PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

KC has the money to spend. Its like when you are spending on players and have $10 left and you throw the whole $10 at the last guy to fill your roster because why not? $3 million guaranteed is nothing. Hes a backup. 

Keep telling yourself this, like you have any clue. 

6 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Keep telling yourself this, like you have any clue. 

Reid on McCoy yesterday...

“We’ll see what he can pick up in a short period of time here, how comfortable he is with it, and then we’ll go from there,” Reid said, via ESPN.com. “He’s a pretty sharp kid so I think we’ll be OK. He’s been practicing and playing in these preseason games so the conditioning part is not an issue. It’s just becoming familiar with the protections and the run game part. This is different than what we did in Philadelphia. There will be some familiar things but it’s quite a bit different. He’s going to have to get in and learn and then we’ll just see how that goes.

"We'll see how it goes" is something you say about a guy who's going to be a backup and play a limited role, not a guy you are bringing in to be a lead back or even a guy to split workload with another back. Keep telling yourself McCoy will have a big role on this team though, like you have any clue. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

I haven't read through all these posts, but here are a couple valuable notes on Shady:

1) New England, Philly, Chargers, and Chiefs all wanted him. That's telling...

2) I thought about 2 fantasy studs from yester-year. Curtis Martin put up a massive season out of nowhere at age 31 -- 1900 total yards at 14 TD -- after we all said he was "washed up" at 2900 career carries. Not saying McCoy will do that, but he is a borderline Hall of Fame guy himself. Shady only has 2300 carries and like Andy Reid said, he still has quick feet. Was top-15 in missed tackles among both running and receiving last year. Also when Ladanian Tomlinson was 30 years old he put up 12 TDs in his final season with SD. He had about 900 total yards. I can see something along those lines happening with Shady in KC. Lower volume, high TD total.

3) Did you watch the press conference? The love fest and good vibes are in the air. 

All that in addition to an elite spread out offense. McCoy has more carries and reliability than Damien and Darwin combined IN HIS SLEEP. It was politically correct of Reid to declare Damien is still the starter, but he is chomping at the bit to give Shady at least 40-50% of the touches with hopes he deserves more.

Godspeed!

Edited by austin316
  • Like 7

KC has the money to spend. Its like when you are spending on players and have $10 left and you throw the whole $10 at the last guy to fill your roster because why not? $3 million guaranteed is nothing. Hes a backup. 

If you've got $10 left to throw at a player at the end, you messed up somewhere else.

24 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

“We’ll see what he can pick up in a short period of time here, how comfortable he is with it, and then we’ll go from there,” Reid said, via ESPN.com. “He’s a pretty sharp kid so I think we’ll be OK. He’s been practicing and playing in these preseason games so the conditioning part is not an issue. It’s just becoming familiar with the protections and the run game part. This is different than what we did in Philadelphia. There will be some familiar things but it’s quite a bit different. He’s going to have to get in and learn and then we’ll just see how that goes.

"We'll see how it goes" is something you say about a guy who's going to be a backup and play a limited role, not a guy you are bringing in to be a lead back or even a guy to split workload with another back. Keep telling yourself McCoy will have a big role on this team though, like you have any clue. 

As an Eagles fan I have a phd in Andy Reid coach speak. Reid has probably said "we'll see how it goes" a couple hundred thousand times while talking about players. It's his default answer to not committing to a certain player so he doesn't lower another players morale.

Sure, Williams could remain the lead back, but he has so much going against him. Williams is an average back in an absolutely fantastic situation, it's not like McCoy is sitting behind A Zeke type RB. Damiens lead back role is incredibly fragile. 

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

^^ Exactly.

What was Reid supposed to say? .....Yeah, I'm happy we picked up McCoy. Even tho Damien has worked hard all off-season, we're going to instantly demote him and give Leasean the starters job before he's learned the offense" ??

He'll play it cool to not blow up the locker room, but if Shady starts toting the rock with hunger and has the offense humming when he's out there, and it's clear to everyone, then nobody will question him getting the lion's share of carries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

spacer.png

Might as as well lock this thread now. 

Case closed, Dexter75 who has 3 shares of Damian Williams on the case fellas.

• Haha 1

Lol. You’re so scared that you’re third round pick just became a bust before week 1 that you’re trying to decipher coach speak from Andy Reid. Bottom line is you have no clue, I have no clue, if you read the tea leaves though it strongly suggests McCoy is in line for the opportunity to play. The fact that he signed mere hours after getting cut, the amount of money he signed for, the teams that were interested, and having a history with Andy Reid suggest he’s going to be have a much bigger role then “maybe 4-5 touches a game”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

Williams is an average back in an absolutely fantastic situation, it's not like McCoy is sitting behind A Zeke type RB. Damiens lead back role is incredibly fragile. 

Again, this isn’t 2012-2013 any longer. Have you seen McCoy play the last two years? He’s 31,taken a ton of punishment over the years and he’s not very good anymore. He’s also had 5 injuries in the last year. Dude is a shell of himself. McCoy has over 2500 carries in his career, Williams has had under 200. Williams has a lot more tread left on tires. Not to mention that Williams is a better pass catching back and that’s how  the RBs in this offense are productive. Chiefs are in the bottom third of teams in the leagues for carries totals. At this point in their careers, Williams has Musca fresher legs and is a better back, sorry. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Again, this isn’t 2012-2013 any longer. Have you seen McCoy play the last two years? He’s 31,taken a ton of punishment over the years and he’s not very good anymore. He’s also had 5 injuries in the last year. Dude is a shell of himself. McCoy has over 2500 carries in his career, Williams has had under 200. Not to mention that Williams is a better pass catching back and that’s how  the RBs in this offense are productive. Chiefs are in the bottom third of teams in the leagues for carries totals. At this point in their careers,
Williams has Musca fresher legs and is a better back, sorry. 

Williams better at catching passes than Shady. You heard it here first, folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Williams better at catching passes than Shady. You heard it here first, folks.

Again, AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREERS. It’s obvious those of you thinking McCoy will have some major impact on this team havent watched McCoy play the last two years, especially last year. Dude is a backup. 

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Again, AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREERS. It’s obvious those of you thinking McCoy will have some major impact on this team havent watched McCoy play the last two years, especially last year. Dude is a backup. 

I've watch him his entire career. Last year was his only relatively 'down' year due to injuries and offensive system.

This summer and preseason he's looked like his normal self... Quick, great cuts... decisive. 

Now he's on the team with a coach that helped him get his early career accolades and you're writing him off? Because he's 31 and had a down year on a BUFFALO TEAM?

I personally love your thinking because it will allow you (or my opponents) stick to Williams, play him (like beating a dead horse), and have your pride cloud logic... thus making your weekly point output not be as efficient as possible.

Edited by ponza88

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Again, this isn’t 2012-2013 any longer. Have you seen McCoy play the last two years? He’s 31,taken a ton of punishment over the years and he’s not very good anymore. He’s also had 5 injuries in the last year. Dude is a shell of himself. McCoy has over 2500 carries in his career, Williams has had under 200. Not to mention that Williams is a better pass catching back and that’s how  the RBs in this offense are productive. Chiefs are in the bottom third of teams in the leagues for carries totals. At this point in their careers, Williams has Musca fresher legs and is a better back, sorry. 

Id hope Williams has fresher legs. He was the 3rd string back a year ago and hasn't ever had more than 50 carries in one season.

Lol that Williams is a better pass catching back than McCoy, just ridiculous.

Sure, McCoy is 31 but the guy is still good enough to out produce Williams in the KC offense. Williams couldn't even outplay Kenyan Drake for the starting spot in Miami when the coach loathed Drake. Then Damien comes to KC and becomes the lead back after being their 3rd option. He never outplayed anyone to get the spot, a suspension and an injury put him there. Williams then draws criticism from Reid after missing extensive preseason time with a hamstring issue.

You don't have to apologize, just count to 10 when McCoy is Reid's go to back 3 weeks into the season. 

Just now, ponza88 said:

I've watch him his entire career. Last year was his only relatively 'down' year due to injuries and offensive system.

This summer and preseason he's looked like his normal self... Quick, great cuts... decisive. 

Now he's on the team with a coach that helped him get his early career accolades and you're writing him off? Because he's 31 and had a down year on a BUFFALO TEAM?

His QB for like 8 of those games was Nate Peterman and the OL was awful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

You sound suspiciously like a DWill owner trying to trade him to me for a good WR while convincing me Shady won't take his carries hahahaa

• Haha 3

I dont think their should be any difference in DWill and Shady's ADPs.  DWill may have the advantage week 1 but both guys have just as good of a shot at earning the majority of touches. (I don't own either player).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Id hope Williams has fresher legs. He was the 3rd string back a year ago and hasn't ever had more than 50 carries in one season.

Sure, McCoy is 31 but the guy is still good enough to out produce Williams in the KC offense. Williams couldn't even outplay Kenyan Drake for the starting spot in Miami when the coach loathed Drake. Then Damien comes to KC and becomes the lead back after being their 3rd option. He never outplayed anyone to get the spot, a suspension and an injury put him there. Williams then draws criticism from Reid after missing extensive preseason time with a hamstring issue.

You don't have to apologize, just count to 10 when McCoy is Reid's go to back 3 weeks into the season. 

I don’t care who is better between the two, I have both. Williams outplayed Ware last year after Hunt went out. I had all of them, go back and look at the numbers. You don’t need to apologize when old a** Shady gets like 4 carries for 15 yards a game and is injured by week 4. I’m sure I wasted a pick on him but he will be waiver fodder sooner than later I’m betting. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I dont think their should be any difference in DWill and Shady's ADPs.  DWill may have the advantage week 1 but both guys have just as good of a shot at earning the majority of touches. (I don't own either player).

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT ITS THE CURRENT YEAR1!??

6 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

yeah, this right here. i mean, c'mon ... everyone has a right to their opinion on how this is gonna shake our, but to say Williams is better in the passing game is ludicrous.

Shady has never been one to just snag screens or dumpoffs, either - he's a skilled route runner who is quite adept on the whole route tree Reid is gonna run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Have you seen McCoy play the last two years?
It’s obvious those of you thinking McCoy will have some major impact on this team havent watched McCoy play the last two years

Year 1: 2018 - Yeah, he was pretty bad last year.

Year 2: 2017- 7th best RB in fantasy. 4th most rushing yards in the league. 7th most RB receptions and 9th most RB receiving yards in the league. 4th in total yards (1,586).

tenor.png

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Year 1: 2018 - Yeah, he was pretty bad last year.

Year 2: 2017- 7th best RB in fantasy. 4th most rushing yards in the league. 7th most RB receptions and 9th most RB receiving yards in the league. 4th in total yards (1,586).

tenor.png

Adrian Peterson posted right about those same numbers last year and the starter in Washington is an unproven kid who can’t stay healthy. Anyone running to get AP?you guys swear like McCoy is still in 2012 Lol 

Edited by Dexter75

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Adrian Peterson posted right about those same numbers last year and the starter in Washington is an unproven kid who can’t stay healthy. Anyone running to get AP? Lol 

Are you comparing KC's high power offense with a MVP QB to Washingtons?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Adrian Peterson posted right about those same numbers last year and the starter in Washington is an unproven kid who can’t stay healthy. Anyone running to get AP?you guys swear like McCoy is still in 2012 Lol 

AP is in a moribund offense, a graveyard, if you will ... plus he's never been even remotely close to Shady in the passing game.  Washington is a rusted out Yugo, KC is a 2020 Lamborghini. 

you should've quit while you were behind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Are you comparing KC's high power offense with a MVP QB to Washingtons?

Yea, like everyone is comparing 2017 McCoy and ignoring how awful he is now lol. Two years older and 7 injuries later. He’s washed up. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

AP is in a moribund offense, a graveyard, if you will ... plus he's never been even remotely close to Shady in the passing game.  Washington is a rusted out Yugo, KC is a 2020 Lamborghini. 

you should've quit while you were behind.

Ok, keep living in 2012. You did roster Gore and Fitzgerald too right?! I’m sure they are in line for monster years too, just like McCoy! 

Edited by Dexter75