PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Again, AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREERS. It’s obvious those of you thinking McCoy will have some major impact on this team havent watched McCoy play the last two years, especially last year. Dude is a backup. 

I love the confident take. Consider yourself quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Ok, keep living in 2012. You did roster Gore and Fitzgerald too right?! I’m sure they are in line for monster years too, just like McCoy! 

 

i also roster Testeverde and Tony Gonzalez ... oh, and Romo!

ya neverrrrr know, amirite?!!?!?

LOLZ!!1!!!!1!1!!!11!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He is a hold for me. 🤔 he probably won’t amount to s---. But I am old enough to remember Westbrook in Reid’s system. 😹

 

You only need to be old enough to remember Damien Williams in Reid's system. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

You only need to be old enough to remember Damien Williams in Reid's system. 

You are so right. Sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Again, this isn’t 2012-2013 any longer. Have you seen McCoy play the last two years? He’s 31,taken a ton of punishment over the years and he’s not very good anymore. He’s also had 5 injuries in the last year. Dude is a shell of himself. McCoy has over 2500 carries in his career, Williams has had under 200. Williams has a lot more tread left on tires. Not to mention that Williams is a better pass catching back and that’s how  the RBs in this offense are productive. Chiefs are in the bottom third of teams in the leagues for carries totals. At this point in their careers, Williams has Musca fresher legs and is a better back, sorry. 

[...] Williams is a career 3rd string RB who could barely play on a Dolphins team with pretty much no RB talent ahead of him.

If KC was completely sold that Williams is a bell-cow back they wouldn't have even considered McCoy or gave him a plus contract.

Unless Williams does something he's never done in his career I don't see how McCoy won't eventually get the majority of the touches.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

but if Shady starts toting the rock with hunger and has the offense humming when he's out there, and it's clear to everyone

 

oh like what williams did last year?

 

and i have both so no sour grapes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,  if you own Williams, McCoy is old & washed up. 

So, if you own McCoy, Williams is a three/four game wonder who did nothing in his four years in Miami. 

 

Yes sir 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

So,  if you own Williams, McCoy is old & washed up. 

So, if you own McCoy, Williams is a three/four game wonder who did nothing in his four years in Miami. 

 

Yes sir 

 

Nah, that's not it at all.

The point is that the KC offense can make an average RB fantasy gold, and that Damien Williams is not some untouchable RB1. 

Can you show anything he did in Miami? He average like 30 rushing attempts and 20 catches PER SEASON. I wouldn't call that a high end RB pedigree...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RB3 with major upside!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Can you show anything he did in Miami? He average like 30 rushing attempts and 20 catches PER SEASON. I wouldn't call that a high end RB pedigree...

Man, can we just kill this terrible argument? The fact that Tom Brady exists should tell you all you need to know about "pedigree" and sitting on the bench before getting your chance. Williams played last year and showed out. You can try convincing yourself otherwise, but in terms of what kind of a player he is, today? That's all that matters.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Man, can we just kill this terrible argument? The fact that Tom Brady exists should tell you all you need to know about "pedigree" and sitting on the bench before getting your chance. Williams played last year and showed out. You can try convincing yourself otherwise, but in terms of what kind of a player he is, today? That's all that matters.

 

You're right, Damien Williams is the Tom Brady of QBs and he put up good numbers last year in spite of, not because of, the KC offense.

 

lol

Edited by Mr.STD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

You're right, Damien Williams is the Tom Brady of QBs and he put up good numbers last year in spite of, not because of, the KC offense.

lol

I never said that, I said that your argument is godawful because you would've said the same thing about the greatest player in NFL history 20 years ago and made an absolute fool of yourself. There are plenty of players that have been overlooked, have gotten their chance, and have shown out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

So,  if you own Williams, McCoy is old & washed up. 

So, if you own McCoy, Williams is a three/four game wonder who did nothing in his four years in Miami. 

 

Yes sir 

The desperation is real..on both sides, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Adrian Peterson posted right about those same numbers last year and the starter in Washington is an unproven kid who can’t stay healthy. Anyone running to get AP?you guys swear like McCoy is still in 2012 Lol 

 

What in the world are you talking about?  What does 2012, 2019, or Adrian Peterson have to do with LeSean McCoy's success in 2017?

You made a statement: "McCoy has sucked for 2 years."
I countered your statement with: "McCoy was top 4 in rushing, top 4 in total yards, and finished 7th in fantasy."

End of discussion.

I don't give a damn what you think about McCoy or KC for 2019, it has zero relevance to the discussion we are having.
You said McCoy has sucked for 2 years.  You are lying.  McCoy has sucked for 1 year.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FFCollusion said:


Year 1: 2018 - Yeah, he was pretty bad last year.

Year 2: 2017- 7th best RB in fantasy. 4th most rushing yards in the league. 7th most RB receptions and 9th most RB receiving yards in the league. 4th in total yards (1,586).

 

tenor.png

haha hey, wait a minute, what are you doing here with data..

Nobody ever taught you that arguing about sports is more about how you feel + your current roster, than statistics and facts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I never said that, I said that your argument is godawful because you would've said the same thing about the greatest player in NFL history 20 years ago and made an absolute fool of yourself. There are plenty of players that have been overlooked, have gotten their chance, and have shown out.

 

Wow... A red herring used to distract from the straw man being attacked. Impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

what percentage do you bid on him in FA ?

 

My gut says you don’t.   That being said, I think 3-5% gets it done.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many salty Williams owners on this thread - and really I get it, I wanted to draft him as my 2nd pick and got snaked by a guy who reached 3 picks ahead of me for him.  Got Shady in the 12th round and couldn't have worked out better.  But really anyone who thinks they're bringing Shady in to give him under 8 touches a game really shouldn't be playing fantasy.  Dwill is a career journeyman who couldn't catch on with a team until their bellcow and their backup went down to injury.  Shady is a HOF'er who is 1 year removed from a top 10 fantasy finish.  If Reid just wanted someone to fill the bench and give them some depth they just would've kept Hyde and saved $3M in the process...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheINC said:

But really anyone who thinks they're bringing Shady in to give him under 8 touches a game really shouldn't be playing fantasy.  Dwill is a career journeyman who couldn't catch on with a team until their bellcow and their backup went down to injury.  Shady is a HOF'er who is 1 year removed from a top 10 fantasy finish.  If Reid just wanted someone to fill the bench and give them some depth they just would've kept Hyde and saved $3M in the process...

 

...and anyone who thinks they brought in old a**, 31 year old, coming off 5 injuries and a terrible season last year McCoy to be a featured back, also shouldn't be playing fantasy. Project out what Williams would have done over a 16 game season based on what he did at the end of the year and boom, he's a top 10 fantasy RB too. Hell, At best McCoy is going to see 8 touches a game, same as Hyde would have gotten. Hyde couldn't catch on to the offense though and the only reason they brought McCoy in is Reid likes having 3-4 RBs. As I said, anyone who thinks this is going to be some kind of repeat of 2012 is dreaming. 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

...and anyone who thinks they brought in old a**, 31 year old, coming off 5 injuries and a terrible season last year McCoy to be a featured back, also shouldn't be playing fantasy. Project out what Williams would have done over a 16 game season based on what he did at the end of the year and boom, he's a top 10 fantasy RB too. Hell, At best McCoy is going to see 8 touches a game, same as Hyde would have gotten. Hyde couldn't catch on to the offense though and the only reason they brought McCoy in is Reid likes having 3-4 RBs. As I said, anyone who thinks this is going to be some kind of repeat of 2012 is dreaming. 

 

Lol man comments like this. Playing fantasy football is somehow best reserved for geeks with elite fantasy football skills according to this guy.If you are this high on Williams and this certain of your fantasy football prowess, you should be trading for Williams in every league you are in because this is the cheapest he will be. Are you doing this right now? 

We dont know what is going through the coaches head, he might be the number 1 by default for all we know. Shady might not be the back he used to be, but he is one of the best we have seen in the last decade. The Bills line last year was atrocious and they had a rookie QB who really struggled with his accuracy. That had a huge impact on McCoys performance too given his age. That situation has changed now that he is in Kansas. Thinking his results will be the same is retarded and thinking he will be used in the same way is also retarded. Its not even the same run scheme.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually even watch the games or just read box scores after they watch RedZone.  We will know by week 4 what is happening and until then its all speculation and guesswork.

Personally I think that its Williams backfield too and Shady is going to be used as a COP back who will probably average 12-15 touches a game. Even though he is a bit older now he has always been a monster off the pass, so this was a really good move by Kansas. Thompson has looked good and camp news has been positive, but he is a rookie and there is not much behind him either. He is also no McCoy. 

Now in saying that, as someone who took the risk and has drafted Williams in a few places because I wanted a piece of this offense, I do think that there is a very realistic chance that McCoy ends up passing Williams and I am under no illusions that he may actually be the #1 on the depth chart. 

Thems the breaks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

 

Lol man comments like this. Playing fantasy football is somehow best reserved for geeks with elite fantasy football skills according to this guy.If you are this high on Williams and this certain of your fantasy football prowess, you should be trading for Williams in every league you are in because this is the cheapest he will be. Are you doing this right now? 

We dont know what is going through the coaches head, he might be the number 1 by default for all we know. Shady might not be the back he used to be, but he is one of the best we have seen in the last decade. The Bills line last year was atrocious and they had a rookie QB who really struggled with his accuracy. That had a huge impact on McCoys performance too given his age. That situation has changed now that he is in Kansas. Thinking his results will be the same is retarded and thinking he will be used in the same way is also retarded. Its not even the same run scheme.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually even watch the games or just read box scores after they watch RedZone.  We will know by week 4 what is happening and until then its all speculation and guesswork.

Personally I think that its Williams backfield too and Shady is going to be used as a COP back who will probably average 12-15 touches a game. Even though he is a bit older now he has always been a monster off the pass, so this was a really good move by Kansas. Thompson has looked good and camp news has been positive, but he is a rookie and there is not much behind him either. He is also no McCoy. 

Now in saying that, as someone who took the risk and has drafted Williams in a few places because I wanted a piece of this offense, I do think that there is a very realistic chance that McCoy ends up passing Williams and I am under no illusions that he may actually be the #1 on the depth chart. 

Thems the breaks

 

 

Not sure a COP back will get 12-15 touches a game. I don't know why people think the Chiefs can sustain 2 RBs. The have a good offense but they never run the ball a lot. This isn't like the Saints and Patriots that heavily utilize their backs in the offense. Kareem Hunt as the bellcow averaged only 18 touches a game. The starter might get 14 and a COP would get 7 max. 

 

If it's an RBBC, expect 10 touches a game and maybe high RB3 production for both players. If anyone is getting the minority, they might be borderline unstartable, maybe 9 PPG a game. 

 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Personally I think that its Williams backfield too and Shady is going to be used as a COP back who will probably average 12-15 touches a game.

 

Just curious, if a change of pace RB is getting 12-15 touches... what is the lead running back supposed to get? 18-24?  Do you really expect the RB group to get 30-40 touches a game?  That's a crazy amount of usage for RB's, even in a fantastic high octane offense.  

 

I think COP back for McCoy is about the best case scenario, but I'd expect his touches are closer to 5-10 and Williams will see 13-17 touches a game.  Darwin might get 1 or 2, but he's not really a factor IMO

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.