PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

DUNDUNDUN!!!

read between the lines, kiddos ... FatMan is drooling over the prospect of Shady up in that offense ...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

Reid (& everyone else) didn't trade for McCoy because he would've cost over $9M/year under his contract. Once he could be had for $3M guaranteed, it's a different story.

You are making his point 

I see McCoy getting at least 50% of the early down work plus goal line by week 3.  He'll catch some passes too - don't buy that narrative that Williams will be the only pass catcher.  McCoy has a real chance at a 1300 yard combined season with 30 catches and double-digit TDs, which would make him a back-end RB1 or front-end RB2.  

2019 LeSean McCoy is EXACTLY why I draft for value + skill.

We're sitting pretty over here, not sweating bullets, and happily waiting because our player is a 8th-10th round pick... while the people who burned a high pick on Williams are sweating, wondering if they just created a hole in their roster that they'll have to address by Week 4.

I'm of the personal opinion that both backs will do well. LeSean McCoy eventually outshining... but I digress, if I was a Williams owner in ANY of my 60+ leagues, I'd be sad about the capped ceiling... on a round 3 pick.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

Let’s not forget Andy Reid drafted Shady McCoy into the league. I think there is some unfinished business here that Fatman wants to finish. In McCoy’s press conference, Andy was talking about how he raised together (in NFL sense),McCoy, Maclin, and DJax, and seeing them strive in the NFL ranks. Knowing what Coach Reid has been through makes me believe that this was a no brainer personal decision too. McCoy is this year is his Comeback year. The prettiest footwork since Barry, and the shadiest person on the gridiron. I put the house on that

Edited by Watitdookie

We have seen a (lesser) player rebound at about McCoy's current age. DeAngelo Williams looked washed up in 2014, averaged 3.5 YPC and only suited up for 6 games. He could only get a backup gig in 2015, his age 32 season. He languished on the bench early but when Bell went down Williams dominated and as a starter was as productive as any RB.

9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

We have seen a (lesser) player rebound at about McCoy's current age. DeAngelo Williams looked washed up in 2014, averaged 3.5 YPC and only suited up for 6 games. He could only get a backup gig in 2015, his age 32 season. He languished on the bench early but when Bell went down Williams dominated and as a starter was as productive as any RB.

Usage is more important than age.  At the start of the 2015 season, DeAngelo Williams had about 1,700 touches.  McCoy already has about 2,800.  

Matt Forte is a better comparison.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

DUNDUNDUN!!!

read between the lines, kiddos ... FatMan is drooling over the prospect of Shady up in that offense ...

People who don’t follow Reid always crack me up on things like this. I have been drafting his RBs for 10 years now. He’s only done a RBBC once in those 10 years. Reid was excited to have “3 solid backs who will all play”  back when he had Spencer Ware, Kniles Davis and rookie Kareem Hunt. How much of Ware and Davis did we see once Hunt was the starter? Yea....

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

People who don’t follow Reid always crack me up on things like this. I have been drafting his RBs for 10 years now. He’s only done a RBBC once in those 10 years. Reid was excited to have “3 solid backs who will all play”  back when he had Spencer Ware, Kniles Davis and rookie Kareem Hunt. How much of Ware and Davis did we see once Hunt was the starter? Yea....

That's not exactly what happened.  Kniles Davis was traded to the Packers the previous season.  Spencer Ware, who had started all 3 preseason games he was healthy for went onto the IR after wrecking his knee in the 3rd game.  Kareem Hunt got the backfield by himself by default.  It was him, West who absolutely terrible the year prior and CJ Spiller who had no business still being in the NFL in 2017.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevinwayne20 said:

That's not exactly what happened.  Kniles Davis was traded to the Packers the previous season.  Spencer Ware, who had started all 3 preseason games he was healthy for went onto the IR after wrecking his knee in the 3rd game.  Kareem Hunt got the backfield by himself by default.  It was him, West who absolutely terrible the year prior and CJ Spiller who had no business still being in the NFL in 2017.

You mean the same way McCoy has no business still being in the NFL in 2019? His production has gotten worse and worse the past 3 years (just like CJ Spiller's did) and has fallen off a cliff. In case you aren't aware of what McCoy has done the past 3 seasons...

2016-234 carries 1,267 yards (5.4 YPC) 13 TDs

2017-287 carries 1,138 yards (4.0 YPC) 6 TDs

2018-161 carries 514 yards (3.2 YPC) 3 TDs

Hes 31 and coming off 5 injuries last year. He has no more burst, no breakaway speed, his illusiveness is all but gone...Stick a fork in him, dude is done. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

You mean the same way McCoy has no business still being in the NFL in 2019? His production has gotten worse and worse the past 3 years (just like CJ Spiller's did) and has fallen off a cliff. In case you aren't aware of what McCoy has done the past 3 seasons...

Hes 31 and coming off 5 injuries last year. He has no more burst, no breakaway speed, his illusiveness is all but gone...Stick a fork in him, dude is done. 

He's done just like Adrian Peterson was...or was he?

2017: 129 carries 448 yards (3.5 YPC) 2 TDs
2018: 250 carries 1042 yards (4.2 YPC) 7 TDs

All AP did was move on from behind an inept Arizona offensive line to a competent Washington line. What a difference a change of scenery makes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

You are using 2018 as an anomaly to justify your opinion. He recieved somewhere between 35-50% less carries than 2016-2017. Extrapolate his opportunities and his production is the same. The team dictates how driven / productive a player can be. I don't have any shares in McCoy - but those stats can't justify his future.

Edited by Juke
  • Haha 1

Loving McCoy, drafted him in both my leagues. 

Beautiful landing, literally best spot for McCoy. Andy Reid and Shady got some unfinished business to take care of. Shady thrived under Reid’s offense. McCoy still got it. He’ll be seeing less 8 man box leaving him plenty of space.

I wont be starting him week 1. But once week 3 and on come. I’m firing him at the Flex/RB2 every week. He’ll Get his touches, I think only matter of time before he becomes #1.

P.S Dexter guy definitely drafted Williams and is truly butt hurt about his 3rd round pick 😂😂 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Newtown said:

He's done just like Adrian Peterson was...or was he?

2017: 129 carries 448 yards (3.5 YPC) 2 TDs
2018: 250 carries 1042 yards (4.2 YPC) 7 TDs

All AP did was move on from behind an inept Arizona offensive line to a competent Washington line. What a difference a change of scenery makes.

I can give you a TON more examples of RBs who have declined as they got older rather than ones who have gotten better. Especially RBs over 30. AP is one of the best ever and an anomaly. Not to mention, he only played 10 games total in 2016 and 2017, so he had lots of time off and relatively fresh legs in 2018. McCoy has been playing 14-16 games. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, irvGotti said:

Loving McCoy, drafted him in both my leagues. 

Beautiful landing, literally best spot for McCoy. Andy Reid and Shady got some unfinished business to take care of. Shady thrived under Reid’s offense. McCoy still got it. He’ll be seeing less 8 man box leaving him plenty of space.

I wont be starting him week 1. But once week 3 and on come. I’m firing him at the Flex/RB2 every week. He’ll Get his touches, I think only matter of time before he becomes #1.

P.S Dexter guy definitely drafted Williams and is truly butt hurt about his 3rd round pick 😂😂 

Yep, McCoy thrived in Reid's offense. Except that was a different offense with a completely different team and this isn't 2012 any longer 😂😂

Stop living in the past and come back to reality. Its 2019 and McCoy is old as dirt with a ton of wear and tear on him and coming off 5 injuries. Hes washed up. 

Oh, and I drafted him in my main league too. Not to use him, just to keep him away from others if by some miracle he finds the fountain of youth and actually does something if Williams goes down. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Yep, McCoy thrived in Reid's offense. Except that was a different offense with a completely different team and this isn't 2012 any longer 😂😂

Stop living in the past and come back to reality. Its 2019 and McCoy is old as dirt with a ton of wear and tear on him and coming off 5 injuries. Hes washed up. 

Oh, and I drafted him in my main league too. Not to use him, just to keep him away from others if by some miracle he finds the fountain of youth and actually does something if Williams goes down. 

You made your point. Give it a rest lol...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upside, thy name is McCoy.   I feel like I need to get in some more leagues tomorrow just so I can get some more shares of this guy.  He's coming so cheap right now it's crazy.  

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Damien Williams career rushing stats:

2014 - 16 games, 36/122/0

2015 - 16 games, 16/59/0

2016 - 15 games, 35/115/3

2017 - 11 games, 46/181/0

2018 - 16 games, 50/256/4

So the guy's been in the league going on his 6th season, and his career totals don't even come close to Shady's 2017 numbers alone, and are barely more than Shady's last season - which was beset by injuries, worst o-line in the league, and a carousel of QBs.  But yeah, everyone's just been sleeping on the monster talent that is Damien Williams for 5 seasons now...

You're pissed you drafted Williams in the 2nd round and didn't have the foresight to know the value Shady had in the 10th+ round regardless of whether he was starting for the Bills, or soon to be starting for the Chiefs in a week or two.  It's ok to admit it, you'll feel better about yourself when you do...

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, irvGotti said:

Sure sounds like it.  :D  I'll never understand the mentality of people who feel the need to repeatedly clog the thread of a player they don't like with multiple posts about why player A sucks, just to be a wet blanket and rain on other people's parade.  If you think he sucks, just avoid the thread.  Why are you wasting so much of your time on a player who you think sucks?  🤷‍♂️  I mean, why even bother?  😆  I just don't get it.

34 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Yeah McCoy looks totally washed up in those video clips, lol.  All I can think of is, if someone really thinks he's done based on last year, they must have just been box score scouting and not watching the games.  The Bills were a total disaster last year, starting with the O-line.  And did we forget what a mess of a QB carousel they had last year?  Josh Allen was an inconsistent rook who got injured, Derek Anderson came off the street and immediately started games for them, and let's not forget that the immortal Nathan Peterman opened the year as the starter!!!  😆  Needless to say, Shady will be in a much different (better) situation in Kansas City, to put it mildly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

I can give you a TON more examples of RBs who have declined as they got older rather than ones who have gotten better. Especially RBs over 30. AP is one of the best ever and an anomaly. Not to mention, he only played 10 games total in 2016 and 2017, so he had lots of time off and relatively fresh legs in 2018. McCoy has been playing 14-16 games. 

Fair points.

But I am not convinced McCoy has declined to plodder status like some would like us to believe. I mean, Spencer Ware was productive in this offense. Spencer. Ware.