PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

If you are referring to high upside in relation to his current ADP, then I would have to agree.  Part of the problem, though, is that this has the looks of a 3-man committee at least for the time being.    Which saps the fantasy value of all backfield members until something changes.

If you count a smattering of carries in non crucial situations a “3 man committee”...then most teams in the league have this situation.

Methinks you’re holding onto the Thompson hype...

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

If you count a smattering of carries in non crucial situations a “3 man committee”...then most teams in the league have this situation.

Methinks you’re holding onto the Thompson hype...

I don’t even consider Thompson worth drafting anymore outside of a deep-league stash.  I love the potential for any of those three guys, but right now, it’s hard to see anyone receiving more than 12-14 touches per game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I don’t even consider Thompson worth drafting anymore outside of a deep-league stash.  I love the potential for any of those three guys, but right now, it’s hard to see anyone receiving more than 12-14 touches per game.

Correction-  it’s hard to know WHICH will get more than 12-14 touches/game.   They’re not going to employ a committee just for the sake of it.    Gotta play it weekly.   Week 1 start DW

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Correction-  it’s hard to know WHICH will get more than 12-14 touches/game.   They’re not going to employ a committee just for the sake of it.    Gotta play it weekly.   Week 1 start DW

I agree - Reid even said he has to “see” whether McCoy plays Week 1.  Total gamble to start him.  DW I think is the preferred play.  I would expect him to see nearly his full complement of touches (based on last season).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If you are referring to high upside in relation to his current ADP, then I would have to agree.  Part of the problem, though, is that this has the looks of a 3-man committee at least for the time being.    Which saps the fantasy value of all backfield members until something changes.

pretty fair and spot on assesment - those counting the rook out are sorely mistaken. 

now, that being said ... Reid is basking in all this - an offensive savant, he has finally assmbled the perfect beast; his own personal TecmoBowl, if you will. 

familiarity breeds contempt - ya remember that old adage? now, make the principles a knucklehead like Shady and a curmudgeonly geezer like Andy, and ... well, whodathunkit?

what i'm trying to say is Reid knows how mercurial and volatile Shady can be ... KoolAid has assembled his dream team down there, with a generational wunderkind in 'Homie to pull the strings ... don't think he's interested in effing with the team harmony and leadership just to do an old pal "a favor" ... he has designs for McCoy, and the drum he was beating in the preseason about Williams not getting back from injury was a harbinger - sure, Damien gets first crack, and rightfully so - but the book is FAR from closed on the dissemination of magick foosball points and touches and usage in this backfield. 

my money's on Shady, and that's coming from a guy who was sky high on Williams earlier this summer. 

this is gonna get real good real fast. 

• Like 3

I can for sure see

150 carries for 700 yards

Around 400 reception yards.

8-12 TDS.

He should be quite efficient in this offense while being fairly fresh for games. He doesn’t even need double digit carries to be an every week starter. 

Edited by Gohawks

Here's one thing to keep in mind for LeSean McCoy owners...when Kareem Hunt got suspended last season in week 12, who do you think was tabbed as the starter by Andy Reid? If you guessed Damien Williams, you guessed wrong. Spencer Ware was the guy who was the starter and he did well. Damien was still mixed in as well but his touches were noticeably less than Ware's.

Week 13: spacer.png

Week 14: spacer.png

Then Spencer Ware has a hamstring injury, and fast forward to 2019 and we're talking about Damien Williams as a high draft pick instead of the guy who was getting most of the work pre-injury. Damien Williams wasn't even the guy Andy Reid wanted to start initially. Now I'm not saying LeSean is going to get those kinds of touches like Ware did, but if we look at how things played out last season it might be foreshadowing for the weeks to come after the Chiefs play Jacksonville...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I was able to buy Williams back on to my team for $5 because nobody in our league even bid on him lol. I took McCoy is the 9th as an insurance policy and before anyone was willing to, but anyone thinking McCoy is going to do anything significant is nuts. This isn't 2013 any longer. McCoy is coming off 5 injuries and his worst season. Anyone thinking he's going to be seeing 15-20 touches a game and rushing for 1,000 yards is dreaming. Williams is the starter and McCoy is the backup who will see maybe 4-5 touches a game, thats it. 

14 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Here's one thing to keep in mind for LeSean McCoy owners...when Kareem Hunt got suspended last season in week 12, who do you think was tabbed as the starter by Andy Reid? If you guessed Damien Williams, you guessed wrong. Spencer Ware was the guy who was the starter and he did well. Damien was still mixed in as well but his touches were noticeably less than Ware's.

Then Spencer Ware has a hamstring injury, and fast forward to 2019 and we're talking about Damien Williams as a high draft pick instead of the guy who was getting most of the work pre-injury. Damien Williams wasn't even the guy Andy Reid wanted to start initially. Now I'm not saying LeSean is going to get those kinds of touches like Ware did, but if we look at how things played out last season it might be foreshadowing for the weeks to come after the Chiefs play Jacksonville...

Oh wow new information to the thread

6 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I was able to buy Williams back on to my team for $5 because nobody in our league even bid on him lol. I took McCoy is the 9th as an insurance policy and before anyone was willing to, but anyone thinking McCoy is going to do anything significant is nuts. This isn't 2013 any longer. McCoy is coming off 5 injuries and his worst season. Anyone thinking he's going to be seeing 15-20 touches a game and rushing for 1,000 yards is dreaming. Williams is the starter and McCoy is the backup who will see maybe 4-5 touches a game, thats it. 

Lol yeah they gave him 4 million to give him “maybe” 4-5 touches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ZappB said:

That makes sense, yeah that's how I've been seeing this group.  I've consistently been able to get at least one of McCoy/Guice/Murray so far as my RB 4/5.  I have Murray right in front of the others but it's close in my eyes anyway - like another poster said earlier above, I don't think Peterson is just going to go away, plus Thompson is still around.

It looks like you had a typo in the end but based on what you wrote I think you meant to say Guice, Murray, McCoy.  

Yeah, good catch, I meant Guice, Murray, McCoy (in order).

3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

I like this post ALOT

I have a funny feeling he's going to revive his career in KC

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

Lol yeah they gave him 4 million to give him “maybe” 4-5 touches 

KC has the money to spend. Its like when you are spending on players and have $10 left and you throw the whole $10 at the last guy to fill your roster because why not? $3 million guaranteed is nothing. Hes a backup. 

Edited by Dexter75

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I have a funny feeling he's going to revive his career in KC

Why not? KC revived Damien Williams career.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

spacer.png

Might as as well lock this thread now. 

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, dave.zavala89 said:

"How many of you are rolling him out this weekend?"

This must be a deep league you're in. I have better choices than him, even at the FLEX position. However, Reid is drawing up a number of plays specifically for McCoy. How Williams owners can read that stuff & be "down" with it, I have no idea. What are your other choices?   

16 hours ago, BMcP said:

I hear you, but honestly, finding the high-upside guys is what wins leagues.  McCoy isn’t that - but certainly deserves a shot on rosters, even if only as a good flex.

I was referring to williams owners be williams was that...until mccoy entered the picture. Now williams could still win out and mccoy could flop but most already spent a 2nd-3rd round and in mocks now he's going 5th-6th so i get their anger with mccoy for that alone and the fact that williams needs to be the next upside league winner pick

People are enamored with AR's Offensive system and his history with amazing fantasy backs like Jamaal Charles, Shady McCoy (in Philly), Hunt...

People assumed the next man up, DWill, will fall in line and produce like RB's of AR's system in years past. A lot of people are enamored with the system rather than the player and disregard what he has or has not done in his past.

This is why McCoy on KC is so tantalizing... The opportunity to produce again is very much real... McCoy's skill level (and history) shouldn't be disregarded when comparing DWill and Shady in AR's system... (health, permitting).

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

As far a pure talent Shady has a big edge on his competition and Damien will give Shady a breather now and again but 4 mill % McCoy dominates touches..  So many dreams from all the DWill drafters shattered and they are coming here to douse the McCoy fire..  hahahaha.

• Haha 1