PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

anyone with an unbiased opinion? at half time I stopped watching and didn't see much. Did everything come during trash time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both Williams and Shady. Started Williams. Thank god he got that td. Shady looking like the best bet going forward, though. Going to be some tough decisions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

anyone with an unbiased opinion? at half time I stopped watching and didn't see much. Did everything come during trash time? 

 

I own both and watched what I could on RZ.  Like the stats suggest, Williams was effective in the pass game and McCoy was productive on the ground.  I like McCoy going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s going to be the RB to own on this offense. Williams is still going to have a role, but McCoy is the guy. I couldn’t understand why someone in a big money league took Williams in the early 2nd after McCoy had been signed. Glad I got him in the 9th in a 12 man of my biggest league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mest30 said:

I have both Williams and Shady. Started Williams. Thank god he got that td. Shady looking like the best bet going forward, though. Going to be some tough decisions. 

 

I have them both too and also started Williams. Even if you take his TD out, Williams still scored as many points as McCoy because as I said before, he's the superior pass catcher and got 6 receptions to McCoy's 1. Its the first game, we will see how much gas McCoy has in the tank by week 8. Bottom line is points matter in fantasy, not stat lines. I'll take 15.5 points over 9.8 points every time. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

I have them both too and also started Williams. Even if you take his TD out, Williams still scored as many points as McCoy because as I said before, he's the super pass catcher and got 6 receptions to McCoy's 1. Its the first game, we will see how much gas McCoy has in the tank by week 8. Bottom line is points matter in fantasy, not stat lines. I'll take 15.5 points over 9.8 points every time. 

 

 

Yeah 15.5>9.8 but Mccoy is still being eased back in. Did he even get 20 snaps today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy has a 78 reception season on his resume--under Reid. I wouldn't rule out his passing game prowess. Really the only weakness he has had is goal line work, which he has ceded at times to people like Chris Polk, Karlos Williams, and Mike Gillisee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

anyone with an unbiased opinion? at half time I stopped watching and didn't see much. Did everything come during trash time? 

I own more shady than DW-   But don’t see it changing much.    Damien had less room to work and handled GL, caught everything and was very smooth.   Shady had some nice seams open and he ran well-   The same guy from buffalo.    

Neither were needed all that much with Mahomes and Watkins having their way.   Both are startable depending on league.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Bottom line is points matter in fantasy, not stat lines. I'll take 15.5 points over 9.8 points every time. 

 

Hindsight is a losing strategy.

Points are what matter after the game is over.
Stat lines are how you develop a winning strategy, by using them to project forward, and adjusting before it's too late.

McCoy's usage will continue to increase.  HOWEVER... with Tyreek hill out, I actually expect Damien's usage to be safe as well.

If you're drafting today, Damien isn't getting the workload to justify a 3rd round pick.  McCoy is already getting more than you paid for, and moving forward you expect the trend to continue in McCoy's favor, but probably plateau at 50/50.  Damien is the only one I would feel safe starting next week, but Damien is also the one I'm trying to sell this week.  I'm not trying to buy either one of them.  If I have McCoy I'm holding, as I believe his value will increase a bit more, and then I would consider selling high.  There's a lot more to evaluate in the coming weeks, but just offering my insight.  They both looked good today, Thompson wasn't very involved, but adds yet another concern to this backfield, which is another reason I would sell Williams for 80-90% if I could.  I don't want to watch his role also increase as the year goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FFCollusion said:

 

Hindsight is a losing strategy.

Points are what matter after the game is over.
Stat lines are how you develop a winning strategy, by using them to project forward, and adjusting before it's too late.

McCoy's usage will continue to increase.  HOWEVER... with Tyreek hill out, I actually expect Damien's usage to be safe as well.

If you're drafting today, Damien isn't getting the workload to justify a 3rd round pick.  McCoy is already getting more than you paid for, and moving forward you expect the trend to continue in McCoy's favor, but probably plateau at 50/50.  Damien is the only one I would feel safe starting next week, but Damien is also the one I'm trying to sell this week.  I'm not trying to buy either one of them.  If I have McCoy I'm holding, as I believe his value will increase a bit more, and then I would consider selling high.  There's a lot more to evaluate in the coming weeks, but just offering my insight.  They both looked good today, Thompson wasn't very involved, but adds yet another concern to this backfield, which is another reason I would sell Williams for 80-90% if I could.  I don't want to watch his role also increase as the year goes on.

 

Pure speculation based off ONE game. Bottom line is Williams is the starter and will continue to see most of the snaps and touches, just like he did today, until Reid announces he's making changes. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Pure speculation based off ONE game. Bottom line is Williams is the starter and will continue to see most of the snaps and touches, just like he did today, until Reid announces he's making changes. 

 

You're speculating Damien is the starter after one game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Pure speculation based off ONE game. Bottom line is Williams is the starter and will continue to see most of the snaps and touches, just like he did today, until Reid announces he's making changes. 

Yes. Indeed. That is how it works. Andy Reid will announce to the league, his competitors, exactly which running back he will begin to favor in terms of touches, which in no way would ever hinder their ability to catch anyone off guard, or limit their ability to plan against them. That's when you will know Shady will be the #1 back. This is correct information, and in no way full blown copium. 

Edited by RevisAteMyQB
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

 

Yeah 15.5>9.8 but Mccoy is still being eased back in. Did he even get 20 snaps today?

 

That's how I  feel.  McCoy's been in KC for a week.  The fact that there was such a noticeable difference between the 2 backs today when it came to running the ball is a positive for McCoy. He's a better pass catcher than Williams IMO and will start to see more work as he gets more familiar with the play book.

Williams is going to have to get much more efficient as a runner if he expects to hold McCoy off.  Outside of an injury to Williams, today was best possible scenario for McCoy owners.

So much for McCopy being a 2017 CJ Spiller caliber back.  He was easily the more dynamic of the 2 RBs today.  

Edited by kevinwayne20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

You're speculating Damien is the starter after one game?

 

Are you trolling or being serious? He was named the starter many weeks ago. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Are you trolling or being serious? He was named the starter many weeks ago. 

When McCoy wasn't on the roster.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just speculating here but I think by week 3, shady knows the playbook .....

and in week 3,... shady takes the lead gig...

 

DWill catches just fine, no doubt there, but his Rushes,. not so good....

Shady catches just fine too, his past shows this.. his rushes, very good...

To many "experts"  in the D Williams Thread ( Who must not have watched the NFL prior to 2018) who forgot how great Shady was pre-2018 (which was most likely due to his crap Line, Rookie QB, injuries, AND stacked boxes)...

.... Someone get Shady a Spoon because when he learns this playbook he is going to EAT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

When McCoy wasn't on the roster.

 

 And he out-snapped and out-touched McCoy 2-1. It’s clear to anyone who knows football that Williams is the starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 And he out-snapped and out-touched McCoy 2-1. It’s clear to anyone who knows football that Williams is the starter. 

 

McCoy has been there a week so of course he was not going to get more touches, given his limited familiarity with the playbook. We won't know what the real split will be until Week 3 or Week 4. 

Williams out-touched him 2:1 yet gained substantially less yards. Isn't that a bad thing for Williams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Are you trolling or being serious? He was named the starter many weeks ago. 

 

Nothing at all has changed since then. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

 

Nothing at all has changed since then. 😆

 

Right, nothing has changed until Reid says there has been a change and McCoy is the new starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to gauge the distribution moving forward but if you're a McCoy owner you couldn't have asked for a better day. If this continues you'd have to assume he becomes the RB to start in this offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.