PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Its the preseason against a terrible teams backups 😂

Preseason game 3, so it was against starters.  Also...who cares which defenders were there?  We're looking at Shady and he looked quick and spry.

change of scenery does wonders. also helps that for the last few years week in and week out that every def gamplan is control and contain shady. now in KC the gamplan goes to control and contain hill, Kelce, mahomes. I think shady has a little something something left in the tank. we will c

If chiefs end up with AB we could see two 30 year olds produce a combined 2000 yards of offense

Edited by 9amest

On 9/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, Zak0221 said:

When's the last time Big Red has benched one of his starting RB due to performance or rather due to the performance of the backup RB?

(hint: its never happened, it's ALWAYS been injury that lead to a changing of the guard)

Westbrook had 4.8 Yards Per Carry in 2007 then in 2008 it dropped to 4.0.  He still started 14 games that year.

To be fair, benching a proven starter and benching a guy who's starter by default are entirely different things.  We've seen multiple Damien Williams caliber backs get passed on the depth chart and lose touches on multiple occasions (Kniles Davis and Chacandrick West come to mind).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Honest question, and I know people will point to Gurley in 2016 (he was 22 not 30), but aside from that has a RB ever had a 3.2 YPC and followed that up, not just the next year but any year in their career, with what would be considered a productive season? My guess is no. McCoy didn't just have a bad season, it was historically awful. 

DeAngelo Williams is a pretty obvious comp.  Was a 3.5 YPC back his last year in Carolina and was a beast the following year in Pitt at the age of 32.  

Edited by kevinwayne20
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Honest question, and I know people will point to Gurley in 2016 (he was 22 not 30), but aside from that has a RB ever had a 3.2 YPC and followed that up, not just the next year but any year in their career, with what would be considered a productive season? My guess is no. McCoy didn't just have a bad season, it was historically awful. 

Do you know that he's no longer on a team with an historically bad offense, and that he's on a team with the best offense in the NFL? Slight difference in situation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berko1se said:

Sounds like 15-20 snaps. As someone who owns both Williams and McCoy....how are we feeling?

Same as before, low confidence.

Its his first game with a new team, on the road, playing against one of the best defenses in the NFL. The best you can hope for is a goal line situation where McCoy punches one in, but I don't know that AR is gonna roll him out in that situation since they might not come often against the Jags D. 

McCoy goal line carries, even in his prime he didn't see a lot of goal line carries.  I would not play McCoy anywhere, but Williams is more confident RB2.

4 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

McCoy goal line carries, even in his prime he didn't see a lot of goal line carries.  I would not play McCoy anywhere, but Williams is more confident RB2.

Yeah McCoy has been awful at the goal line last few years. Williams is the more hefty back for goal line situations. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Yeah McCoy has been awful at the goal line last few years. Williams is the more hefty back for goal line situations. 

"Situations" include rushing and reception opportunities. McCoy knows enough already to be a receiving threat, especially on a condensed field. The shorter field also plays to McCoys remaining strength of bouncing laterally into a gap, his lost step in accelerating is mitigated.

Im not saying it's likely to happen, just saying if you HAVE to start him it's the best you can hope.

Edited by Mr.STD

I am starting him as my second RB in my injury-ravaged 14-teamer.  God help me.  Would not recommend. 

Expecting 6-26; 1 reception 6 yards, type of game.  

35 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Sounds like 15-20 snaps. As someone who owns both Williams and McCoy....how are we feeling?

The same as I was before the tweet.  Don't like the combination of aa short week with the new team and going against the Jags.

I'm of the belief that McCoy is the more talented RB so I would expect (or hope) that he'll be out touching Williams by week 3.  I don't have any faith in Williams who is no more talented then any of the other back ups Reid has made work.  I don't think he looked any better last year than Charcanddrick West looked in his first oppurtunity to see serious snaps in this offense in 2015. 

Best case scenario is the Chiefs lose today and Williams gets bottled up while McCoy brakes off a couple decent runs.

Would escalate the transition to McCoy.

Just now, jccouger said:

Best case scenario is the Chiefs lose today and Williams gets bottled up while McCoy brakes off a couple decent runs.

Would escalate the transition to McCoy.

Or injury but I'd never wish that

• Haha 1

15-20 is what I expected and really optimistic.

Chiefs average around 65 snaps a game. Probably lss today vs Jags so 60 snaps.

If Shady gets 20, that's 33% and will only go up in the coming weeks. Could see 50% next week 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

I am starting him as my second RB in my injury-ravaged 14-teamer.  God help me.  Would not recommend. 

Expecting 6-26; 1 reception 6 yards, type of game.  

Injury ravaged? It's week 1!

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Injury ravaged? It's week 1!

Preaseason injuries

Or we just hope he shows well and D-Will gets bottled up. I know the D-Will truthers are spinning the Shady signing to having somehow have helped him, but I believe that if he still has some juice left this becomes his backfield or he at least has a major role in the offense 12-15 touches a game.

Yeah. I actually like Shady now that he's on the Chiefs...but this is a matchup and a situation I'm staying away from this week. Tough run defense...1st game with the team...Probable snap count...

Let's see how it plays out.

• Like 1

How did he look? Was he better than Williams as the stat line indicated? How about fantasy darling Darwin?

3 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

How did he look? Was he better than Williams as the stat line indicated? How about fantasy darling Darwin?

Like a future Hall of Fame back who is likely to be the top back on the best offense in the league.

• Like 2