PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, austin316 said:

By December I think he will have 7-10 TDs easy, barring injury. Maybe he has some miraculous fountain of youth and does more, but at the very leasty he will be flexy. Book it.

I'd happily bet you up to $100 he's under 7 TDs on December 1.

Injury to either DW or Shady voids the bet.

You in?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... You're telling me you guys don't have any evidence of any of this? Then what the hell have we been discussing for 25 pages!? Here I was thinking you were all clairvoyants and Andy Reid experts telling me exactly how the backfield was going to shake out, and now you're telling me that you're all just making assumptions based on past usage with completely different personnel and actually have no f*cking clue what's going to happen until the season starts!?

Well I am SHOCKED, I tell you. 

Glad you have some common sense. I was talking to someone who didn’t understand this so you are preaching to the choir. 

2 hours ago, SheikYerbuti said:

I'd happily bet you up to $100 he's under 7 TDs on December 1.

Injury to either DW or Shady voids the bet.

You in?

He will have 7 TDs in week 1. 😂

9 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Speaking about McCoy: "He's a unique player."  Reading between the lines, he can't wait to use him.  It won't be long before he surpasses Damien to become the 1A to his 1B IMO.  Shady's gonna have a nice little bounce back year, I can just feel it.

What makes you think that, aside from nostalgia perhaps? Williams not only looked worlds better than McCoy last year but beat him in literally every adjusted metric in existence. 

39 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

What makes you think that, aside from nostalgia perhaps? Williams not only looked worlds better than McCoy last year but beat him in literally every adjusted metric in existence. 

Lol helps to be on the Chiefs. What a dumb argument. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Lol helps to be on the Chiefs. What a dumb argument. 

Beat him in every ADJUSTED stat. Sure you can't do an identical comparison, but it would be an irresponsible analysis to completely dismiss how badly DWill destroyed him in literally every metric. 

Honest question, and I know people will point to Gurley in 2016 (he was 22 not 30), but aside from that has a RB ever had a 3.2 YPC and followed that up, not just the next year but any year in their career, with what would be considered a productive season? My guess is no. McCoy didn't just have a bad season, it was historically awful. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The Buffalo effect. Sadly, I watched a lot of Bills games last year. They were a tire fire. I actually owned both McCoy and Williams last year, so followed them both closely. Was all set to keep Damien in my league (we get to keep up to 5 players, any position), but decided against it when the Chiefs signed Shady. I’ve posted before here that I think both backs will have value. But I gave McCoy the slight edge because he’s cheaper and Reid loves him. If Reid loved Williams, he wouldn’t be talking about a committee all of a sudden this offseason, wouldn’t have brought on Hyde, wouldn’t have brought on Shady. Think about it. And anyone who thinks McCoy is done obviously just box score scouted and didn’t watch him play last year. He’s got a lot left, and KC is an amazing situation for him. Compared to Buffalo? Yes, please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Beat him in every ADJUSTED stat. Sure you can't do an identical comparison, but it would be an irresponsible analysis to completely dismiss how badly DWill destroyed him in literally every metric. 

Reference Damien Williams entire career before landing in KC.

2 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

The Buffalo effect. Sadly, I watched a lot of Bills games last year. They were a tire fire. I actually owned both McCoy and Williams last year, so followed them both closely. Was all set to keep Damien in my league (we get to keep up to 5 players, any position), but decided against it when the Chiefs signed Shady. I’ve posted before here that I think both backs will have value. But I gave McCoy the slight edge because he’s cheaper and Reid loves him. If Reid loved Williams, he wouldn’t be talking about a committee all of a sudden this offseason, wouldn’t have brought on Hyde, wouldn’t have brought on Shady. Think about it. And anyone who thinks McCoy is done obviously just box score scouted and didn’t watch him play last year. He’s got a lot left, and KC is an amazing situation for him. Compared to Buffalo? Yes, please.

I'll ask you since you obviously watched a lot more of Buffalo than I did last year, McCoy still passes the eye test in your opinion? Cause DWill immediately did for me. He looked leaps and bounds better than Ware from the get go. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'll ask you since you obviously watched a lot more of Buffalo than I did last year, McCoy still passes the eye test in your opinion? Cause DWill immediately did for me. He looked leaps and bounds better than Ware from the get go. 

Absolutely. They’re both going to do awesome this year IMO. KC’s offense will be even more ridiculous than last year. Adding Shady? Hardman? My goodness. And their defense could be even worse, which is fantasy gold. They’ll have to keep their foot on the gas pedal to win a lot of shootouts. (I’m a Broncos fan, so i watch KC a lot too. ;) )

I’m predicting an eventual 60/40 split in favor of McCoy, but I think both backs can be solid RB2s, especially in PPR. Their offense is just that good. This will be huge for McCoy and rejuvenate his career IMO. Buffalo did him a huge favor by cutting him.

The only downside is neither guy will be “the man” and someone you can lock in your RB1 spot, but it was never going to be that way anyways. Even before Shady was signed, Damien was going to have to share touches with Darwin Thompson and Darrell Williams. Now it will mostly be the McCoy and Damien show. 

But McCoy’s signing helps the offense as a whole, as he brings more to the table than the other guys (although they’re no scrubs either). The day after he walked in the building, he was already listed at #2 on KC’s depth chart, so that should tell you how they feel about him.

Personally I think all the bickering that has gone on in this thread and the Damien thread is really stupid. Both guys are gonna eat. Just enjoy the ride, and be happy you own a piece of one of the greatest offenses ever. 😎

• Like 2

Damian Williams:

2014 3.4 ypc (Mia)

2015 3.7 ypc (Mia)

2016 3.3 ypc (Mia)

2017 3.9 ypc (Mia)

2018 5.1 ypc (KC)

D.Williams is the definition of a JAG.  It really shows how important the team/system is for a RB in the NFL.

Prior to last season McCoy has never had a 3 ypc season.  But let's not forget they had a decimated oline and a rookie qb.  McCoy has had 3 seasons in which he finished with 5 ypc and was basically a whole yard per carry above the previous year. 

Yes at 31 he is getting towards the end,  but at McCoys current price....with his game breaking skill set paired with an explosive offense and Andy Reids ability to expose mismatches..I'm in

• Like 3

McCoy played with a broken rib last year, then he got a concussion, then he pulled his hamstring.

He basically missed almost no time with these injuries, because hes a ******** beast. Yes it had an impact on his #s but hes still tough as f--- to play through that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jccouger said:

McCoy played with a broken rib last year, then he got a concussion, then he pulled his hamstring.

He basically missed almost no time with these injuries, because hes a ******** beast. Yes it had an impact on his #s but hes still tough as f--- to play through that.

Is this injury history supposed to make me feel better about owning McCoy or Williams? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Can you provide details about these adjusted stats, and specifically how they were adjusted?  I'm also curious how they adjusted for one player playing through injuries and the other being fresh at the end of the year.

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm actually curious.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Insert any JAG in that system and I bet they have good stats.

Insert an all pro big name pro bowler in that system? Watch out....even at his age

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Honest question, and I know people will point to Gurley in 2016 (he was 22 not 30), but aside from that has a RB ever had a 3.2 YPC and followed that up, not just the next year but any year in their career, with what would be considered a productive season? My guess is no. McCoy didn't just have a bad season, it was historically awful. 

Honest answers....

Run DMC

2013 Oakland 3.3

2014 Oakland 3.4

2015 Dallas 4.6

Doug Martin

2016 TB 2.9

2017 TB 2.9

2018 Oakland 4.2

Rashad Jennings 

2012 Jax 2.8

2013 Oakland 4.5

LaDanian Tomlinson

Age 30 2009 San Diego 3.3

Age 31 2010 NYJ 4.2

Common theme? New team, new situation, new coach, new me or is it old me? Whatever... you get the point. 

Rejuvenated Shady in that KC backfield will easily be above 4.0 YPC

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Insert any JAG in that system and I bet they have good stats.

Insert an all pro big name pro bowler in that system? Watch out....even at his age

At this point McCoy is JAG, but so is Williams and McCoy therefore at least has a shot at becoming lead JAG on KC which for fantasy purposes is really good. 

• Like 1

Comparing McCoys stats last year is kinda silly really... He played against highly stacked boxes with a crap O line and rookie QB... prior to 2018 he was always a hell of a back with 1000+/- yards..

Last year Any running back that got the nod for KC put up points.. McCoy wont be any different.. He and D Will should be fine flex plays the next few weeks, but by week 3 one of them will be the dominant back... Ill put my money on Shady. Anyone thinking he is garbage hasnt been watching football prior to 2018..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

At this point McCoy is JAG, but so is Williams and McCoy therefore at least has a shot at becoming lead JAG on KC which for fantasy purposes is really good. 

Your god darn wrong darnit

16 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yeah, he looks totally done to me. 😂

Running away from multiple defenders is a sure sign...

17 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yeah, he looks totally done to me. 😂

Its the preseason against a terrible teams backups 😂

8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

DWill immediately did for me. He looked leaps and bounds better than Ware from the get go. 

He literally had logged 133 carries in 4 YEARS in the league. He touched the ball a total of 6 TIMES before Week 13. If he didn't look leaps and bounds better than every single person on the field who had played 12 weeks of a grueling sport then he probably wouldn't even qualify for the special olympics. 

• Haha 1