep 1, 2019, 12:10 PM ET
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FUM said:

You can’t think like this, last year was probably the worst situation for any RB in history. Shady looked quick this preseason.  He can run, catch and block.  He will be running behind the Chiefs O-Line.  He’s going to help fantasy teams this year.

Good listen on local KC radio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Brooke Pryor of the Kansas City Star expects LeSean McCoy "to take a large percentage" of the team's backfield reps.

Pryor still envisions Damien Williams as the nominal starter, though with McCoy on board, the Chiefs' backfield embodies all the familiar symptoms of an Andy Reid timeshare. There's still opportunity for Williams to carve out a meaningful fantasy role as a proven pass-catcher on one of the league's best offenses, though the threat of ceding goal-line work to Shady certainly throws a wrench in his quest for weekly RB2 status. McCoy's arrival also complicates Darwin Thompson's path to carries in what has become a crowded Chiefs backfield.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Sep 1, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Reid will take his time with shady... Think he wants him playoff peaking... Then they both sign multi year deals and produce nothing...

I’m not sure many RB’s could have done well with Buffalo last year. No other weapons at WR/TE, rookie QB who was said to struggle with accuracy, bad o-line (I think?). Not a recipe for success for a RB. Should be night and day going from Last year’s Bills team to the Chiefs. 

What's McCoy value now in a 12 team ppr? Bump to 5th round? Damien downgrading to a late 3rd-4th round?

52 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

What's McCoy value now in a 12 team ppr? Bump to 5th round? Damien downgrading to a late 3rd-4th round?

I was just about to ask the same thing - I'm thinking Shady in the 5th is about right

55 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

I pulled the trigger last night in Round 8... in a 10-Team... so 6th Round?

5 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Isn't that what Gurley averaged a few years ago? We have to look at YPC in team context 

McCoy may be washed up but we don't know that for sure. Clearly four teams, all of them contenders, saw something in him still.

Re Williams, it isn't like McCoy is competing with Barry Sanders. Williams was third string on the Chiefs and always a reserve in Miami (behind old Foster, Ajayi, Drake). The only reason he became the starter was Hunt got cut and Ware injured. 

That's my concern with Williams. If he is so good why couldn't he beat anyone out on the field, even a JAG like Ware?

I get what you're saying in terms of beating Ware out pre Hunt situation, but he absolutely ran circles around him when it mattered. I'm sure the Bills being terrible didn't help but Gurley was probably 7 years younger than McCoy when his YPC was low. Shady is well on the decline, the question is just how far. And teams keep seeing something in Hyde too. Interest doesn't always equate to talent. 

1 hour ago, dave.zavala89 said:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Good assessment!  I'm likely about to drop Darwin for Justin Jackson though, rather than hold and hope (already have Shady)

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I took him at 7.5 last night in a 12 team bestball.  Was surprised nobody else had grabbed him yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dave.zavala89 said:

I would rather have McCoy than Williams at this point.  I don't even buy this idea that Williams is necessarily going to catch more passes. McCoy has 5 seasons with more than 50 catches including one season with 78.  He is a good pass catcher.

Through his age 26 season, he caught 300 passes.  Williams is at 108 through age 26.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I would swap that and look to start to draft McCoy in the mid - late 5th round.

I think Williams drops to the 6th - late 7th depending on preference.

Edited by nonstopfan

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Howdy .. Just got home from a 10 team draft got McCoy in the 10th round. 10.02. 

*** Same league Gurley went 20