PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Lol man comments like this. Playing fantasy football is somehow best reserved for geeks with elite fantasy football skills according to this guy.If you are this high on Williams and this certain of your fantasy football prowess, you should be trading for Williams in every league you are in because this is the cheapest he will be. Are you doing this right now? 

We dont know what is going through the coaches head, he might be the number 1 by default for all we know. Shady might not be the back he used to be, but he is one of the best we have seen in the last decade. The Bills line last year was atrocious and they had a rookie QB who really struggled with his accuracy. That had a huge impact on McCoys performance too given his age. That situation has changed now that he is in Kansas. Thinking his results will be the same is retarded and thinking he will be used in the same way is also retarded. Its not even the same run scheme.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually even watch the games or just read box scores after they watch RedZone.  We will know by week 4 what is happening and until then its all speculation and guesswork.

Personally I think that its Williams backfield too and Shady is going to be used as a COP back who will probably average 12-15 touches a game. Even though he is a bit older now he has always been a monster off the pass, so this was a really good move by Kansas. Thompson has looked good and camp news has been positive, but he is a rookie and there is not much behind him either. He is also no McCoy. 

Now in saying that, as someone who took the risk and has drafted Williams in a few places because I wanted a piece of this offense, I do think that there is a very realistic chance that McCoy ends up passing Williams and I am under no illusions that he may actually be the #1 on the depth chart. 

Thems the breaks

12-15 touches a game for McCoy? lol. Do you guys making these ridiculous assumptions even watch KC? Their backs don't run much, only 378 carries last year. They are in the bottom third of teams for rushing attempts and their feature back only gets around 15-20 touches a game. Here is what Hunt did last year..

Week 1-16 carries 0 rec

Week 2-18 carries 1 rec

Week 3-18 carries 0 rec

Week4-19 carries 3 rec

Week 5-22 carries 1 rec

Week 6-10 carries 5 rec

Week 7-15 carries 5 rec

Week 8-16 carries 5 rec

Week 9-17 carries 1 rec

Week 10-16 carries 2 rec

Week 11-14 carries 3 rec

Again, anyone who thinks McCoy is coming in and getting 12-15 touches a week is delusional. Hes a backup who will get 4-5 touches a week while Williams gets the other 15-16. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Project out what Williams would have done over a 16 game season based on what he did at the end of the year and boom, he's a top 10 fantasy RB too. 

This logic is exactly why people draft bust RBs in the first few rounds.

You can’t just take a few games from the end, divide, multiply by 16, and go “see RB1.”

Williams was fresh coming into it. Most defenses are beat up at this stage. He had no wear throughout the season at all. 

Teams also didn’t have a game plan for him. No idea of how he was going to be used or anything like that. You expect to face Hunt after all. If you catch everyone in fantasy by surprise you also likely catch opposing defenses by surprise. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

12-15 touches a game for McCoy? lol. Do you guys making these ridiculous assumptions even watch KC? Their backs don't run much, only 378 carries last year. They are in the bottom third of teams for rushing attempts and their feature back only gets around 15-20 touches a game. Here is what Hunt did last year..

Week 1-16 carries 0 rec

Week 2-18 carries 1 rec

Week 3-18 carries 0 rec

Week4-19 carries 3 rec

Week 5-22 carries 1 rec

Week 6-10 carries 5 rec

Week 7-15 carries 5 rec

Week 8-16 carries 5 rec

Week 9-17 carries 1 rec

Week 10-16 carries 2 rec

Week 11-14 carries 3 rec

Again, anyone who thinks McCoy is coming in and getting 12-15 touches a week is delusional. Hes a backup who will get 4-5 touches a week while Williams gets the other 15-16. 

Correct. This is exactly why Williams is going to be a bust. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Week 1-16 carries 0 rec

Week 2-18 carries 1 rec

Week 3-18 carries 0 rec

Week4-19 carries 3 rec

Week 5-22 carries 1 rec

Week 6-10 carries 5 rec

Week 7-15 carries 5 rec

Week 8-16 carries 5 rec

Week 9-17 carries 1 rec

Week 10-16 carries 2 rec

Week 11-14 carries 3 rec

Why do you care so much? You’ve mentioned that you own both Williams AND McCoy so why do you sound so threatened by the possibility of Shady being more than an “old a**” backup that could get more than 4-5 carries?

If I was born yesterday I swear I’d think you only own Williams and you drafted him in the 2nd round. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asian Sensation said:

Why do you care so much? You’ve mentioned that you own both Williams AND McCoy so why do you sound so threatened by the possibility of Shady being more than an “old a**” backup that could get more than 4-5 carries?

If I was born yesterday I swear I’d think you only own Williams and you drafted him in the 2nd round. 

spacer.png

LOL "old a** backup" and yet Reid said both Shady and Damien are starters. Worst case for shady in my eyes is 40%

• Like 1

Surely Williams owners would handcuff Shady where possible. I think the chiefs wouldn’t have won out over other interested teams unless they told him he’d get a decent role.

Those who are saying that Shady McCoy wont be relevant are horrendously mistaken...

Whether you’re a Williams owner whose delusional or just a Shady hater, Reid and the Chiefs didn’t give Shady 3-Million guaranteed only to play him for a few snaps here and there...

It’s my belief that Shady is going to be getting a lot of work, and while it certainly won’t be of the “bellcow” sorts, it certainly has the feeling of being more than people think it will be.

i honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see a near 50/50 split, and i feel that Shady does have a fairly safe path to seeing between 10-15 touches a game. 10 being his floor, give/take a couple, and 15 likely being his ceiling if he’s the hot hand.

From all reports I’ve read, Reid and the Chiefs don’t sound at all confident that D. Williams is any kind of “workhorse” back, and those thinking that D. Williams will still be receiving 18+ touches a game consistently are going to be in for a sad, sad fantasy season.

My prediction:

Shady McCoy will be getting between 8-12 carries a game, maybe even more if he’s having a great game, while D. Williams will likely take over on most 3rd-downs as the primary pass-catching back, while still contributing a handful of carries. 

Overall, I think D. Williams will see anywhere from 13-16 touches a game, with Shady seeing 10-14 a game on average.

Shady feels like the sleeper pick in terms of punching in goal line touchdowns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him finish with 6-8 rushing TDs this season assuming his health holds up.

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Lol man comments like this. Playing fantasy football is somehow best reserved for geeks with elite fantasy football skills according to this guy.If you are this high on Williams and this certain of your fantasy football prowess, you should be trading for Williams in every league you are in because this is the cheapest he will be. Are you doing this right now? 

We dont know what is going through the coaches head, he might be the number 1 by default for all we know. Shady might not be the back he used to be, but he is one of the best we have seen in the last decade. The Bills line last year was atrocious and they had a rookie QB who really struggled with his accuracy. That had a huge impact on McCoys performance too given his age. That situation has changed now that he is in Kansas. Thinking his results will be the same is retarded and thinking he will be used in the same way is also retarded. Its not even the same run scheme.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually even watch the games or just read box scores after they watch RedZone.  We will know by week 4 what is happening and until then its all speculation and guesswork.

Personally I think that its Williams backfield too and Shady is going to be used as a COP back who will probably average 12-15 touches a game. Even though he is a bit older now he has always been a monster off the pass, so this was a really good move by Kansas. Thompson has looked good and camp news has been positive, but he is a rookie and there is not much behind him either. He is also no McCoy. 

Now in saying that, as someone who took the risk and has drafted Williams in a few places because I wanted a piece of this offense, I do think that there is a very realistic chance that McCoy ends up passing Williams and I am under no illusions that he may actually be the #1 on the depth chart. 

Thems the breaks

As someone who lives in the area I'd like to ask that you try and remember the team resides in MISSOURI.

A lot of us on this side of the border don't like being associated with jayhawkers :D

I can't wait.... in a few weeks, when Shady's racking up carries and touches (I also think it will end up close to a 50/50 split), I plan to quote and react to all of Dexter75's posts lolol

• Haha 2

I see this starting off with Williams more heavily favored but will eventually shift to McCoy.  Williams' success last season, IMO, is a product of the KC system that he was in.  To be clear, there's nothing wrong with that, and many impact fantasy players are made off of their system rather than their skill.  With that said, McCoy, despite his advanced age, is just a better football player than Williams.  Skill is eventually going to win out here, it's inevitable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Those who are saying that Shady McCoy wont be relevant are horrendously mistaken...

Whether you’re a Williams owner whose delusional or just a Shady hater, Reid and the Chiefs didn’t give Shady 3-Million guaranteed only to play him for a few snaps here and there...

It’s my belief that Shady is going to be getting a lot of work, and while it certainly won’t be of the “bellcow” sorts, it certainly has the feeling of being more than people think it will be.

i honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see a near 50/50 split, and i feel that Shady does have a fairly safe path to seeing between 10-15 touches a game. 10 being his floor, give/take a couple, and 15 likely being his ceiling if he’s the hot hand.

From all reports I’ve read, Reid and the Chiefs don’t sound at all confident that D. Williams is any kind of “workhorse” back, and those thinking that D. Williams will still be receiving 18+ touches a game consistently are going to be in for a sad, sad fantasy season.

My prediction:

Shady McCoy will be getting between 8-12 carries a game, maybe even more if he’s having a great game, while D. Williams will likely take over on most 3rd-downs as the primary pass-catching back, while still contributing a handful of carries. 

Overall, I think D. Williams will see anywhere from 13-16 touches a game, with Shady seeing 10-14 a game on average.

Shady feels like the sleeper pick in terms of punching in goal line touchdowns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him finish with 6-8 rushing TDs this season assuming his health holds up.

13-16 carries for Williams and 10-14 for McCoy? That’s 23-30 carries Lol. Again, people who think like this are delusional and haven’t watched the Chiefs. This isn’t the Cowboys, Reid doesn’t utilize his RB nearly that much, especially now with Mahomes. Hunt only averaged 18 touches a game last year. Before that, Charles averaged 22 touches a game but that was before you had Mahomes putting it up 30-35 times a game, Mahomes had over 35 pass attempts in 9 games last year. You are only getting about 20 touches total from any Chiefs RB and Williams is the clear starter. Williams is getting 14-15 touches and McCoy is getting 4-5, that’s it. Can that change a few weeks in? Possibly, and that’s why I grabbed McCoy. Given his age, recent injury history, how bad he looked last year and how Reid uses his RB, anyone who thinks McCoy is going to be getting 15 touches a game is nuts, 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the money means something here.

I just don't think the Chiefs would hand out 4 million a year with 3 million guaranteed to McCoy if they didn't have plans to use him for more than 4-5 touches a game.  It might not be 15 carries a game or something.  But I can surely see Williams and McCoy just rotating every other series or something.

I just think we'll most likely just be seeing a nearly 50/50 split of work with Williams and McCoy...Unless McCoy shows that he's washed up and doesn't deserve those touches.

What's obvious to me is that the Chiefs weren't feeling very comfortable with what they had in Williams and Thompson.  If they were, they wouldn't bother bringing in McCoy for what they're paying him.

Will be another interesting story-line to watch.  I snagged McCoy very late in my 12 teamer last night so hoping he can turn into a late round sleeper. I don't think he ever wanted to be in Buffalo and he was in a very poor situation there.  I'm not sure its fair to use last year as any kind of judge.  I will say though that if he can't find success in KC this year, then he truly will know it's time to retire as he probably couldn't be in a much better situation.

• Like 1

Even at Leseans age he is the more superior RB. People were drafting Damien not for his talent but opportunity.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

cant wait to see how shady is used in this offence. he doesn't need 15 touches just needs a couple spots where he can operate in space and he will produce some big plays and with Kelce and hill he will get that opportunity more than ever before. favorite player/thing to watch week 1. (well #2 to flash Gordon)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

Even at Leseans age he is the more superior RB. People were drafting Damien not for his talent but opportunity.

Excellent point.

For me, this McCoy situation reminds me a lot of Adrian Peterson last year.  At this time last year, everyone thought Peterson was washed up when the skins brought him in.  He was 33 at the time, coming off 2 horrible seasons where he looked to be about done.  I know he fell in drafts and there was a lot of uncertainty as to how much of a role he could handle.  Then he goes out and rushes for over 1,000 yards and scores 9 TD's.  Pretty nice value that was going extremely late in drafts.

McCoy this year is feeling very similar.  Although, McCoy is 2 years younger than Peterson was and going to a MUCH better offensive team that should be able to provide him all kinds of running lanes.  And McCoy is a MUCH better receiver who is more than capable of playing all 3 downs....And McCoy is back playing with a head coach that he had some of his best years with....

I see a very low risk with a very high potential ceiling.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Correct. This is exactly why Williams is going to be a bust. 

Wrong. Thats exactly why Williams has been so good in this offense since he took over. They aren't asking him to carry it 25-30 times a game, thats not what they do. He obviously can though as we saw him torch the Colts 8th best defense against the rush last year, in the playoffs for 129 yards on 25 carries. Thats 5.2 yards a carry against a top 10 rush defense in a playoff game, not your average October Sunday. Williams is more than capable of making good on the 15-20 touches a game they ask from him. Keep sleeping on him though...

Edited by Dexter75

For those who haven't yet drafted, pay attention to this guy's value.  ESPN had him as like player #100 in its draft software, which tends to depress his ADP and make him available for peanuts.  (He was there for me in the 8th round.)  There are other backs who could get RB1 roles due to injury but McCoy may actually have a RB1 role right now if he has the substantial role for KC (eventually becoming the lead role, if it's not already) I think he'll have.  Why take Darrell Henderson in the 7th or 8th when Lesean Freaking McCoy is available for around the same price?

• Like 4

I wouldn't say its as clear cut as pegging shady the 2 down back and Dwill the COP back, they both have similar skillsets that fit with what the chiefs want in their RB's so it may just be a split to keep both guys fresh, def think shady has a good chance to straight up steal the job too going from TFL city Buffalo to the amount of space this offense creates for its backs

9 hours ago, CORTEz said:

My prediction:

IMO McCoy at 31 is still more talented than Williams who's 26 (I think).  Injury not withstanding, it's usually the more talented player that gets the ball more.  The one caveat is that McCoy is still learning the offense, so Dwill should get more touches in the early weeks.  If he performs well than maybe Shady doesn't get to take the job.  If I had to own one tho, it would be McCoy.   I could be totally wrong tho.  It's all speculative at this point.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

For those who haven't yet drafted, pay attention to this guy's value.  ESPN had him as like player #100 in its draft software, which tends to depress his ADP and make him available for peanuts.  (He was there for me in the 8th round.)  There are other backs who could get RB1 roles due to injury but McCoy may actually have a RB1 role right now if he has the substantial role for KC (eventually becoming the lead role, if it's not already) I think he'll have.  Why take Darrell Henderson in the 7th or 8th when Lesean Freaking McCoy is available for around the same price?

I completely agree... and I am a huge RAMS Homer.

Taking reps w/ Mahomes

Edited by jccouger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, affliction said:

He WAS the more superior RB. Only time will tell if he in fact still is. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Taking reps w/ Mahomes

... a few minutes later Mahomes motioned for Reid to come over ... coach waddled up and asked what was up, to which 'Homie replied "this cat. Shady - i want him out there with the 1s on Sunday - you start this dude, ya hear?"  later, over a dozen bear claws and a gallon of slim tea, Reid penciled McCoy in as STARTER"

• Haha 1

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/reid-ive-been-honest-rb-lesean-mccoy-about-damien-williams

Totally get the Lesean hype but let’s pump the brakes a little. Andy Reid is no dummy if he thought Lesean was the missing piece of this backfield he would traded for him much earlier. He brought in Lesean to let him loose in spurts and if you haven’t bought to in by now Reid wants a committee all the way. LeSean definitely has value but he ain’t dominating the touches like y’all talking about.

13 minutes ago, JP_Grizzly said:

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/reid-ive-been-honest-rb-lesean-mccoy-about-damien-williams

Totally get the Lesean hype but let’s pump the brakes a little. Andy Reid is no dummy if he thought Lesean was the missing piece of this backfield he would traded for him much earlier. He brought in Lesean to let him loose in spurts and if you haven’t bought to in by now Reid wants a committee all the way. LeSean definitely has value but he ain’t dominating the touches like y’all talking about.

Reid (& everyone else) didn't trade for McCoy because he would've cost over $9M/year under his contract. Once he could be had for $3M guaranteed, it's a different story.

• Thanks 1